Buying Japanese cards

rev3rsor

目がピアノを弾く
Hello, I was browsing the Japanese Pokemon website and I noticed that their recommended retail prices are a lot cheaper than those here in Australia. I was wondering if the stores in Japan (Pokemon Centers in particular) sell them at those prices, and whether Pokemon officially sells cards online. Thanks in advance :)

Yes, they do sell them at those prices. No, there is no official online sales for the Japanese PTCG. You can however use sites like AmiAmi to buy boxes -- for individual packs you'd have to go through eBay or another seller.

Are you a player or collector? Cheaper cards are great re: collecting (plus the quality is generally much much better) but are unplayable in official tourneys.

There are also members here that trade or sell Japanese cards.

I'm half collector, half casual player. I play at school with friends, so they'll probably not mind me using Jap cards so long as I can provide a translation (hooray nice Jap teacher this year). I was planning to buy the Blastoise + Kyurem EX deck because I don't have Blastoise and want to save some money.Thanks for the info guys :)

Back