'Blue Impact' / 'Red Flash' Japan's XY8 Sets, Next Set Block Titled 'XY: BREAK!'

i understand it

what it is is that brake evolutions can be placed on the bench when there is a stage 2 non break of the same pokemon

as in you have pikachu evolve to raichu then you can play break raichu next to it

I feel like when it says "you need the BREAK card, the pre-evolved Pokemon, and the Evolved Pokemon." It means you need them all in your hand (the break card being a trainer card). Then you could play down the pre-evolved pokemon, the break card, and then straight away evolve it. However i dont think that the break will make the pokemon any stronger. Potentially it might let you to add more energies or something. But if the break pokemon became more powerful, then there would again be an unfair advantage between break, and regular evolutions. Im pretty sure the break evolution is meant to be equalizing it and leveling up the playing field.

This card will obviously let you play entire lines of Pokemon in one turn, but what's the incentive? How does this differ from the grass stadium we are getting and delta evolution (other than the obvious exclusivity), that is where my intrigue lies. There must be something extra if they believe that this mechanic will be able to triumph against EX cards...

It's possible that if the only cards involved are all pokemon, they they might be the Pokemon equivalents of Yu-Gi-Oh's Beast King Barbaros, as in cards that COULD be immeditaly played, but not without suffering a nerf it would avoid if used to evolve.

Of course it could be just as likely that the pokemon are need a mix between Spirit Links and Ace Specs...

The question is, will Mega-Evolutions be involved?

Lots of interesting theories and many sound like real possibilities to me - I am getting excited to learn what it's going to be all about (and hope it's not a letdown!).

My intuition tells me that BREAK Pokemon will be very powerful level 1 and 2 Pokemon (or maybe just level 1, based on what's been revealed) that you can't evolve like regular level 1's and 2's, but require this BREAK card to play. I imagine the BREAK card will be an item card, but who knows. I would guess the BREAK part would refer to the breaking of the evolution line into a specially evolving Pokemon. Maybe even the BREAK Pokemon will be different types, but I doubt it. Of course, it can be as simple as the Delta Evolution mechanic as others have mentioned...but I tend to think it's going to be something bigger. Can't wait!

I understand it like this, ..., there is a basic pokemon, its corresponding evolution card, and... most likely a trainer, all in hand, place then you can place the evolution card into bench by playing the trainer card and discarding the basic one...,

while similar to wally, as someone states, it would more likely be an item card, so it can be used many times, and you have to have the basic in order to control the amount of card on your deck,

or it could be something like "This MONSTER can only be summoned by playing BREAK magic card while that MONSTER is on the field" (yes i used yu gi oh phrasing on purpose", being BREAK pokemon on pokemon EX level, but being quite more difficult to play, (or at least it will use important room of your deck)

IS THIS THE END OF POKEON EX???? (again)

I think it'd be cool if it's a Trainer (Item ideally) that has you discard a Basic from your hand, and then search your deck for its Stage Pokemon to be placed directly onto the bench. Not sure if that conforms to the description in the article, but maybe "needing" a Stage just means you need it in your deck. :p

I understand it like this, ..., there is a basic pokemon, its corresponding evolution card, and... most likely a trainer, all in hand, place then you can place the evolution card into bench by playing the trainer card and discarding the basic one...,

while similar to wally, as someone states, it would more likely be an item card, so it can be used many times, and you have to have the basic in order to control the amount of card on your deck,

or it could be something like "This MONSTER can only be summoned by playing BREAK magic card while that MONSTER is on the field" (yes i used yu gi oh phrasing on purpose", being BREAK pokemon on pokemon EX level, but being quite more difficult to play, (or at least it will use important room of your deck)

IS THIS THE END OF POKEON EX???? (again)

Nope , its already been confirmed by the golduck break and palkia EX deck that EX's are still going to be around.

My guess is something like this

Trainer Card: Raichu Break Evolution.

Discard Pikachu from your hand. You may place Raichu onto your bench.

Lots of interesting theories and many sound like real possibilities to me - I am getting excited to learn what it's going to be all about (and hope it's not a letdown!).

My intuition tells me that BREAK Pokemon will be very powerful level 1 and 2 Pokemon (or maybe just level 1, based on what's been revealed) that you can't evolve like regular level 1's and 2's, but require this BREAK card to play. I imagine the BREAK card will be an item card, but who knows. I would guess the BREAK part would refer to the breaking of the evolution line into a specially evolving Pokemon. Maybe even the BREAK Pokemon will be different types, but I doubt it. Of course, it can be as simple as the Delta Evolution mechanic as others have mentioned...but I tend to think it's going to be something bigger. Can't wait!

Luxray Break was confirmed, so Stage 2's are included

My guess is something like this

Trainer Card: Raichu Break Evolution.

Discard Pikachu from your hand. You may place Raichu onto your bench.
Then strictly, what's the difference between that and playing Pikachu and using Wally? Basically the same, isn't it?

Then strictly, what's the difference between that and playing Pikachu and using Wally? Basically the same, isn't it?
If BREAK worked like that you would have the chance of using another Supporter. With Wally you can't do it.

Even, you would use Break, put Raichu in Bench, discard Pikachu, use Revive and put Pikachu in your Bench, then Wally and Tadaaa!! Double Raichu.

So it wouldn't be the same.

oh ok ... but even so, wouldn't that be a little anticlimatic, considering how much attention they're giving it?

I'm guessing it is a trainer card. Why else would Trainers' Mail get reprinted gold so fast? ;)

The first way I read it gave me hope for baby Pokemon again but I guess that thing will never be a thing again ~_~;

Back