• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Blastigatr + Kyurem; Spread water and snipe

LugiAndreas

Aspiring Trainer
{W}{W}{W}{W}{W}{W}{W}{W}{W}{W}{W}{W}{W}{W}{W}{W}{W}{W}{W}{W}{W}{W}{W}{W}{W}{W}{W}{W}{W}{W}{W}{W}{W}{W}{W}{W}{W}{W}{W}{W}{W}{W}{W}{W}{W}{W}{W}{W}{W}{W}{W}

Get the best of spreading and sniping with using Blastoise and Kyurem;

2-1-2 Feraligatr
3-2-3 Blastoise
4 Kyurem
4 Mantine

2 Professor Oak's New Theory
3 Pokémon Collector
3 Interviewer's Questions
1 Flower Shop Lady
2 Twins

4 Pokémon Communication
3 Switch
3 Rare Candy
3 Super Scoop Up

4 Double Colorless Energy
11 Water Energy

I think this idea is pretty clear. Mantine is the best starter to get some waterpokémon out of my deck. If I have to start with Kyurem I can stall with its 130 HP (and pretty nice weakness) and maybe get a chance to start spreading with its 2nd attack.
Meanwhile I'll try to build up a Gatr and Blastoise. Gatr for its power and Blastoise to snipe. Kyurem is still there to spread if possible and necessary, thanks to the spread Gatr is also useful as an attacker.

Twins is there if Mantine gets KO'ed fast, Switch because of the heavy retreat costs.

I think it all makes sense but I think there's something missing... Does anyone have suggestions? POST IT! :)

RE: Spread water and snipe

This deck will be very clunky. Drop the entire Blastoise line for more T/S/S and an extra Feral Prime line. and take out 2 mantine for 2 cleffa/manaphy

I prefer 1 starter above 2, so it would be OR Mantine OR Manaphy. Cleffa sucks IMO. I prefer Mantine above Manaphy because it can search the pokémon I want, Manaphy only refreshes my hand. Kyurem can also start and when damaged it can hit hard with its first attack when I attach a DCE.
But tell me, what T/S/S are you missing?

Manaphy would be better. Or better yet: Cleffa.
Drop Feraligatr for Floatzel.

Blastzel will be made superior with Kyurem ;) extra 30 to everything, for Blastoise to snipe. It'll allow him to OHKO a lot of stuff late game.

You run Kyurem but not Super Rod? :p You don't need FSL anymore.
mayhaps 2 Kyurem and 3 Mantine.
So you can max Blastoise, and run 3-3 Floatzel.
Replace the SSU with Junk Arms maybe. To re use Switch, Super Rod and what not.
Drop an IQ for another Pokemon Collector. May be useless after a few turns, but you use the spare for Junk Arms.

Ummmm... FAIL!!! (Talking about deepcrows post)

Now let me ask you a few questions... why would you set up a stage 1 and a stage 2 to get energy to kyurem instead of just 1 stage 2?

Why wouldnt you take advantage of the spread to boost feraligators attack; Hydro crunch?

Blastoise is to fragile as he can be knocked out by zekrom and reshiram with 1 plus power. While feraligator requires two plus powers.

Mantine or manaphy all the way. Cleffa stays asleep far too often..

Ok now for changes to the decklist..
Drop the blastoise line, all of it. 3-2-3 (For reasons above)
drop all of the IQ not needed, trust me.
Drop 4 dce not needed anymore because of blastoise being gone.
Drop 3 SSu... why is this in here?
Drop the flower shop girl.. night maintence anyone? :D (Now you have 19 spaces free)

+2-1-2 feraligator
+2 ponts
+3 juniper (I run four but at least run 3 you need alot more draw power then you currently have! dont you always have a low hand?)
+2 super rod
+1 water energy
+2 rescue energy
+1 rare candy

Now you have 3 spots left to do w/e with...

I think you missed the point of his deck, sir.
He wants to spread damage, right?
What works best in a spread deck? Sniping.
T2, Kyurem 30 to everything.
Reshiram on the bench? One shot with blastoise. Zekrom? One shot with blastoise.
Have enough room for 2 Kyurems spread attack, Blastoise will one hit everything.
And if you run 4-2-4 and SuperRod and whatnot, you will not falter.
And as you can see, Feraligatr is merely there as a tech. And Floatzel is much better suited.

Anyways, everyone has their preferences. I prefer Cleffa. He may prefer manaphy or mantine, that's his choice, not ours.
They are all good starters.

And to answer your questions:

"Thread: Spread Water and Snipe"
He wants to spread damage, then snipe everything to win 6 turns after a Kyurem attack.
Feraligatr is good by all means, but if he wants to use Blastoise (Which he does, since this is a snipe deck too) then Floatzel is better suited. Stage 1, easier to set up, he can have a Blastoise ready by Turn 2. And besides, adding an extra 30 damage for Feraligatr's attack isn't exactly worth it(90 to active for 4 energies? Weak). Adding an extra 30 to a Pokemon that can snipe for 100. Much better.
And y'know, Blastoise's ability:

As often as you like during your turn, you may move a water energy attached to one of your benched Pokemon, to your active Pokemon."
3 energies on Kyurem? Switch and moved to Blastoise. A lot more bang for your buck.

Pokemon: 22

4-2-4 Blastoise
3-3 Floatzel
2 Manaphy
2 Kyurem
1-1 Zoraork

T/S/S: 24

4 Collector
4 PONT
2 Twins
4 Communication
3 Rare Candy
2 Switch
2 Junk Arm
3 Super Rod

Energy: 14

10 Water
4 DCE

Shazam.

RE: Spread water and snipe (Needs main Pokemon from deck in title)

Gl, getting 2 floatzel and blastoise out turn 2 most likely you will still have mantine as your active our kyurem with 2 energy.

RE: Spread water and snipe (Needs main Pokemon from deck in title)

I agree with the t/s/s so I will make some changes soon.
I think it won't be so hard and necessary to get 2 stage 2's in play. Feraligatr has priority, after that I can get a Blastoise in play who can finish the game for me after Kyurem did his job. I think there is a good synergy between these 3 because of the variety of attacks, weaknesses and powers. Does anyone agree with me?

I will change the t/s/s-lines ASAP.

**UPDATE**

3-3 Floatzel
3-2-3 Blastoise
3 Kyurem
4 Mantine

4 Professor Oak's New Theory
4 Pokémon Collector
2 Twins

4 Pokémon Communication
2 Switch
3 Rare Candy
3 Super Rod
2 Junk Arm

4 Double Colorless Energy
11 Water Energy

I see the purpose of Floatzel here and also his benifits. I think it's good for consistancy and speed. Any comment on this list above? The T/S/S are quiet the same as Deepcr0w suggested, i still prefer Mantine above any other starter in the format.

There's no need for such an electric weak poke l ike blastoise. It would just be giving opponents advantage since electric types are so much more common in decks than yanmega will be post-catcher. Same thing with mantine as starter. Zekrom variants surely get more common with eviolite and catcher. Cleffa is and always will be the best starter, mantine anyways just brings one pokemon for one energy. good starters shouldn't have energy cost.

I really dislike Mantine as a starter for water decks. I usually recommend having in delibird. draw through your deck with delibird with snowy present. and before it dies, drop another energy and do a small 10 to everything spread. I would swap out 2 water energy for 2 rescue energy. sure, Machamp prime can knock it away, and so can lost remover, but those cards don't see much play. it all depends on what your metagame looks like in your area.

Zhaituki said:
There's no need for such an electric weak poke l ike blastoise. It would just be giving opponents advantage since electric types are so much more common in decks than yanmega will be post-catcher. Same thing with mantine as starter. Zekrom variants surely get more common with eviolite and catcher. Cleffa is and always will be the best starter, mantine anyways just brings one pokemon for one energy. good starters shouldn't have energy cost.

Mantine is an amazing starter, and do you know how many matches you can lose that you should have won simply because you flipped wrong with cleffa. Cleffa's horrible hp leaves is so open to sniping it isn't funny. And, I think it'll be even worse as, with catcher and eviolite, kyurem may be used often, and cleffa (or any other baby) is a free prize at that point. As a starter, Mantine is the way to go. Mantine raised your speed a ton, has good health, and for an extra energy can KO weak enemies (babies anyone?)

It's pretty clear; Mantine is IN! Cleffa is to risky; DONK! Mantine has 80 HP and can get me some useful guys from the deck.

@Zhaituki About the weakness; I think meta here is Typhlosion, Donphan/Machamp and Vileplume-variants. I think Blastoise has potential in this deck to outshine all these decks.

So I will stay with Blastoise and Kyurem, in the meantime I changed Gatr for Floatzel. Are there any further comments on my T/S/S-lines? Any other suggestions?

I think Gatr beats Blastoise in this deck because gatr helps kyurem get set up much faster, without it kyurem takes 3 turns to even start glaciating, and that's not very good.

Dark Void said:
I think Gatr beats Blastoise in this deck because gatr helps kyurem get set up much faster, without it kyurem takes 3 turns to even start glaciating, and that's not very good.

I better start with Mantine to set up Blastoise and Floatzel, when I lose Mantine I can use Twins to take 2 cards from my deck and from that moment I start spreading with Kyurem or sniping with Blastoise.
It is possible to start with Kyurem, with it's nice HP and uncommon weakness it can stand a while. If that happens, I should start adding a DCE to outrage with Kyurem. Maybe I should bring Kyurem back to 2?

Kyurem shouldn't be a main priority.
Snipe with Blastoise, switch then wash out to Kyurem, to try n' get 2 or 3 prizes. ;)

deepcr0w said:
Kyurem shouldn't be a main priority.
Snipe with Blastoise, switch then wash out to Kyurem, to try n' get 2 or 3 prizes. ;)

I agree. Bring Kyurem back to 2? What card to fill the empty spot?

Yeah, if you're running Mantine, you could get away with 3, and 2 Kyurem, so that's 2 free slots.
For max PONT or whatnot. Copycat is also nice. (Especially against Fire decks)

Back