Discussion Brilliant or Shining? Which Version Are You Getting?

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
What version fo you think is the better one? Based on the original games, or just your feeling.
I like Dialga more than Palkia but thats just the legendary which is not a very important factor for me.

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
If the version exclusives in the originals are any indicator of what they'll be in the remakes, I'd probably say Shining Pearl, just because I prefer the Pearl exclusives to the Diamond exclusives.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I'm getting neither because these games are going to be awful. If by some stroke of the gods' luck they aren't complete rhino poopy, I'll get Diamond because Dialga a best.

Brave Vesperia

Forum Smod
Forum Super Mod
Forum Mod
Getting both for trading, also me and my brother always play Pokemon games at the same time. When there's remakes I always play the opposite of the one I started with though. Like since I played Pearl first upon release I'm gonna play Brilliant Diamond first and make that my "main game", so to speak.

bbb888

Same user name as my Pokémon YouTube channel
I'm getting neither because these games are going to be awful.
For someone who has "happy thoughts" in their profile, you sure sound pessimistic.

I'll be getting Diamond - I think it is a "brilliant" choice as I already have Palkia in my other games, but not Dialga.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
For someone who has "happy thoughts" in their profile, you sure sound pessimistic.

I'll be getting Diamond - I think it is a "brilliant" choice as I already have Palkia in my other games, but not Dialga.
The series as a whole has been steadily declining since 2013. I've come to terms that my generation isn't the target audience for this series anymore, but that doesn't mean I can't be upset at how Pokemon as a whole has gone down the tubes.

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
I’m still wondering whether or not I want to get one of the Diamond and Pearl remakes. One the one hand, I already have the original Diamond, and my brother has the original Pearl. On the other hand, these games look wonderful and feature a few fun changes that improve on the original without trying to streamline it to conform to SWSH. I know for a fact that I want to get Legends: Arceus and New Pokémon Snap. As for Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, I guess I would let my brother choose, since we share and split the cost for cartridges on the Nintendo Switch unless only one of us is interested in a game.

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
I’m still wondering whether or not I want to get one of the Diamond and Pearl remakes. One the one hand, I already have the original Diamond, and my brother has the original Pearl. On the other hand, these games look wonderful and feature a few fun changes that improve on the original without trying to streamline it to conform to SWSH. I know for a fact that I want to get Legends: Arceus and New Pokémon Snap. As for Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, I guess I would let my brother choose, since we share and split the cost for cartridges on the Nintendo Switch unless only one of us is interested in a game.
Thats a good point. The Legends Arceus coming out just a little after these games may put pressure on some to wait and see if its even worth buying the 2 games, but more than that it kinda prevents people from even thinking about purchasing both versions like some used to.