Breloom Poison Heal moveset?

Frost Mage

Pegasususus
So I recently caught a shiny Breloom with a Rash nature, which isn't great, but it does have 31 IVs in Attack. Either way, it's shiny and it's special to me because I love shiny Breloom, and I'm going to try to use it with Poison Heal. She holds a Toxic Orb to get not only status absorption, but immunity to weather damage. Right now her moveset is Mach Punch, Seed Bomb, Stone Edge, and Protect. Now without Technician it doesn't have the 100 base power Mach Punch, but it still does a good amount of damage. Her speed is generally too low to outspeed most sweepers, thus the Mach Punch, and she's too frail to even get one turn of Substitute in, but that might be because I don't know when to throw her into battle. I have a Lonely Technician Breloom, but I really want to use this shiny one as best I can. Any suggestions?

I have no way to teach her Focus Punch, and even if I did, Breloom, even with max Speed IVs/EVs is outsped by common sweepers such as Garchomp, cannot usually get out a Substitute fast enough to get in that Focus Punch. :c

If you're trying to Substitute against a Garchomp, you're using Breloom wrong. You cannot just click Substitute and expect it to work every time. The idea is to get Breloom in against ANYTHING that's slower than it, or that has a type disadvantage, so something like Tyranitar, Jellicent, etc. Then you can freely get the substitute up while your opponent either switches out, or tries to break it.

[animate]breloom[/animate] @Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
12 HP/252 Atk/244 Spe
~Substitute
~Spore
~Focus Punch
~Seed Bomb

I think you need to find a way to get it Spore and Focus Punch, otherwise Breloom is just inferior to other Fighting types. Things like Conkeldurr have more power and more bulk while things like Infernape or Lucario boast superior Speed and greater versatility. If you have absolutely no other way to get Focus Punch, then try running a Specially Defensive set with something a moveset of Bulk Up/Drain Punch/Seed Bomb/Spore or Mach Punch. The set is gimmicky at best, but it does a good number on more defensively-oriented teams, especially ones that are rain-based.

Back