'Blue Impact' / 'Red Flash' Japan's XY8 Sets, Next Set Block Titled 'XY: BREAK!'

I'm wondering why the Pokemon where chosen to be displayed as gold. Maybe a nod to the logo? Eitherway, I think this poster is beautiful and about time we get another Zoroark

Yup, Break Pokemon are defenitely Lvl X's. No denying it. I'm hoping that some form of a Delphox BREAK and a Greninja BREAK release in this block.

"We still don’t know what this whole Break Evolution mechanic will be, however. Maybe Super Saiyan Pokemon? :p"

(Vespiquen! What does the Pokedex say about its Break level?)

(It's over 180!)

(What?!? Over 180?!?)

So, first mega evolution (totally not Digimon right?)
Now we have golden armor digivolution?
OH. OKAY.

Why does everyone refer to Digimon? It's literally called Warp Digivolution. Not Mega Digivolution. Yes it's a level but clearly not the reasoning behind it.

On topic though, I am really hoping these are a Lv.X kind of situation now. Anything to make Chesnaught more playable~

We still don't have enough clues XD

Well, then, what do YOU think they are going to be? Considering that they've been getting so much press attention recently, there's no way they would be as lowly as a Pokemon Tool card like a Spirit Link.

Yep, I have to admit: I'm pretty convinced this gonna be something very similar to level X's
I just hope they don't have any annoying rule of ending the turn to evolve like megas do

Why does everyone refer to Digimon? It's literally called Warp Digivolution. Not Mega Digivolution. Yes it's a level but clearly not the reasoning behind it.

Nope. It's warp evolution in Season 1 because they go from rookie straight to mega... But in season 2, Paildramon does an actual "Mega Shinka" to transform into Imperialdramon...

No one knows what break evolution is yet, I have several theories, all of which have been thrown around I'm sure in recent weeks. I just want to say this....

Make this Chestnaught a fighting Chestnaught.

All that i know is that the format is probably going to turn into an all out brawl between break decks vs ex decks!!! This is so exciting!!
Think about it though....when have we ever had two major mechanics like ex's , lvl x's eetc etc in the same set?? What if this is some sort of way to keep ex's around but still give stage 2's thier rightful place in the game like revamping the lvl x mechanic to coexist with the ex mechanic!!! Ex and break decks , ex vs break decks!!! Whoooo this is awesome i need to know now!!

All that i know is that the format is probably going to turn into an all out brawl between break decks vs ex decks!!! This is so exciting!!
Think about it though....when have we ever had two major mechanics like ex's , lvl x's eetc etc in the same set?? What if this is some sort of way to keep ex's around but still give stage 2's thier rightful place in the game like revamping the lvl x mechanic to coexist with the ex mechanic!!! Ex and break decks , ex vs break decks!!! Whoooo this is awesome i need to know now!!
I think you're jumping the gun. We still don't know exactly how significant this mechanic is (is it EX/Lv.X significant, Mega significant, Plasma significant or Team Flare significant?) and how much promotion/card effort (i.e. FAs etc) PCL or whoever will be putting into the mechanic.

IF they are implementing this new break formula into the TCG, i pray that they keep EX cards. We still haven't gone through every Mega Evolution in the TCG and it would be very stupid of the PCi to get rid of EX cards

IF they are implementing this new break formula into the TCG, i pray that they keep EX cards. We still haven't gone through every Mega Evolution in the TCG and it would be very stupid of the PCi to get rid of EX cards

They are implementing BREAK into the TCG and EX cards are still in. There is no guarantee they will make a Mega EX for every Mega Pokemon. They got close to making every legendary an EX and then opened the mechanic up to final evolution Pokemon. A year without a Pokemon game will certainly help them catch up though.

Back