'Blue Impact' / 'Red Flash' Japan's XY8 Sets, Next Set Block Titled 'XY: BREAK!'

I just noticed the (what I think is) M-Mewtwo Y shadow in the corner of the Marowak artwork! I love how much detail they're putting into the artworks lately! (other examples being Mantine on Vaporeon (AOR) as well as Goomy and Sliggoo being on Goodra (AOR too)) :D

I saw that too!
I just didn't really know if it was M Mewto Y or not

That Haxorus looks beautiful... Really good artwork... Not sure about the card itself... High HP, low energy cost attacks with good damage output, but the Dragon Dance thing has never been very efficient... It's easy to play around it...

160 for a single colorless on it's face is unbelievably great, much splash appeal, but when you consider you have to sit a turn doing nothing prior, and it is a stage 2 non-grass, it comes back down to earth. I don't think the dragon pulse will be a necessary attack, as you can probably clean most things with an unboosted sharp fang w/ muscle band.

Corrected Dragon Dance on Haxorus. It has rather unique wording, using the Pokemon's name in the attack like the English cards used to.

Wow, wait a minute... That is something else... If the effect stays even if Haxorus goes to bench, I think it is much more viable... You only have to use Dragon Dance once, then just keep KOing things...
I like that this works pretty much like in the actual games... For it to be perfect, it should also reduce Haxorus' retreat, maybe to 1 [C]...
With a Muscle Band, for most of the time you can just use Sharp Fang to KO all EXs... If you need to KO a Mega, you can use Dragon Pulse instead...

For it to be perfect, it should also reduce Haxorus' retreat, maybe to 1 [C]...

The Retreat cost isn't too much a problem, as playing Hydreigon-EX will allow free retreat for dragon decks anyways.

After the retranslation, this is one scary card to use for this game... if the metagame allows it to have time to use its first move without the knockout threat. But with 160 HP combined with the Assult Vest and Parallel City, this could work quite well!

Corrected Dragon Dance on Haxorus. It has rather unique wording, using the Pokemon's name in the attack like the English cards used to.
You're right.
EPIC artwork, Awesome attacks especially Dragon Dance, Low Attack cost,and common attack names. Who knows that this Pokémon is definitely a game changer.
I can't wait to use it in play.

I can't wait to see whether or not Haxorus gets any play. It's such an interesting card and has the potential to be a serious threat. But of course, this card is a stage 2, so there's no telling what that will spell for this card.

The art on this card is pretty amazing though. Definitely my favorite card art in the set so far.

First Altaria/Garchomp, then Salamence, now this? Whether or not FGP is broken won't matter anymore with this around.

The Retreat cost isn't too much a problem, as playing Hydreigon-EX will allow free retreat for dragon decks anyways.

Oh, I just said that because Dragon Dance raises Attack and Speed in the games, and reducing the retreat cost would be the TCG equivalent of raising Speed... that or reducing the attacks' cost but in this case that wouldn't be necessary...

Sorry for my ignorance, I'm just curious as I collected years ago: with these new powerful stage 2 pokémons (as this Haxorus, or the last Mamo), the introduction of Break mechanic and the presence of Megas, aren't EX cards now a bit redundant? It wouldn't be just better to simplify the game, eliminating the EX cards? Giving Break evo to the mons without mega to compensate.

Unfortunately, it seems like EXes are here to stay. In fact, it almost seems like PCL specifically didn't want people speculating they they might be gone since they announced EX products (like the combination EX/BREAK product with Aerodactyl, Mawile, and Luxray) at the same time as they announced the BREAK mechanic, back around when we first heard about XY8. There's also the matter that currently EXes are the only ways to showcase Mega Pokémon in the TCG.

The game indeed does seem to be kind of mechanic/gimmick heavy right now with BREAK Pokémon just getting dumped on top of EXes and Megas, though it does seem like ATs are gone. Perhaps PCL is waiting to see how the BREAK mechanic is received before phasing out EXes or something different entirely.

Why is Fraxure's attack more expensive then Haxourus'? I like the concept(dragon hate from a dragon:D) but, as an evolving stage 1, they could have easily left off the extra Colorless energy requirement. However, I do like the way the game seems to be shifting towards playable stage 2's and not-overpowered EX's/Megas. It isn't quite perfect, but it seems headed in the right direction.

Back