'Blue Impact' / 'Red Flash' Japan's XY8 Sets, Next Set Block Titled 'XY: BREAK!'

VileGar just became standard again. What place is that on the background of Noctowl?
White Forest? If you look at it on a map, it is next to some water routes...and it does contain at least one gigantic tree.

I think it's safe to assume that all the backgrounds are based on three locations in Unova; Opelucid City, Black City/White Forest, and BW2's Route 4, on the way to Join Avenue.

White Forest was actually my initial thought, too... but I black Black 2 instead, so I don't actually know what White Forest looks like and Google Images didn't help much, so I didn't say anything in case White Forest doesn't actually look like that at all and I would sound dumb. :p

As a gaming nerd I can confirm one thing, that place is NOT from any known main pokemon game region. My best guess would be that it's from a pokemon ranger game, but that's unlikely as I don't remember any area having 3 bridges connecting to anywhere, especially with an area that has 2 board walks that far from the bridge.

the lack of discussion on Noctowl is disappointing. I heard it's really good friends with Vileplume. Although I see that having space issues potentially...

Well, I can whinge that we've got yet /another/ card that has effectless attacks... I'm really getting annoyed with all of this lack of creativity :/

White Forest? If you look at it on a map, it is next to some water routes...and it does contain at least one gigantic tree.

I think it's safe to assume that all the backgrounds are based on three locations in Unova; Opelucid City, Black City/White Forest, and BW2's Route 4, on the way to Join Avenue.

White Forest was actually my initial thought, too... but I black Black 2 instead, so I don't actually know what White Forest looks like and Google Images didn't help much, so I didn't say anything in case White Forest doesn't actually look like that at all and I would sound dumb. :p

As a gaming nerd I can confirm one thing, that place is NOT from any known main pokemon game region. My best guess would be that it's from a pokemon ranger game, but that's unlikely as I don't remember any area having 3 bridges connecting to anywhere, especially with an area that has 2 board walks that far from the bridge.

180px-ParallelCityBlueShock58.jpg

Some areas in this set are based off the new stadium, Parallel City.

Uh, duh, Parallel City, of course. /faceslap

Parallel City itself seems to be based off of White Forest/Black City from BW2 anyway, so that makes a lot of sense.

No way. Did they really just reprint Mr Mime? Is this format going really stale or something??

This Aromatisse is interesting! I wanna figure out how to make it work since I love inflicting confusion. I can see it being paired with Vileplume to force manual retreats and lock them into confusion with its second attack if they can't afford the retreat right away.

Guess this confirms Ralts and Kirlia for the last of the Red Flash psychic types too. No Gardevoir in this set, but it was in the last one so the consistency is nice.

Good mime, a Common too.

Does the ability specify both your and your opponents attacks? The english card probably will, just wondering if the japanese card does. In other words, does this bad boy obsolete Mountain Ring? I like to play casually and he seems like he'd be fun to throw into my deck that has Dugtrio and Zapdos.

Good mime, a Common too.

Does the ability specify both your and your opponents attacks? The english card probably will, just wondering if the japanese card does. In other words, does this bad boy obsolete Mountain Ring? I like to play casually and he seems like he'd be fun to throw into my deck that has Dugtrio and Zapdos.
I doubt the Mr Mime will effect both opponents, as it is a literal copy to the Mr Mime of PLS. This means Mountain Ring is only good for a Mr Mime effect on both sides. But, it never got used then, so I really do doubt it'll be used now.

I doubt the Mr Mime will effect both opponents, as it is a literal copy to the Mr Mime of PLS. This means Mountain Ring is only good for a Mr Mime effect on both sides. But, it never got used then, so I really do doubt it'll be used now.
No, I meant something that protects a benched pokemon from all attacks from both sides, versus something that only protects from your opponent's attacks (and not from your own).

I can't recall which card(s) had the latter, I may be misremembering altogether. Anyway, yeah I'm aware that Mr. Mime is way better than Mountain Ring since it doesn't protect your opponent. I was just wondering if it'd stop my own self-splash damage as well. Looking at the previous Mr. Mime card, it had the same wording so I'm guessing that yes it does.

Why bring Mr. Mime back to standard so soon? I really don't like this. I thought splash damage was going to have a chance to breathe. Of course people have to run Mime to get the benefit, but the option is there now. If they were going to print another way to protect the bench from damage I thought it would be better as a type specific ability, such as on a X-type Pokemon that prevented all bench damage on your X-type Pokemon.

Did they bring back Mr. Mime because they plan on releasing another Hammerhead type attack?

Back