'Blue Impact' / 'Red Flash' Japan's XY8 Sets, Next Set Block Titled 'XY: BREAK!'

They would have to keep Ex's because they can't just ditch the idea. Plus, Blue Impact and Red Flash are based around Mega Mewtwo X Ex and Mega Mewtwo Y Ex.
The can ditch the idea quite easily, just like Team Flare Gear, Lv.X, ex, Legend, Prime, and the list goes on, but you're right about how xy8 won't as there are already EX inclusions revealed.

The can ditch the idea quite easily, just like Team Flare Gear, Lv.X, ex, Legend, Prime, and the list goes on, but you're right about how xy8 won't as there are already EX inclusions revealed.

That reminds me, I wonder if the fact that they are Basic Pokemon (and thus can be searched and placed easily) is part of the reason they are so broken?

I personally think that they will keep Ex's for all the mega Pokemon
This is pretty much an impractical task. Only twenty-two (XY - Ancient Origins) of the 50 Mega Evolutions (including Primals) have been currently covered, and on the assumption that 3 individual mega evolutions are released per set, of which 5 are released each year, only 15 individual Mega Evolutions will be released each year. That means we need approximately 10 sets, or 2 years, to cover each Mega, which is a bit of an impratical task considering the Gen 7 (and possibly some type of XY sequal) would have been released by that time, either causing a new TCG era and/or new flow of Megas.

Yeah, but they're still new Pokemon to be featured. They'll get a card eventually, even if it takes a while. It's not like we ever question if all of the new non-Mega Pokemon in a Generation won't get featured in the TCG eventually.

I'm just sitting here, secretly wishing it was a Gen 1 remake (Blue Impact/Red Flash) with a new game mechanic

They seem to be increasing the amount of M-EXs what with the Mawile/Aerodactyl thing and then both Mewtwo and probably two more.

It's just finding everything a home in English sets and boxes. So much waiting.

This is pretty much an impractical task. Only twenty-two (XY - Ancient Origins) of the 50 Mega Evolutions (including Primals) have been currently covered, and on the assumption that 3 individual mega evolutions are released per set, of which 5 are released each year, only 15 individual Mega Evolutions will be released each year. That means we need approximately 10 sets, or 2 years, to cover each Mega, which is a bit of an impratical task considering the Gen 7 (and possibly some type of XY sequal) would have been released by that time, either causing a new TCG era and/or new flow of Megas.
Impratical?? Lol if you recall , the old ex era had a whopping 16 expansions in it lol so they could in theory take the xy series another 8-10 expansions if they wanted. Including , of course , any xy sequal that gets released. Now , im not saying every mega will get featured but it is definitely possible considering side products like premium collections , jap decks , boxes etc etc to feature megas that don't get released in sets.

Impratical?? Lol if you recall , the old ex era had a whopping 16 expansions in it lol so they could in theory take the xy series another 8-10 expansions if they wanted. Including , of course , any xy sequal that gets released. Now , im not saying every mega will get featured but it is definitely possible considering side products like premium collections , jap decks , boxes etc etc to feature megas that don't get released in sets.
Assuming no new Megas are released with the next main game, each Mega would be plausible, if there is constant promos (which at this rate there hasn't been). Assuming there will be, this wouldn't be plausible.
btw, my point is not the number of expansions would be weird it is the time to actually release them all.

Assuming no new Megas are released with the next main game, each Mega would be plausible, if there is constant promos (which at this rate there hasn't been). Assuming there will be, this wouldn't be plausible.
btw, my point is not the number of expansions would be weird it is the time to actually release them all.
Do keep in mind that they haven't even hinted at the next main series game. They're taking things pretty slow after a hectic Gen5 and a press to get some games on the 3DS. Gen6 has been the meta for about 1¾ of a year now, since its debut in the middle of October 2013. I'd argue that they're spacing things out just fine if they did have more MEVoes (Mega EVolutions) planned for the first Gen7 games

Wait wait wait wait wait.

Will it be an XY-Promo if it's getting new art?

Looks like Skyla might be surviving the rotation if that comes to English sets.

Wait... so will this Skyla be an XY promo? If so, I wonder how many other promos we could be getting from past sets.

Back