JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
A new Butterfree and the rest of its evolution line have been revealed from Japan’s upcoming Fusion Arts set, which releases there on September 24th.
Butterfree – HP120
Stage 2 – Evolves from Metapod
Ability: Tricolor Scales
When you play this Pokemon from your hand to evolve 1 of your Pokemon during your turn, you may make your opponent’s Active Pokemon Burned, Confused, and Poisoned.
[G][C] Gust: 90 damage.
Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: None
Retreat: 1

Metapod – Grass – HP80
Stage 1 – Evolves from Caterpie
Ability: Hard Body
This Pokemon takes 20 less damage from attacks (after...

Continue reading...

JL_muserwolves

Mercy!
Salazzle BST/Butterfree is about to be the hottest meme deck on the ladder. 300 for a Twin, repeatable, and pushable by being unable to switch/retreat? That's legitimately impressive for a one-prize concept, and you have Turffield and Level Ball to search out your pieces + can re-use the entire bug line immediately with Scoop Up Net and Caterpie + Metapod RCL. Keep an eye out.

As far as bigger pairings might be concerned, a low-maintenance VMAX that plays well with disruption like Victini could be an interesting fit.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Finally, a decent Butterfree. More playable than others I have seen. Just play it with the Caterpie and Metapod from Rebel Clash.
Still don't like it because it clogs up bench space and even deck space, and the ability is bad on a Switch-infested metagame.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Salazzle BST/Butterfree is about to be the hottest meme deck on the ladder. 310 for a Twin, repeatable, and pushable by burn tails or being unable to switch/retreat? That's legitimately impressive for a one-prize concept, and you have Turffield and Level Ball to search out your pieces + re-use the entire line immediately with Scoop Up Net and Caterpie + Metapod RCL. Keep an eye out.

As far as bigger pairings might be concerned, a low-maintenance VMAX that plays well with disruption like Victini could be an interesting fit.
Still weak to RS Urshifu tbh. No Mew means its crap against Urshifu.

Actually, today is the last day of Sun & Moon cards in the Standard format.

JL_muserwolves

Mercy!
Still weak to RS Urshifu tbh. No Mew means its crap against Urshifu.

Actually, today is the last day of Sun & Moon cards in the Standard format.
It's not nearly as bad as you might think, you just need to get out 3 Salandit turn 1 if you go second which isn't the worst thing in the world, since you don't need to spend a ball to get Caterpie immediately thanks to Adaptive Evolution and can wait until the entire line is ready to come out. If anything the only problem will be finding your Twin Energy, but you'll probably play a handful of Captures too in case you get the chance to go first and get an attack off by attaching 2 of them. I wouldn't call it "favorable" necessarily, but an unfavorable matchup against one of the big decks isn't the end of the world, and post-rotation format is quite diverse so Urshifu is just one of the decks in the field. It's not wise to dismiss something so quickly.

In any case, Mew was made obsolete against Urshi/Inteleon the second they printed Medicham V anyway.

WillyCharizard

Aspiring Trainer
It's not nearly as bad as you might think, you just need to get out 3 Salandit turn 1 if you go second which isn't the worst thing in the world, since you don't need to spend a ball to get Caterpie immediately thanks to Adaptive Evolution and can wait until the entire line is ready to come out. If anything the only problem will be finding your Twin Energy, but you'll probably play a handful of Captures too in case you get the chance to go first and get an attack off by attaching 2 of them. I wouldn't call it "favorable" necessarily, but an unfavorable matchup against one of the big decks isn't the end of the world, and post-rotation format is quite diverse so Urshifu is just one of the decks in the field. It's not wise to dismiss something so quickly.

In any case, Mew was made obsolete against Urshi/Inteleon the second they printed Medicham V anyway.
Inteleon its the responsable for making obsolote, Medicham its just the final nail on the coffin, anyway I believe this format shouldnt be taking into account cause it just a short period of time transition before the rotation

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
This is Mitsuhiro Arita's first Caterpie card, ever. He apparently has yet to work on a Metapod or Butterfree card.

Crazy.

JL_muserwolves

Mercy!
Inteleon its the responsable for making obsolote, Medicham its just the final nail on the coffin, anyway I believe this format shouldnt be taking into account cause it just a short period of time transition before the rotation
If it's just Inteleon, you could still time a Mew benching well enough to buy a turn when you needed it, assuming they didn't have 3 shooters out. With Medicham and 2 shooters, it gets instantly punished. And yeah, I'm looking forward towards what would be SSH-FST (FUS?) format with the idea on Salazzle anyway.

JL_muserwolves

Mercy!
You'll still going to find it, the time you need it. You'll be in trouble of looping the damage. Building a Salazzle and Butterfree deck will make you cry in terms on deck consistency. The Pokemon alone is like 1/3 of your deck already.
A 4-4 Salazzle and a 2-2-2 Butterfree is 14 cards (yes you're only going need a 2-2-2 Butterfree, Turffield and Level Ball getting your entire deck is quite a concept, as is Net protecting them). Even if you miss an attack here and there (which no one is saying you won't, because you definitely will), you also only need to connect 2-3 times against the vast majority of the meta decks to take a game and you probably have 4-5 turns to do that.

In all of this, you seem to be missing the entire point of the very first sentence of my first post here, which was that it's going to be "the hottest meme deck on the ladder." I think we'll be able to call it a success if it sneaks in some locals wins, maybe a surprise Limitless placement or two, and produces some hilarious moments of gameplay, which I think it definitely will, and you can bet there's going to be a bunch of it on PTCGO because it's easy as anything to build. There's plenty of market space in the playerbase for those kinds of decks. Bump those Geodudes up, man.

For everyone else that isn't being a dirty pessimist, I have a preliminary list!
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 19

* 1 Oranguru SSH 148
* 1 Crobat V DAA 104
* 2 Galarian Zigzagoon SSH 117
* 4 Salandit BST 27
* 4 Salazzle BST 28
* 2 Caterpie RCL 1
* 1 Celebi SHF 3
* 2 Metapod RCL 2
* 2 Butterfree RCL 3

##Trainer Cards - 33

* 4 Marnie CPA 56
* 4 Professor's Research SHF 60
* 3 Boss's Orders SHF 58
* 2 Air Balloon SSH 156
* 4 Level Ball BST 129
* 4 Quick Ball SSH 179
* 2 Turffield Stadium CPA 68
* 3 Evolution Incense SSH 163
* 2 Rescue Carrier EVS 154
* 1 Escape Rope BST 125
* 4 Scoop Up Net RCL 165

##Energy - 8

* 4 Capture Energy RCL 171
* 4 Twin Energy RCL 174

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Attachments

• salazbutter.png
    salazbutter.png
    986 KB · Views: 4

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
A 4-4 Salazzle and a 2-2-2 Butterfree is 14 cards (yes you're only going need a 2-2-2 Butterfree, Turffield and Level Ball getting your entire deck is quite a concept, as is Net protecting them). Even if you miss an attack here and there (which no one is saying you won't, because you definitely will), you also only need to connect 2-3 times against the vast majority of the meta decks to take a game and you probably have 4-5 turns to do that.

In all of this, you seem to be missing the entire point of the very first sentence of my first post here, which was that it's going to be "the hottest meme deck on the ladder." I think we'll be able to call it a success if it sneaks in some locals wins, maybe a surprise Limitless placement or two, and produces some hilarious moments of gameplay, which I think it definitely will, and you can bet there's going to be a bunch of it on PTCGO because it's easy as anything to build. There's plenty of market space in the playerbase for those kinds of decks. Bump those Geodudes up, man.

For everyone else that isn't being a dirty pessimist, I have a preliminary list!
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 19

* 1 Oranguru SSH 148
* 1 Crobat V DAA 104
* 2 Galarian Zigzagoon SSH 117
* 4 Salandit BST 27
* 4 Salazzle BST 28
* 2 Caterpie RCL 1
* 1 Celebi SHF 3
* 2 Metapod RCL 2
* 2 Butterfree RCL 3

##Trainer Cards - 33

* 4 Marnie CPA 56
* 4 Professor's Research SHF 60
* 3 Boss's Orders SHF 58
* 2 Air Balloon SSH 156
* 4 Level Ball BST 129
* 4 Quick Ball SSH 179
* 2 Turffield Stadium CPA 68
* 3 Evolution Incense SSH 163
* 2 Rescue Carrier EVS 154
* 1 Escape Rope BST 125
* 4 Scoop Up Net RCL 165

##Energy - 8

* 4 Capture Energy RCL 171
* 4 Twin Energy RCL 174

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******
Any answer to Duraludon, mate? 3 for Butterfree, for now.

ProfesserPopplio

Professional Air Breather
You'll still going to find it, the time you need it. You'll be in trouble of looping the damage. Building a Salazzle and Butterfree deck will make you cry in terms on deck consistency. The Pokemon alone is like 1/3 of your deck already.
If u run a 3-3-3 then it shouldn’t be that bad plus there’s turfield stadium