Boundaries Crossed Pre-Release Costs Went Up?

xGallade

Galladite
So I attended my local Dragons Exalted Pre-Release months ago and the cost to attend was $25.00. Now for this upcoming Boundaries Crossed Pre-Release, it now costs $30.00. Any reason why? The same old 6 Booster Packs before and 2 more after the event still applies. Is it because this set is anticipated to be much better than previous sets or what?

Anyone else experiencing this?

ChiefLittleFish

Given Up on Collecting the TCG
Puff said:
Yeah, I noticed that too. It could have to do with the recent rise in pack price.

Wait, we had a price increase? (in packs, I noticed the PRs cost going up). The only thing I noticed was lack of new products (I just found ONE Dragon Vault blister yesterday, and the first blister total in lik 1/2 year).

Ursus

Aspiring Trainer
ashtavakra said:
Bob The Magical Penguin said:
No wonder I didn't notice. Plus, my parents fund this hobby of mine, so...

sooo... it's time to get a job...

Why are you always so negative and condescending? Chances are he's not old enough to work- there are a lot of younger people who play this game, too.

Anyway, my TO kept our cost to $25.

ChiefLittleFish

Given Up on Collecting the TCG
Ursus said:
Why are you always so negative and condescending? Chances are he's not old enough to work- there are a lot of younger people who play this game, too.

Well, I'm 14, and really busy with my life. If I could get a job, I would, especially if my parents still funded this. :D

ForeignDude

Aspiring Trainer
I lost the quote but one of our league professors told us that the costs had increased a few sets ago but they were eating the costs instead of us until now.

Alaska

formerly princemeat skarmheart
lol at upping the prerelease cost after cutting all the playables and putting in more ultra rares to make pull rate less
I think I'm going to send a very heated letter to PTCGI soon.

Bo$$_89

Two Posts a Day Kept the Trolls Away
My TO told us in an email:
"Please note that the entry fee is now $30 per person, and includes a total of 8 booster packs. Pokemon is trying to keep the price of these events as low as possible, while also being affected by increased industry costs."
Which pretty much means that TPCi just wants more money while trying to be slick about it.

ForeignDude

Aspiring Trainer
Found the message we got. "Yeah, the price of boosters for us went up a few sets ago, and we had been absorbing the cost. This is the first set where it was agreed that everybody would push the event prices up to make it in line with the added cost of the boosters."

It's just bad timing that they chose this set to implement the change judging by the majority's disappointment with the set. :p

cf11

Aspiring Trainer
What ar you guys complaining about here in Canada packs have always been $5.19 to $6 and prereleases have always been $35 Canadian dollars. Compare that to the U.S.A and we are getting the short end of the stick when you factor in that the Canadian dollar and American dollar are exchanging at the same rate feel lucky you do not have to pay this much.

ForeignDude

Aspiring Trainer
cf11 said:
What ar you guys complaining about here in Canada packs have always been $5.19 to $6 and prereleases have always been $35 Canadian dollars. Compare that to the U.S.A and we are getting the short end of the stick when you factor in that the Canadian dollar and American dollar are exchanging at the same rate feel lucky you do not have to pay this much.

Oh man $35? It's been $30 for us but now $33 with the increase. I thought the price would be the same across Canada. I'm going to take a wild guess here. Ontario?

Blui

lv85 paladin
$30 for a PR? I wish, we pay_$40_no joke_40_. Sucks to be Aussie, pack are either 6 or 7 dollars and a very rare 5. Stop complaining.

Alaska

formerly princemeat skarmheart
Blui129 said:
$30 for a PR? I wish, we pay_$40_no joke_40_. Sucks to be Aussie, pack are either 6 or 7 dollars and a very rare 5. Stop complaining.

We don't really need to stop complaining. Just 'cause it sucks for you guys in Australia doesn't mean it doesn't suck for us too.
On another note, I'm way more angry about the fact that they cut all the playables for reprints and made it so that the set is now absolutely despicable than the fact that it raised by 5 bucks. Does anyone else feel the same way?

Brave Vesperia

Forum Smod
Forum Super Mod
Forum Mod
I feel like the price raise would have been justified if they didn't cut a bunch of playable stuff out of the set.

However, I do understand that they raised the price because they've pretty much been eating the extra $5 this whole time.