Burned Special Condition Likely Returning to the TCG, New Ruling Change

Return of Burn! Awesome!

Glad it's returning, the Burn marker in all the Elite Trainer Boxes and theme decks was awfully redundant.

They actually BUFFED a Status Effect!?!

Well it's about time all they've been doing is making them weaker throughout the years the game has been around.

Well that makes it immediately better than poison but with likely less damage over a long period of time which is similar to how burn works in the video game. This might be a better condition in the tcg because it grants more immediate damage on the first turn on its first guaranteed tick, which makes it sound very useful. But please no hypnoburn laser. I will set fire to all of my pokemon cards.

I guess I never realized they dropped the status effect because of how I would always see the burn marker in the Elite Trainer Boxes. I just figured nobody cared enough to use burn.

Congratulations, Volcarona DRX, you still probably won't see too much play in expanded.

Well that makes it immediately better than poison but with likely less damage over a long period of time which is similar to how burn works in the video game. This might be a better condition in the tcg because it grants more immediate damage on the first turn on its first guaranteed tick, which makes it sound very useful. But please no hypnoburn laser.
I will set fire to all of my pokemon cards.
How would that help. Your just burining them so it would support a hypnoburn laser.

Thank goodness the Burned Condition is coming back. Though you could say that it was simply returning from a three-year hiatus.

A status effect buff? that's great! the Confusion nerf always made me a little sad since it's usage dropped hard afterwards, but this looks to help remedy that.

Now it's just the question of which Pokemon gets the hon of Bringing burn back into the game(dibs on the fire starter.)

You had Vulpix in DRX that burned for its attack so that would be a good pairing with Volcarona in expanded.

If it were up to me, Burn would make you place a damage counter in between turns and reduce all damage done by the burned Pokemon by 20.

What about White Kyurem EX in expanded? Acceleration with DDE and Reshiram, gets 300 HP with its ACE spec, and can now hit for 170 every time. That seems like the best burner in expanded right now...

With this effect on Burn, white Kyurem can hit a consistent kill on all Pokemon in the format except Primal Groudon, Kyogre and Wailord.

Hallelujah I LOVE THIS! I think it is absolutely perfect now and can't wait to see its new implementation.

Great, fire decks are fast and hit hard, but I always felt they needed something extra to deal with other decks.

Back