• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Blastoise "Rush"

Bisharp37

Aspiring Trainer
Okay so Here's my Blastiose deck.It's mainly just a "Rush deck" with Blastiose thrown in. The main strategy is to start off strong with an early Tornadus EX/MewTwo EX then just get Blastiose up and swarm your opponent with Mewtwo EX and Tornadus EX.

Pokemon

3 Blastoise (BC 31)
3 Squirtle (BC 29)
3 Emolga (DR 45)
3 Keldeo EX (BC 49)
3 Mewtwo EX (ND 54)
2 Keldeo (BC 47)
3 Tornadus EX (DE 108)

Total:20

Trainers

1 First Ticket (DRV 19)
1 Town Map (BC 136)
3 Rare Candy (DE 100)
3 N (NV 101)
4 Pokemon Catcher (EP 95)
3 Cheren (BC 148)
2 Skyla (BC 149)
2 Professor Juniper (DE 98)
4 Ultra Ball (DE 102)
2 Switch (BW 104)
1 Computer Search (BC 137)
Total:26

Energy

10 Water Energy (BW 107)
4 Double Colorless Energy (ND 92)

Total:14

I'm trying to find room for more Fast Ticket and possibly 1 or 2 Sky Arrow Bridge maybe more switch...I'm fine with any suggestions you guys have to make but I'm against cutting Town Map because I think It's a great card.

4 or no fast ticket. Its a dead card late game, or actually any turn after T1.
I'd cut a Tornadus EX and at least 1 Keldeo and Fast Ticket for some Retrieval and maybe a scrapper. Cuz Garbodor kills you right now.

RogueChomp said:
4 or no fast ticket. Its a dead card late game, or actually any turn after T1.
I'd cut a Tornadus EX and at least 1 Keldeo and Fast Ticket for some Retrieval and maybe a scrapper. Cuz Garbodor kills you right now.

I tried out your suggestions.I cut Tornadus EX,Regular Keldeo and Fast Ticket and added in recovery in the form of Super rod. However I don't see why I need scrapper.I think Mewtwo deals pretty well with Garbodor. Instead I added in a single copy of Aspertia City Gym(To help out Tornadus). I chose Aspertia over Skyarrow Bridge because I would prefer paying an extra energy over helping my opponent.

Changes:

- 1 Tornadus EX
- 1 Keldeo
- 1 Fast Ticket

+ 2 Super Rod
+ 1 Aspertia City Gym.

Some thoughts/comments:

First of all - nice deck concept! I especially like the versatility of attack options.

-3 Cheren,
+3 Bianca. You currently run 5 cards (Ultra Ball and Computer Search) that depletes cards from hand. From my experience, I've found Bianca is better at replenishing my hand vs. Cheren when playing Trainers like UBs and CS.

-2 Switch,
+2 Super Scoop Up. The Keldeo EXs will help provide some switching via its Ability. It can get your wounded active Poké back onto your bench, but not out of harm's way - your wounded Poké could be Catchered and possibly KOd later. The SSUs however provide possible healing (based on the heads coin flip) and the fantastic ability to Deluge all that recovered energy back onto one of your Poké! IMHO, the rewards here outweigh the risks!

-1 Aspertia City Gym,
-1 Pokémon Catcher,
+2 Professor Juniper (or +1 Bianca and +1 PJ). In keeping with your "rush" strategy, I believe you need more card draw than just the 9 cards you have listed. By t2 (t3 at the latest), you are hopefully setup, and KOing opponent's Poké!

I'd also suggest you keep the 3rd Tornadus EX; it's that good as a starting attacker, IMHO! Should you decide to do so; then also consider making room for the Aspertia City Gym. (-2 Super Rod perhaps? Recovery perhaps is not integral to the "rush" strategy.)

Hope these comments help.

Back