• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Blastoise for BR (Masters)

Suraako

Elemental Master
Hey all,

I don't want to run what everyone else is running, and Blastoise looked like a fun deck, so I made a deck list and it was fun ^_^

POKEMON (22)
---------
3-2-3 Blastoise (UL)
2-2-2 Feraligatr Prime (HS)
1-1 Floatzel GL Lv.X
2 Uxie (LA)
4 Spiritomb (AR)

TRAINERS (23)
---------
3 Bebe's Search
2 Professor Oak's New Theory
2 Judge
2 Interviewer's Questions
1 Cynthia's Feelings
2 Pokemon Collector
2 Palmer's Contribution
1 Dawn Stadium
2 Broken Time-Space
1 Luxury Ball
2 Pokemon Communication
3 Rare Candy

ENERGY (15)

1 Rainbow Energy
1 Call Energy
1 Double Colorless Energy
12 Water Energy

Strategy: Hopefully start with Spiritomb and a Collector and get a Feraligatr and Blastoise out quickly. Get 4 Energy on Blastoise (Rain Dance either 4 Waters or 2 Water and a DCE), and start blasting (lol punny) away for 100 damage each turn.

So I haven't playtested it too much, but it's done well so far against some random decks. I'm debating whether or not to keep Floatzel, but the opportunity for a super quick one-turn bounce back is so nice. :) I'm also considering trying to fit in a Bronzong line for energy retrieval instead of Interviewer's, since I tend to only net about 2 energy from Interviewers anyway. I also need to fit in some Switch/Warp Point/Warp Energy somehow to deal with when Feraligatr gets pulled up and I want to bring him back without discarding 3 energy (how about a Flygon line for the lulz? :p). I also feel like I should throw in Crobat Gs or a Kingdra Prime for dealing with Gengar, or a Toxicroak-Skuntank G combo for dealing with both Gengar and Machamp. As long as I can last long enough to get Blastoise, Feraligatr, and the appropriate energy out (which Spiritomb helps to do), I should be able to turn the tide against SPs late game.

Please feel free to leave any constructive criticisms, improvements, or words of wisdom for my deck. Thanks!

My little brother runs this deck, keep the floatzel x its what makes this deck nasty. The flygon slows everything down your already running 2 stage 2's and a level x. The spiritomb is a nice starter.

You need an azelf tho in case floatzel is in your prizes.
Oh and -1 poke comm +1 premier ball or level max

I used to run this deck when Claydol was around, and it was slow enough (compared to meta) with that, so don't add any more lines. I would remove the Dawn Stadium and put in another BTS though.

I run a deck similar, so here's what I'd do:

-1 Croconaw (Rare Candy says hi)
-1 Spiritomb (4 is dead draw)
-1 Cynthia's Feelings (???)
-1 Dawn Stadium (BTS)
-1 Rainbow Energy (??? Everything you run uses water, and you should not be using Spiritomb to attack other than Darkness Grace)

+2 Warp Point
+1 DCE
+1 BTS
+1 Azelf

You should try to fit in Toxicroak G (Promo) for Lightning matchups and put in 2 Psychic energy, otherwise, your list looks fine.

Thanks a bunch for the quick responses! I really appreciate it! ^_^

@mosherstomper - You're right, Flygon would definitely slow it down, which is why I'm stuck as to how to effectively retreat my Pokemon. I wish Mantine MT was still around :/ I'm hesitant to put in a Premier/Lv. Max because Floatzel is merely a bonus. My main focus is to get Feraligatr and Blastoise out. Afterwards, I can try to get Floatzel out, but it's not a priority to me.

@DarkPkmnTrainer - Dawn Stadium is really handy for when Blaziken FB Luring Flames my Feraligatr. They expect that they shut me down, but much to their chagrin I plop down a Dawn Stadium and attach a Water Energy and voila, I can use Rain Dance again. :) It also helps Blastoise tank since I'm healing 20 damage every turn. If I can find a good consistent way to save Feraligatr in those cases when it's stuck active, then I would definitely swap out Dawn for a BTS.

@Decmaster - I think I had a Rainbow in there for the Relicanth tech I eventually took out :p I like all of your suggestions, and I think I will definitely try it out. The Toxicroak idea is genius. I always forget about him.

Toxicroak helps with this a little, but can you think of a good way to counter Gengar? I was thinking that Dawn Stadium + Skuntank G would be an easy tech, since I can play Dawn Stadium, poison Blastoise and Gengar with Skuntank, heal Blastoise with Water Energy, and Hydro Launcher Gengar for 100 so that the poison takes care of him between turns. Whaddya think?

Maybe add a free retreat cost Pokemon and Switch/Warp Point to use twice in a row Double Launcher. Add some Fisherman for energy recovery, taking out Cynthia's Feelings. I like more Dawn Stadium than BTS since running Spiritombs.

I plan on adding some Warps/Switches by going off of Decmaster's suggestion. I love Fisherman, but I'm hoping to not have too many Energy in my discard, and if I do I'm hoping Palmer's will come in handy there. Still, Fisherman puts them in my hand instead of my deck, so that could be an option... And you're right, I didn't run more BTS precisely for that reason; Spiritomb helps me evolve my Pokemon much faster.

I really want to test the Skuntank G idea. I feel like it would help my odds in non-SP matchups by adding more damage to my attacks. For SPs, I was thinking about putting Relicanth back in, but I don't want to go overboard with techs. My theory is that as long as I can get set up, I can outlast an SP deck.

I made a few adjustments to this deck for Battle Roads and easily beat a Luxchomp deck and a DialgaChomp deck. Like you said, Wish Maker, all I had to do was KO Luxray/Dialga before they leveled up. Every time they plopped down a Garchomp C/Luxray GL/Dialga G, I just sniped it and lol'd. Spiritomb helps out immensely vs SPs, and Floatzel + BTS + Rain Dance means you bounce back the very next turn! It was loads of fun. The one match I lost (against an interesting Abomasnow/Masquerain/Zangoose deck) was because I couldn't get any draw power. Both Uxies were prized and I couldn't draw into any Supporters! >_< But otherwise, this deck was so much fun to play. I have yet to face a VileGar deck, though.

And although Floatzel UL is definitely quicker than Feraligatr, having an unsprayable power that can be used to attach as many Water Energy as I want is definitely worth the effort. I played an SP deck with this that tried to Power Spray Rain Dance. I lol'd and Rain Danced again. If it was Floatzel, I would have been out of the extra energy attachment for the turn and that could cost you the game in this deck. Still, I haven't really given Floatzel UL a chance, so I'll give it a shot and let you know how it goes.

Back