Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3

Do you like MW3?

• yes

Votes: 12 80.0%
  • no

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters
CoD dollars seemed to make the game 'fairer'. It stopped all the higher rankers from using better attachments for weapons against newcomers. That way it all came down to skill and how you played the game. Not
"I can see you in the dark with thermal and you can't. Game won."
However this only works for casual players, for people who play it often and wish to unlock a lot of things, then MW2 got it perfect.

Difficulty shouldn't be a reason to dislike or to go as far as hate a game. In fact, it should be a reason to like the game more. A hard game is a game to beat. If a game is hard then there is more reason to add it to your list of completed games.

The story tries to be as intimidating and as shocking as possible. Both MW2 and Black Ops did this but I think that MW2 holds the torch. Burning washington and the invasion of America with an EMP was just awesome. No other word for it. Black Ops was more of a mystery with guns and war thrown in.

I hope they keep the whole CoD currency concept in MW3. It made getting attachments for guns a whole lot easier which is pretty nice for the regular casual gamer who doesn't want to go through the long task of using specific attachments and getting a set number of kills just to unlock the better attachments (I'm looking at you Intervention!)

The only things i'm really looking forward too for MW3 are the new online multiplayer maps and how they're going to change up the perks or take away/add perks. I don't want to see Comando ever again, that perk was insanely stupid, though Pro was useful for the no fall damage, hopefully they'll make that into another perk of it's own. More importantly though i want to see how they'll allow you to mix up your perk selection - BlackOps allowed you to run Sleight of Hand/Scavenger (pratically what i ran on all my classes) which i really liked. It allowed you to be more aggressive IMO, though of course in MW2 being able to run Marathon/Lightweight made you a speed demon which allowed you to rush spawn points as well as escape and it complemented the infamous tactical knife. It meant getting close but by the time the enemy has seen you, most times, it will usually be through a killcam.

Hopefully they'll balance out the killstreaks and take away a few of the airbourne killstreaks as there were far too many which could overlap eachother and it became a game of "if you don't run cold-blooded, then leaving cover = suicide". No Nuke this time!

hey guys i have some news about the new call of duty elite which works alongside mw3 as an online service:

http://www.everybodyplays.co.uk/news/360/Modern-Warfare-3-Elite-announced/653

how do u guys feel about this

^herp derp

Alright, I saw some of the demo at XBOX's conference. Great gameplay, and the action never stops, just as I expected. It blew me away, and I hope to see more! I'll give some more updates as the demo unfolds on SpikeTV.

speaking of demos idk if some of u hav watched this yet but here is a demo of cod mw3 it looks pretty cool!

http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/06/06/e3-2011-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3-gameplay-demo?objectid=69474

It looks...exactly like MW2. Sure, MW2 was a great game but they have to step up the graphics. Hopefully it's still "early" in the graphical stage (doubtful). I am really not sure if I am going to get this on release date or a few months later...

They didn't show any multiplayer. Come on. This isn't even fun anymore, InfinityWard.
The Submarine level looked really good, though. Perfect amount of speed and explosions. :p

If you don't mind, I link to my friends video of MW3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6iAaiXPgpY&feature=channel_video_title

I'll be buying MW3 and see how it is. Haven't tried battlefield at all and MW3 will most likely be coming out for the Wii chellochello.

Lenny said:
It looks...exactly like MW2. Sure, MW2 was a great game but they have to step up the graphics. Hopefully it's still "early" in the graphical stage (doubtful). I am really not sure if I am going to get this on release date or a few months later...

Frankly I think there's other more pressing concerns than merely stepping up the graphics. When I saw the Mass Effect 3 footage, the graphics didn't look stepped up either (no, making Shepard's armour more shiny is not stepping up) but I didn't really mind since I'm pretty satisfied with the level of graphics in most games these days.

Of course there be always room for improvement
mw3-nobullet.jpg

Gameplay wise judging by what I've seen so far I can probably just copy+paste my opinions of MW2

True, but the gameplay seems relatively similar. I already have MW2. I don't want a c/p. The MW story is not that appealing to me, so online is all I really care about. However, the gameplay is so darn addicting that I may very well get both BF3 and MW3. They both have things going for them, I just feel BF3 is going to be so much more revolutionary. MW3 is extremely popular and easy to get into, which is why it will probably outperform it in sales.

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3

call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3.jpg

Now, I know there are other threads that have focused on this game, but with it just being released on November 8th, I wanted to see what everyone thought about it's release. Call of Duty, if you don't know, is one of the most popular and highest-grossing video game series of all time. It's multiplayer mode revolutionized how game developers create and test shooters, if not video games in general. This came to light around the release of CoD 4: Modern Warfare. The Call of Duty series has been made by both Infinity Ward and Treyarch, two highly successful game developers, under the supervison of Activision. The newest installment, Modern Warfare 3, made over $400 Million Dollars on it's first day of release. $400 Million Dollars. And the series has made well over $5 Billion dollars total, which Skyrockets over the gross of many video games, and even top Box Office hits like Avatar. I made this thread to ask you, as a Pokemon gamer yourself, of how a video game can impact society so profoundly, both economically and socially. Organizations, clubs, and groups around the world are dedicated to games like CoD, Halo, Gears of war, and the rest. I enjoy the game myself, and I'd love to hear other people's opinions on this subculture that has been created solely by gamers like myself. So feel free to discuss the game, tips or tricks, or how the game has impacted the world. Heck, even give me your gamertag/PSN if you'd like. And be sure to remember, There's a Soldier in All of Us.

RE: Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3

AAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Campaign was alright, a bit predictable though. Multiplayer is ridiculously fun though, even better than MW2 (no more n00btube spam everywhere thank god). Gamertag is slickmario43 for anyone who wants to play (1st prestige level 27 as we speak >:D)

Btw, anyone who got Founder status on CoD: Elite should have received all of the bonus stuff today or last night. I got my title, emblem, and camo earlier this morning.

You can check the status of the site here.

Call of Duty Elite Boiiiii
I'm really enjoying the campaign, even though I (sadly) haven't finished it yet. I nearly died when I found out you play as Frost in the beginning of the campaign and that Frost is also my PSN name. :D So how does the multiplayer feel for everyone? Better, or worse?

Super nerdgasm right here. I'm lv 73 or 74 at the moment (can't remember exactly) with a 2.52 k/d. I've unlocked the golden CM901 at around Lv. 50, but I was so caught up in getting my first gold gun I didn't realize that there were so many BETTER guns.

My current favorite guns have got to be PP90M1, MK14, and MSR. The MSR just feels so boss and I've had the most accuracy and damage when hardscoping and quickscoping, so I use it over all the semi-auto snipers. I do enjoy the L118A too, but once I unlocked the MSR, I fell in love.

The PP90M1 is crazy at CQC. I never tried Rapid Fire honestly, mostly because I like my Red Dot with it and I do well. I'm sure the fire rate would be maxxed out with Rapid Fire, but I prefer having amazing accuracy and crazy fire rate over a little higher fire rate. At medium range the damage does drop a fair amount, but it's still great. Most maps in MW3 are very suited towards CQC.

MK14 is the cheapest gun in CoD right now. 0 recoil (with kick proficiency), almost always 2 hit kill, sometimes three, and a crazy fire rate. It's single shot, but if you've got a good trigger finger, nobody will even realize it's single-shot. You can even put Rapid Fire on it and it will shoot even faster, still with hardly any recoil. It's a freaking beast. I use it with Red Dot because the iron sights are pretty frustrating.

So far, my favorite perks have got to be Sleight of Hand/Scavenger/Blind Eye for Perk 1. Blind Eye I use on at least 1 class in case some air vehicle goes up and starts destroying my team. Scavenger is for my ARs and SMGs. Sleight of Hand is what I usually put on my snipers because the pro allows for faster weapon swaps, which is very important for snipers. Quickly swapping to my G18's is a lifesaver. For Perk 2, I ALWAYS use Assassin. It allows me to go undetected by UAVs and rack up a high killstreak without worrying about a silly 3 killstreak ruining my day. For Perk 3, I use Steady Aim for my ARs/SMGs not only for the hip fire accuracy, but rather the pro perk. Because I can't have Quickdraw over Assassin in Perk 2, I use Steady Aim's Pro, which is faster ADS after sprinting. It's practically Quickdraw, except right after sprint (which is a lot of the time for me). For my sniper I use Marksman because it's just so cheap. I don't even see the people. They just get highlighted for me and I pop 'em in the head. Assassin Pro negates Marksman, but it's still a darn good perk that really saves me time. The extra breath holding isn't bad either.

NOW FOR THE KILLSTREAKS, on my ARs/SMGs I do Assault, with 5-7-12 (Predator-Attack Helicopter-Pavelow). I get the full killstreak about 1/4th of the time but it's still worth it. For my snipers, and in the MK14s special case, I use Support. Recon Drone has got to be the cheapest and most point-rewarding killstreak out there. I get one usually every game that I run support in, and it usually gets me to the top of the lobby leaderboard even when I have 5-10 less kills than the person who got the most kills. If you have a good team that can take out the enemies you tagged quickly, you can find their spawn and re-tag them quickly. I tagged 15 people in one game. That's 1500 points for doing absolutely nothing. And don't forget the tag assists you get from when your teammates killed the people you tagged. Unbalanced killstreak in terms of points, I hope they don't fix it because it's really how I've been leveling up so fast.

WITH ALL THAT SAID, I really do love this game. I think it's an exceptional improvement from MW2. It took the feel of MW1, a lot of the mechanics in MW2, put them together into one game with some additions and innovations. Many people say it's the same game, and they have a point, but many sequels run on the same engine than their predecessors. I don't understand why CoD is the one taking all the hate. It's just because it's so popular. [/endrant]

^That is a man of pro skillz right there
I really agree with a lot of what you said, the multiplayer just seems so balanced in terms of comparing it to MW2. A couple notes:

- The PP90M1 has been criticized for being a bad gun, but I think it's fun to use and is a hell of a gun in close range.
- I pretty much use only Scavenger/Sleight of Hand, and I am full on about only using assassin.
- For Assault Killstreaks, I go 4-9-15 (Care package, Strafe Run, Juggernaut) because those are just THE coolest perks to use, especially the Juggernaut (All my dreams came true). For Support, I run 5-10-12 (Ballistic Vest, Recon Drone, Advanced UAV). The streaks are a bit risky and gapped, but I think it works well in most situations. I'm wanting to try out the Recon Juggernaut.

Work has been killing me in terms of taking my time, so I haven't got too many hours of play in, sadly. I'll try to update with other multiplayer shenanigans later. ^_^

Recon Juggernaut is fun to use in Team Defender. Good for defending the guy with the flag. Even better if the Juggernaut has the flag. Just be careful about guys trying to flank you. When I try to take down a Juggernaut, I get behind them, and spray at them with Akimbo FMG9s. Super easy to kill that way.

JOIN MAH ELITE CLAN. Search "The Task Force" (no quotations, spaces included).

Back