Black/White Patterns Allow Easy 'Milking' of Packs...

menoknow3

Aspiring Trainer
As I do with every set when I buy at least 1 booster case, I seek to find patterns in the way the packs are packaged along with the corresponding cards in side. For most sets, I'm able to pinpoint all packs that have anything higher than a non-holo rare in it. Only did HGSS and Unleashed in the HGSS block and those didn't work out very well. Looks like black/white is very easy to pinpoint FAs and Holos though...at least from boxes from within the same sealed case. Has anyone else noticed this? Are you surprised such patterns still exist? If I remember right, back in the 'ex' days I think all the exs within a box would be in the same pack design. Not sure about patterns and such beyond that as I wasn't buying complete cases and such back then.

Check out this video of mine to see what I mean....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azcafBZ6q7I

I saw your video, and from what I can see,

Zekrom FA is the 8th pack on the right
Reshiram FA is the 7th pack on the left

I had to pause the video like 8 times to find the #.

Was I correct with my counting?

Darkvoid57 said:
I saw your video, and from what I can see,

Zekrom FA is the 8th pack on the right
Reshiram FA is the 7th pack on the left

I had to pause the video like 8 times to find the #.

Was I correct with my counting?

The pack # varies as they packs are always in the same order (at least within a sealed case) but may have a different starting point. There are of course 4 pack designs. Say A, B, C, D. They repeat in order but at some point on each side of the box, there is a 4-pack 'reset' in which 2 of the pack designs repeat...like A-C-A-C. When I 'cut' the stack of packs I am doing so in order to make the 'reset' the first 4 packs. In my boxes/case, doing so made the FAs the last pack on each side. However, this varies from case to case. So if you did the same with a random box, you may whiff. However, for my black/white boxes, the left side mirrors the right side as far as holo and FA location goes. So, for example, if the left side has holos in packs 2, 4, 7, etc...the right side would also have holos in packs 2, 4, 7, etc...again...this is once you 'equalize' both sides by 'cutting' to make the 'reset' the first 4 packs. Kind of hard to explain :p

Weird.

Next time I open from a freshly opened box, Ill go for the 8th pack anyways :p

Pretty cool and kinda complicated.

Darkvoid57 said:
Weird.

Next time I open from a freshly opened box, Ill go for the 8th pack anyways :p

Pretty cool and kinda complicated.

It can be. I like analytic thinking and problem solving so I get some extra fun from opening packs/boxes while trying to find the pattern/code/sequence :)

That was so amazing man. I want to know how to do this, I understand how it would be hard to explain though. Still, excellent job bro.

Wait, so let me get this straight..

There are 4 pack designs, but since there are only 18 packs in one stack, the order would have an earlier cycle and that's where the FA is?

This is why I don't buy sealed packs online from any source.

In 'random lv x/ex/prime/shiny lot' you will never, ever get luxray X. There is no way. They will put all the lluxray x up for sale, and put all the dud 'ultra rares' in that lot.

They could in theory open packs until they get the two full arts and maybe holos, then sell the not-good packs as a lot of 24 packs. (notice how they sell exalcerated booster lots (i.e 24 packs not in a sealed box))?

Am I wrong? Probably. Would I take that risk? No.

Jahikoi said:
This is why I don't buy sealed packs online from any source.

In 'random lv x/ex/prime/shiny lot' you will never, ever get luxray X. There is no way. They will put all the lluxray x up for sale, and put all the dud 'ultra rares' in that lot.

They could in theory open packs until they get the two full arts and maybe holos, then sell the not-good packs as a lot of 24 packs. (notice how they sell exalcerated booster lots (i.e 24 packs not in a sealed box))?

Am I wrong? Probably. Would I take that risk? No.

Yea...buying loose packs for pretty much any card game is always a risk. Some have patterns like I found here. Some can be weighted to find the best cards. etc etc. I have some repeat customers that come to be for loose packs that they sell at trade shows and such. They know they are getting all 'dud' packs and get a better price because of it (I usually sell dud packs for $1.75-2.00 each).

At least to the best of my knowledge/ability, there is no way to pinpoint the best reverse holos or any specific card (except for the FAs in B/W in this case). So could still get Cinccino in regular or reverse or juniper or reverse ability emboar, etc etc. But obviously a much lower probability of getting anything worthwhile if the packs are 'milked'

I kind of followed it but am still lost slightly.
Seems quite cool though and I'll have to look into it a bit more before I start buying heaps of cards :)

I really didn't pay attention to pattern, but here is my box opening. If anyone wants to figure out the pattern.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU8nqC7cwQc[/video]

I also did this box opening.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3u8Ly12ry0[/video]

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuCWJKwC_Qw[/video]

Wow, didn't know you were on here, bigjohnmedia. Welcome! Anyway, I'm not sure about BW, but in Undaunted, the back right was a Legend, as far as I remember.

the aura is with me8 said:
Would this work on a HGSS box?

To an extent. I got a case of HGSS and also Undaunted when each were released. There were like 3 patterns within the boxes/case mixed together. So it was a headache. Found patterns at times and other parts of boxes were random it seems. Ended up with only about 50 packs leftover after getting all the expected primes/legends (216 packs in a case)

the only way this would work is if you bought sealed cases
that excludes 99% of players

P0KEVORTEX said:
Wow, didn't know you were on here, bigjohnmedia. Welcome! Anyway, I'm not sure about BW, but in Undaunted, the back right was a Legend, as far as I remember.

yeah its me.

Also I thought I remember someone looking for a code under the box. not sure if it was the sku or what but they associated the sku with a specific pattern.

Ok, watching BigJohn's video, I can see that menoknow's pattern does indeed work, but what I can't figure out is where to make the split.

If you cut a stack at the reset, you'll be at a different spot in the pattern each time.

Still, this is kind of fun. I'm going to watch a few more openings to see if I can nail the pattern exactly :)

Back