Black Friday

Inigo Montoya

Hatman/Imakuni?/Not Not-TDL
Well, we're hours away from Black Friday and no discussion has really been made. Where are you going and what stores do you think have the best deals? The thread can also be utilized to find the best prices for things. If you're having problems finding a discount, ask away!

I guess I can start by saying I went to Old Navy earlier today (since they started their Black Friday sale early) and got a bunch of jeans, long sleeve shirts and sweatshirts. I'm going out somewhere at midnight tonight when the stores open to get Skyward Sword, but I don't know if any stores are putting it on sale. Anywhere you know where I could find it at a discount?

Those are the only things I want to get, but I'm sure the rest of the family Is gonna drag me a lot of places as well.

My mom works at Old Navy so we'll probably go there for extra savings. Might go to Best Buy and walmart as well. My sister is going to the Verizon store to get a motorolla Xoom for 200$

Hatman said:
I'm going out somewhere at midnight tonight when the stores open to get Skyward Sword, but I don't know if any stores are putting it on sale. Anywhere you know where I could find it at a discount?

Walmart was about the only place, having the bundle at $60 at 10 P.M. EST (I'm hoping it's going to be online, but it's probably not) (this was Thursday, if that wasn't clear). Best Buy had something where you got a $10 gift card (can't remember if it was the game or the bundle, but it seems to be over now).

I spent all of last night, most of Thanksgiving, and probably all of tonight trying to plan and capitalize on ongoing deals. My spoils so far... Scribblenauts at Best Buy for $8, Tetris Party Deluxe at Best Buy for $8, and a 16 GB SD Card from Staples ($15, not really a deal, but I needed one anyway). Yeah, not much. It really is a laptop and TV day. But I am waiting for a bunch of stuff at Walmart to hopefully come online (clothes and cookware, mostly), some CD sleeves and a flash drive at Staples, and a few things at Kmart. Yeah, not much. Everybody was opening at midnight tonight, so I coined this Grey Thursday, and yet, some local TV station already had. Ha.

But if there's one thing to get tonight/today, it's blank CDs and DVDs from Staples. Never, ever, ever are there as good of a deal as Black Friday for these ($5 for 100 CDs, $10 for 100 DVDs). I bought some two years ago, and while I've barely used them (not buying any tonight as a result), I've never had problems.

I was told by my supervisor that someone had a cart full of electronics at Walmart and he just walked out of the store. No one even tried to stop him (they couldn't, it was too crazy).

I was at Best Buy for like 4 hours and by the time I got in, all the good stuff was gone.... So I rushed home just in time to miss Troll and Toads $50 Booster Boxes.... In other news I got Battlefield 3 for $30

Got Dragon Naturally Speaking for $40, which is a bargain, imo. :D

Black Friday sure is... odd? I heared of it the first time a few weeks ago. Sounds pretty fun actually, I like (window) shopping, but Black Friday doesn't exist in Finland. :p

I had the misery of having to work as a cashier until about 1:30 when the madness stopped. After that I helped sort about a dozen or so carts full of merchandise customers didn't want. After that was done I took my meal break then was in electronics the rest of the night putting away a billion movies and games. I also had no idea what we still had and didn't have for add items. I am spending my time home the rest of the day.

Anyone know Pokémon sites have big sales?

I can't believe I missed T&T $50 boxes.

I was up late last night and had no idea trollandtoad was selling 50$ boxes -_-

Trollandtoad still has a few BW boxes for 65$, and the website says there may be more boxes up later, so check back at 6PM EST and 9PM EST

Otherwise, i didnt get anything. I dont really ever go black friday shopping.

My relatives go out every Black Friday. But, most of the stuff we want is money and gift cards really, so that's what we're going to get most likely.

Going to ride my bike down to school with my friends and see what cool stuff we an get for $20.

Yay just went to Wal Mart and Nebraska Furntiture Mart (they were the two closest shops to the hotel we're staying at). We got a new, blue Wii at Wal Mart since our Wii we got on launch day is starting to break. They were all sold out of the $60 dollar combo pack thingy for Skyward Sword (and the regular game for that matter) so we just went to Nebraska Furniture Mart and got it for $50 there.

Black Friday is success.

I'll stand down by the door and catch the grey men as they fall from the fourteenth floor.

And maybe I'll feed some kangaroos while I'm at it. I've got nothing else to do.

That. Was. Crazy. Was up 'till five.
People are freaking ANIMALS. I suggest everyone go one year for the lols.

Someone got hit by a car outside Best Buy. Poor guy :(

It's funny how we can wake up at 3 to get 50$ off a TV but can barely get up at 6/8 for school/work.

Back