'Blue Impact' / 'Red Flash' Japan's XY8 Sets, Next Set Block Titled 'XY: BREAK!'

wow! Amazing artwork and i am happy it is in the set :)
i love the art soooooooooo much!

Last edited:
I don't think it's that bad. Milling for 1 can be useful, and its acceleration from discard is easy to feed with Scorched Earth and Fiery Torch.

I'm sure it'll get a Mega, but even if not, I think I could find use for Houndoom-EX.

Also an interesting note, despite Houndoom existing throughout the original EX (ex) era as well, this is his first EX card.

Yeah, let's discard 2 cards and help those freaking Night March decks some more... meh. But pretty awesome artwork! Waiting for the mega ;)

Yeah, let's discard 2 cards and help those freaking Night March decks some more... meh. But pretty awesome artwork! Waiting for the mega ;)
Think the point was that if the opponent drew too quickly, you can end their game even quicker. But is it worth using with an EX? Questionable.

I think it's a pretty good card, it's attacks aren't bad, and the art is beautiful. Keep in mind I don't even like houndoom
Does the purple bits hint at psychic-y elements? Thought that would be more suitable for something like Delphox.

Yea this is a terrible card, Mega Hound better be worth it if you need to put this crap in a deck for it.

You start Houndoom EX and go second, you're probably just going to attach a fire and mill for 2 (unless you Blacksmith). Why not? You could hit a Special Energy, Stadium, or Vs. Seeker. Would be a shame to hit a Supporter when your opponent was sitting on just a Vs. Seeker, but more often than not, discarding 2 cards will be to your benefit. Even against Night March, hitting a DCE would change the whole match. Yes, Houndoom EX is bad, but this is what we have to work with.

This is all assuming M Houndoom EX is released and playable.

I don't see what makes this card so terrible. 50 for 2 Fire is bad, but free acceleration from the discard makes this a pretty decent turn-1 attack, if you go second. Scorched Earth/Battle Compressor/Blacksmith will help you get the Energy on Houndoom, then you get another Energy on a benched Pokemon too.

I'm guessing this is a stepping stone to Mega Houndoom, in which case it's not too bad.

I'm very happy with the houndoom artwork, the colours and fire are just beautiful.

but holy over 160 cards?

Not collecting this set, not even going to touch it!

Think the point was that if the opponent drew too quickly, you can end their game even quicker. But is it worth using with an EX? Questionable.
That's right, this is not Houndoom-EX's business...

Also, 160+ cards? I didn't feel the lack of these super-big sets... pretty annoying, it will be full of leftover cards, as always...

I really don't like Nintendo's idea of making the regular EX's awful to decent and then making the Megas better. Its a crappy strategy, as only some Mega Pokemon are good such as Mega Rayquaza.

Now, with this set, it seems like now the artwork on regular EX's will be bad?

Seriously, all of this awful EX artwork make me want to puke.

I really don't like Nintendo's idea of making the regular EX's awful to decent and then making the Megas better. Its a crappy strategy, as only some Mega Pokemon are good such as Mega Rayquaza.

Now, with this set, it seems like now the artwork on regular EX's will be bad?

Seriously, all of this awful EX artwork make me want to puke.

Don't you like the art of Houndoom? and yeah, the idea is bad.

Back