Booster Pack Miracles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palmer

Innovative Roleplayer
Here are the miracles that have happened to me and my friends. My very first booster pack (when I started again) had Rayquaza d (water/metal). The second after that which was a couple of days after had Kyogre*. I ended up giving them away to my bestfriend as an early Christmas gift(months back), so he can catch up in playing pokemon because he can hardly buy boosters. After all our experiences, his favorite card was Aggron Ex and the first booster pack that he bought, had it!

One night, I was making my demo trainer card with the Charizard* and it looked cool. I new I would never get it. The following day, I bought two booster packs, and I really wanted Charizard*. That's what showed up in the first I opened. The second booster pack, I thought would disappoint me but it had Gardevoir Ex!

Here's my Philisophy, tell me I'm crazy all you want:
The will on the person to get something good increases his/her chance of getting what that person wants. Or was it just a plain coincidence?

You're crazy, you got lucky. No one buys packs and thinks "Man, I really hope I pull a Torkoal for the 13th time in a row, when it would be really cool to get, oh I don't know, ANYTHING, besides Torkoal."

I got Latias * and Latios * out of 12 packs of EX Deoxys one time. That was pretty cool.

Yes it is all about luck. I have had packs where I have got the ex card of the pokemon on the front of the pack, but that is luck as well. People with good luck tend to just be in the right place at the right time when they are buying boosters.

no offense, but you're crazy... it's all about luck! some of you say that the best cards are at the back of the boxes...i bought 4 packs that were at the very back, but the best card i got was a whiscash HP! it's all about luck.

im kind of like that to. for a while it seemed that i kept on getting the worst cards from boosters and had completly given up on getting a good card ever again. then one day i was looking at my card collection and started thinking to myself "the cards of gotten are not that bad", and decided to put on a positive attitide . i started to think that if i have gotten good cards in the past then there many posibilities of getting a good card again. shortly afterwards df came out and i decided to buy boosters with a positive attitude and guess what it worked . i went to target, bought some bosters, crossed my fingers, and opened . i said to my self, " im going to get a charizard , im going to get a charizard ,im going to get a charizard ", took out the cards out of the booster slowly and carfully, then slowly moved towards the third card from the back to see what i had gotten. slowly, almost affraid of not getting a good card , i put the first card behind the last untill i got to that place where those really good cards usually appear in boosters, and then all of a sudden it appeared! one of those really good cards i had been looking towards getting for a really long time. it was a latias ex . i was kind of disapointed . the only card i really really wanted was that charizard star and i didnt get it. the next week went two the store and repeated the process and guess what , i got a Kingdra ex . again not the card i wanted but still a good card. i did this another three times and guess what happened .i got??a dragonite ex, another latias ex , and tyranitar ex . again not the cards i wanted but still some really good cards. so yeah i do think having a positive attitude as copmared to a negative attidude towards things is better, but i also think there is some luck involved too.

YeAh iM WeIRd, wHat abOUt iT

The thing about the while bottom of the box theory is that it has never been proven. I tend to find the ex cards are towards the bottom of the box but not in the packs right at the bottom. Some others say they are more towards middle. In my experience they are more towards middle. But it varies. It really is all about luck.

once i had 2 friends sleeping over the night before the DF prerelease.
We were shooting some hoops in the backyard then one(we think sometimes he gets carried away with stuff like this)got himself at a difficult place to shoot one.then he said if i get this in i am going to get a Charizard *(notice he said just get not from a pack)he gets it in and is then realy excited.then my other friend does the same and just says any *.I do it but i just say a good ex because i am not realy interested in *'s.I get it in and we go inside.the next day the 1st one gets flygon ex but no charizard * but Flygon ex.the next one gets charizard *.and suddenly someone offers char * for a flygon ex.you see what happens right?
then i pull 1st pack.no ex.and i keep going till my last pack and get a wait for it....Stupid Altaria ex i hate that card.

The day that I got Latias * (from a trade) I get Latios * from a booster that a friend got for me!

How dare you insult my evolution altaria! Though I admit that altaria ex cards are hardly the rarest and are not as good to play with as some of the others. I guess one person's "bad luck" is another person's "good luck".
I sometimes notice that if I am thinking of a certain pokemon while opening a booster then most of the time I will get it. I doubt I am psychic though... This happened when I got my celebi ex from UF and my altria ex from DF.

I also opened a booster of HP when I just started. I found a Mew Ex and thought it was a super duper really really rare card thinking, that I used to have the Ancient Mew Promo a month before in a trade. If mew was really rare, how rare could this one be? I said to myself, it even had a Holo Psychic energy along. :p

well, recently i bought a DF booster pack(Tyranitar) & when i opened it, i got a latios ex d with a jynx as well. Few days later i bought another DF booster pack(Tyranitar) & i got a tyranitar ex d together with a ledian d. Then, today i bought 2 more DF booster pack(both tyranitar & they are at the top of the other DF Booster Pack) & i got a latias ex d & a
salamence ex d....
anyway it just depends on luck though.... :p

solaries10 said:
I also opened a booster of HP when I just started. I found a Mew Ex and thought it was a super duper really really rare card thinking, that I used to have the Ancient Mew Promo a month before in a trade. If mew was really rare, how rare could this one be? I said to myself, it even had a Holo Psychic energy along. :p
i got a holo grass energy with my mew ex :)

We're one in the same Mudkip. Oh just today, my friend bought three boosters, getting only Latios Ex out of all three as the best. And coincidentially, after we said good-bye to each other, I saw my other friend and said hi. He Also bought three DF boosters, which had Rayquaza Ex d, Snorlax and Boost Energy. Our community is pretty small, I'm one of the only active people playing, cause everyone else sticks to yugioh. But I'm happy that our community is expanding with more, and more awesome Ex's and *'s.

I judged my first tournament today. It was a City Championships in El Segundo, CA. The TO gave me 9 packs and I pulled a Latios d ex, Rayquaza d ex, Tyranitar d ex, Lickitung, Arbok, and a Meganium. Call it luck or whatever you want, I pulled freak'en 3 ex's, good rares, and some nice trainers in 9 packs.

What's Up Now?

Wooooooooooooooo

PKM4 said:
I judged my first tournament today. It was a City Championships in El Segundo, CA. The TO gave me 9 packs and I pulled a Latios d ex, Rayquaza d ex, Tyranitar d ex, Lickitung, Arbok, and a Meganium. Call it luck or whatever you want, I pulled freak'en 3 ex's, good rares, and some nice trainers in 9 packs.

What's Up Now?

Wooooooooooooooo

Why you gotta brag -_-

Anyways, prepare for tomorrow, as I'll have plenty more EX's coming in. ;)

I had some coins in my pocket and decided to go for a pack of DF. Next thing I know my eyes are greeted by Flygon Ex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back