Boundaries Crossed Pre-Release Costs Went Up?

Ours is still 25.
trolololol
That sucks for you, especially since this is such a crappy set. I hope I have a job by the time the PR prices go up around here, because I don't think my parents will want to pay for it then.

It doesn't matter where you live at this point, if prereleases are 30+ dollars, they are a terrible use of money. It's very unlikely you'll come anywhere close to breaking even out of 8 packs anyways. Stop throwing your money away, and order the cards you need online. If attendance levels drop after they raise the price, they'll likely lower the cost. TPCI will do whatever they can to milk their player base for every dime. Don't put up with it.

Vulpix Yolk said:
It doesn't matter where you live at this point, if prereleases are 30+ dollars, they are a terrible use of money. It's very unlikely you'll come anywhere close to breaking even out of 8 packs anyways. Stop throwing your money away, and order the cards you need online. If attendance levels drop after they raise the price, they'll likely lower the cost. TPCI will do whatever they can to milk their player base for every dime. Don't put up with it.

Someone, somewhere, will always be buying packs. People don't necessarily go to pre releases to flip their packs for some return, but I'll admit a lot of the older player base seems to do this from what I've seen in local pre releases. (Including myself)

I don't keep it up with all the news, but recent increase in junior prize support (and loss of Masters support) suggests they're trying to attract younger players by giving out more desireable prizes. As a marketing approach this makes the most sense for increasing profit since kids LOVE to open packs, and most parents are very willing to buy their kids a few packs a week. As a parent, they may be more willing to spend money on the game for their child to be competitive once they see the kind of prize support is being awarded.

For the older player base, (masters) it is much more likely that they will be spending their own money, rather than their parent's. The most significant thing I see for a loss of prize support is the secondary market. As VulpixYolk mentioned, it is smarter to buy specific cards you need for a deck, rather than buying dozens of packs in hopes of pulling a certain card. The older players have credit cards, or some sort of electronic funds which can be spent on sites such as eBay, PokeBeach, Pokegym.. The Pokemon Company isn't making money from secondary markets such as the mentioned above. They make money from their boosters, blisters, tins, and other products that are distributed to eligible vendors.

In short, people will still attend PRs, and drop $30. As far as not putting up with it, it's easier for the older player base to skip the PRs and pre order cards, while the target market, (kids and parents) is spending plenty of money on PRs, packs and blisters.

For the ones complaining, deal with it. They're running a business, and this constantly changing hobby can get expensive.. Like other's have mentioned, they're paying $7 PER PACK!!

Unlike a lot of people I don't mind supporting TPCi, however I only get packs from PRs and at the League I go to; and the money that I buy packs at League with goes straight to helping them continue to have it. (since they buy their boxes straight from TPCi) The only time I do buy packs in stores is when I want a Blister Pack, a tin, ect.

The only reason I don't purchase singles a lot is because I don't have a PayPal account or a checking account, so I have to wait until my mom gets money in her account so I can pay her back.

Besides that, it is my money and I can spend it however I want. (I mean this in the least rude way possible)

Well, you're still getting a deal even if the cost goes up to $30...
Am I the only one here who remembers when prereleases costed $20?

cf11 said:
What ar you guys complaining about here in Canada packs have always been $5.19 to $6 and prereleases have always been $35 Canadian dollars. Compare that to the U.S.A and we are getting the short end of the stick when you factor in that the Canadian dollar and American dollar are exchanging at the same rate feel lucky you do not have to pay this much.

Yeah, for Arceus' sake. The lowest cost I've seen up here is $4.92 at Walmart, and even then, we have to pay sales tax on the subtotal (12% in BC). So just quit your complaining, and give some consideration to your Canadian PokeFriends who have been paying $5+ for years!

Back