Boy Scouts

SheNinja

Aspiring Trainer
Welp.

I'm a Boy Scout. Calling out to all PokeScouts! Let me know how you like Boy Scouts ^_^

I'm a Tenderfoot with 8 Merit Badges: Swimming, Leatherwork, Basketry, Rifle Shooting, Lifesaving, Environmental Science, Coin Collecting, and Camping with a partial in Shotgun Shooting and Sculpture. I am now going to attempt to complete every merit badge offered.

Eagle Scout here. Did you just join Scouts? I've never heard of a 13 year old still being a Tenderfoot with only 3 merit badges. I didn't take Wilderness Survival, but I've heard that spending the night in an improvised shelter you built yourself is quite the experience, especially if it rains.

Yeah.

I haven't been working so hard on rank advancements. I almost have Second Class and First Class done, but I want to do those Boards of Review on the same meeting day.

Merit Badges are my focus for now. I have 12 almost done at home, 3 completely done, 1 partial, and 4 I'm going to do at Summer Camp.

My goal is to be an Eagle Scout. I have 2 brothers; 1 is an Eagle Scout and the other is a Life Scout that has everything except the project and Citizenship in the Community.

How many Merit Badges did you complete?

I wanted to be a scout when I was a kid but I never got around to ask my parents seriously enough and I thought I was kinda too old to start (when I was 11 WTF). ;____;

#bitterchildhoodmemories

Too old when you were 11 lololololol.

I started when I just turned twelve (I should've started earlier because I had already gotten the Arrow, but NOPE CHUCK TESTA my parents wouldn't let me :()

I dunno... I used to think that I was a "big boy"... don't tell your children they are big when they aren't... looking back... just wtf.

I have 25 or so completed, no idea how many incomplete. Now that I think about it, I probably got qualified for canoeing at Northern Tier and should look into that.

Back when I lived in Virginia, I was a mere Cub Scout. I think the next was Wolf Scout(?) and I was supposed to be in that next but being in a military family we moved and I didn't rejoin. I was like 6 or 7. I wish I had stayed in though.

Cinesra said:
Did you just join Scouts? I've never heard of a 13 year old still being a Tenderfoot with only 3 merit badges.
*points to self*

It was kinda weird being in the new-boys patrol, seeing as all of them had just crossed over from Webelos 2 and I was a full two years older than they were. But on the plus side, that patrol, as well as the parents of those boys, were a tight-knit bunch, so I eased in pretty well.

I hit Eagle about 2 months before I turned 18 (I took an 18-month hiatus soon after I got a life Life rank because I got disenchanted with everything - I hated being a teenager), and I have to say all the people and awesome experiences I met and had in those 5 years were worth it.

I'm 22 now and my brother, now 17, is looking through my old Eagle Project notebook for his own Eagle Project as well. Keeping that thing around was probably one of the best things I've done. I think it's the only thing I still remember very clearly from Boy Scouts, even all these years later.

And is it weird that I got Life rank on June 6th, 2006?

SheNinja said:
DNA's an Eagle Scout?

Ummm okay how did I never here about this.

It's something I put near the top of my bio.

Bolded the merit badges ive already earned

Just got 11 blue cards from my scoutmaster so I will be working hard on some MB's.

Summer camp will be funzies.

I joined the Cub Scouts when I was about 6 and stayed on up until I was 14. I didn't really get far in the actual Boy Scouts, I got Tenderfoot and was almost to Second Class, but then I got bored and quit.

I notice people actually stick around in Boy Scouts if they actually like the people there. If they don't have friends there, or if the stuff like camping or whatever doesn't come naturally, they get disenchanted.
...I can't blame them, honestly. A lot of the stuff part of the "Scouting experience" isn't innately fun...mostly because it isn't supposed to be; it's supposed to teach life skills. But if it's not enjoyable, it won't stick.

Eagle Scout here. As some advice, make sure to get the Citizenship merit badges done before any other ones. They are eagle required, and are the most boring merit badges there are.

Also, if you want to do some merit badges that take no time at all, do Fingerprinting and Collecting. They are the easiest ones.

My brother is an Eagle Scout and I'm first class. Got me 10 merit badge and almost done with a bunch more. :D

Art is a competition in my Troop. We all would sit together and race to be the first one done :p

The Troop record is 21 minutes :D

Wait Nigel I thought you were 14 years old lol.

My summer camp merit badges this year will be Rifle Shooting, Environmental Science, Camping, and Lifesaving, while hopefully finishing my Sculpture partial.

Nigel I already almost have those Citizenship merit badges done ^_^

Back