BW/BW2 Black/White US release theory

superfoof

Has had 5 Nintendo DS systems
Here's my guess on the release date of Black/White.......February, why? I'll tell you.

1. 3ds comes out in March, why release a massive ds game right next to the 3ds? it will take away each others sales, examples. Kid dosen't think ds games are 3ds compatible, kid wants an actual 3ds game with his/her 3ds, kid is saving up for 3ds, kid dosen't have enough money, Mario 3ds.

2. There are about 15 episodes of the anime left, it'll end around February, meaning Best Wishes will start shortly after. Put it together

Going by your first point...

Do you really think a 1-month difference will have that much of a difference for kids? Assuming they were already planning on saving up money for the 3DS, that would already mean they still won't buy BW on Feb as that would exhaust their 3DS budget leaving them unable to get the 3DS in March

As for anime airdate, you're assuming completely uninterrupted schedules. That may not be the case. For instance DP177 and DP178 were aired 2 weeks apart. The last episode of AG was also not immediately followed by the first episode of DP (it seems the airing of DP001 was forcibly pushed back just so that it would coincide with the April release of DP)

Ill still suport pokemon.
But i think itd die a little to the 3DS.
Really, we have games like mario kart 3D, kingdom hearts, nintendogs, and oldies likr Legend of Zelda. Did i mention this is all 3D without glasses?
Hope they added features for a 3DS on BW.
Makes a lot of since.

It does seem like a very awkward situation....unfortunately I'd imagine they'd push it back to April if they were moving it away from the 3ds rather than bring it out earlier. :/

Japanese release date for HG and SS: Sunday 12 September 2009. Black and White Sunday 18th September 2010 a difference of 6 days. or 371 days if you wanna add the year difference to the equation.

By that working you get:

U.S. release for HG and SS: Sunday 14 March 2010 + 6 = Black and White: Sunday 20 March 2011.
European release for HG and SS: Friday 26th March 2010 +6 = Black and White Friday 1 April 2011.

That's just my theorizing, there's obviously other determining factors but I think they'll be released around these times

I'd hope it'd be in February, so I'd get it for my birthday, but I don't know. They may just select a random date.

^^I think it will be released around March 20, too. Just for the sames reasons you listed. If not March 20, then March 27. That's my prediction.

@Chiraami
Are you talking to me? Either way the release date for England (As far as i know) is the same as the European release date, it was for HG and SS anyway.

i think the Games will come out on March 6th or 13th considering they are keeping the tradition of releasing Games before the Past Games Year Anniversary. Sinnoh League Victors Should be ending in January. plus Pokemon Games usually come out before the next Game System. the 3DS is already set to come out in March. Pokemon Platinum was released in the US before the DSi, Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver was released before the DSi XL. so it would only make sense if Pokemon Black and White come out before the 3DS. the only exception was Europe, in which everything listed above was released in Europe vice versa.(DSi, then Platinum, DSi XL before HGSS). Europe and maybe Australia might be the only Countries that might get the 3DS before BW. a thought just occured to me. does anyone remember when the Darkrai Movie aired just a few days after the final episodes of season 10 aired?

it sort of depends if our February set is a BW set, if we start getting BW Cards in February, then the Games will definitely be released in March. yes, Platinum and HeartGold and SoulSilver were in the Same Generation but, our first Platinum set had Giratina Orgin form which was released as a Card before the Game came out that it stared in. so we could definitely get our first BW Set in February. Especially since we don't have anymore Prime or Legends to get. so unless TPCi Printed English Exclusive Primes and/or Legends which is unlikely, a filler set for February would'nt get that many sales. i know they Printed English Exclusive Cards before but its unlikely that they will Print English Exclusive Primes and/or Legends and without Primes and/or Legends a filler would'nt sell a lot.

Probably Feb-May time, seeming the anime ends end of January, then a few weeks, until the BW anime premieres, anyway we will be having English stuff by the end of January.

I still wanna know when, and how we are going to get the Shiny Crown Beasts.
We should be having english Black and White stuff by December. That's when they usually reveal release dates and boxarts. Pokemon Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, and SoulSilver release dates were all revealed in December.

In the same time the movie comes out. Theyll be up for wifi wth celebi, and just in time for BW.
I think the most important aspect is whats the most stragetic. The 3DS will be either a month before or after. More importantly, all the competiton from the new 3D games. If they go early, people might still be saving up for the new system. Go to early, and everyones broke but content with the new stuff.
To bad they cant use common sense and release it during the holiday season.

I always use the anime to predict the release of future games in the states, there are only 12 episodes of D/P/Pt left, meaning that it will be released on a Sunday like always 12 weeks from now, making it January 30th, but Christmas is on a Saturday this year, giving the very likely chance that Carton Network will be showing Christmas Specials and Films instead of Pokemon in it's usuall time slot, making it February 6th, then there is the likely chance of Cartoon Network showing a marathon of one of their shows (most likely Adventure Time, since CN seems to LOVE Adventure Time) on a Saturday Morning, of course it could be a Pokemon Marathon, but it will most likely be reruns, or they could show the 13th Pokemon movie on a Saturday Morning, so, it will most likely between February 6th and March 30th, if Cartoon Network does not screw up the anime schedule (or worse, Nintendo screws up something royally on the locolization and has to spend 6 weeks trying to fix it/start the translation from scratch)....

For all we know, they're might not be any Crown Beast event at all and they decide to put Zoroark in the game from the start (I pray to God they do that, else I will get really angry, and you wouldn't like it when I'm angry)....

When I pre-ordered Black and White the person at the Gamestop store said B/W and the 3DS are being launched on the same day. Even though it's completely unconfirmable until Nintendo/TPCi says something, I'm going with that date. I can't fathom why they would release the games on the same day as a new $300 console was being released (since you would have to buy games for said console, etc.).

Seriously, B/W are not even 3DS launch titles, and even if Nintendo announces the 3DS release date in the states, it will most likely not be the same day as B/W, because B/W are for the old DS, but you will never know if Nintendo decides to convert B/W into 3DS games for the US release, even though they are not 3DS launch titles....

If I remember correctly, a few GBA games were released a short while after the DS came out. And the 3DS has backward compatability, so people can play Black/White on the 3DS. Black/White would not be converted to 3DS games for the English release.

And Nintendo can release titles whenever they want, so what's stopping them from releasing Black, White, and the 3DS on the same day?

Back