Black and White Emerging Powers!

ogeray said:
yea, thats basically what i meant.
its all marketing schemes guys
trust me, im a marketing graduate

Each theme deck—Power Play and Toxic Tricks—will feature a special foil card! The four booster pack designs, debuting in stores August 31, feature fierce new Pokémon—Tornadus, Cobalion, Braviary, and Darmanitan—with each booster pack including one guaranteed foil card!

each theme deck will feature a 'special foil card'... each pack will have one guaranteed 'foil card'

It seems they're just trying to dupe us... I am skeptical, but that implies that you would get 1 foil card per pack. They havent called reverse holos 'foil's in the past...

Hey guys,i just had a thought,then thought about the thought,and relised that its very much possible my thought could be correct.The Virizion,Cobalon and Terakion in the Battle Strengh decks were the Rotom Foils,and if you can remember correctly,Rotom cards from RR came in the Reverse Slot.So,if im correct,i belive that the Virizion,Cobalon and Terakion in Emerging Powers will be in the Reverse slot instead of rare!:ninja

Romeothepirate said:
Any guesses on the typing of the theme decks?

Power Play - Fighting & ???
Toxic Tricks - Psychic & ???

maybe the're one type decks?
or maybe they going to be their game types: psychic/grass and fighting/dark

I am really hoping that they put that Cobalion artwork on a playmat or binder because it is just so awesome. The other pack arts are ok with the USA bird coming second and the others are kind of lackluster. I think their goal with the pack art was to have 3 good 'Emerging powers' (Cobalion, USA bird and Darmantian) facing up against an evil looking tornadus.

Bwaaaa

The pack covers look cool. I haven't bought a pack in a looooong time,so I might get a couple packs of these.

hmmm i wonder...maybe this will be an english exclusive set with all new stuff...and not just stuff from japan. that would be awesome...

catutie said:
hmmm i wonder...maybe this will be an english exclusive set with all new stuff...and not just stuff from japan. that would be awesome...

well, since we're getting some of the full arts, we know it won't be all exclusive. but any amount of exclusives is a good amount of exclusives =)

also, some fuel to the fire of hoping that there will be holos in each pack as well as reverse holos:

MSRP of Black and White boosters (also everything HS-on) is $3.79

MSRP of BW: EP boosters is $3.99

if it was because of the economy, we probably would have seen the price spice with Call of Legends since that was our first set of 2011.

It might be due to the code cards if they are in fact in every pack. Extra printing costs, and perhaps money to go towards maintaining the server(s). (Makes me wonder if the actual cost of B/W code packs were more expensive or if it was just third-party sellers increasing the price... It would make sense if Nintendo made them slightly more expensive. Anyone in a position to answer this with any certainty?) I doubt they'll include holos in every pack. At most, they'd go back to the EX-era style of Reverse Holo, and that in itself is highly unlikely since this won't be the first set of an era. I'd imagine the "foils" are just Reverse Holos like they've always (since Legendary Collection) been. Either a marketing ploy or just so there's slightly less text in the announcement.

If P!P is reconstructing the packet spread to 1RH, 1R, 3U, 5C, it's a very smart move. Revs haven't even looked nice since Power Keepers. It's a good thing to axe them. Plus it makes the game cheaper, like the Japanese counterpart. Primes being so common was a good move, Full arts being alt art reprints was a good move and this will be too.

Anything that promotes a box over singles is a smart move.

As for the set itself, be it here or Red Collection, Fossil Muk totally needs to come back.

^That's already the pack ratio. LOL

~SS

olimar1023 said:
Romeothepirate said:
Any guesses on the typing of the theme decks?

Power Play - Fighting & ???
Toxic Tricks - Psychic & ???

maybe the're one type decks?
or maybe they going to be their game types: psychic/grass and fighting/dark

Not one type for sure. Name a one type deck in the recent past.

~SS

Pokepower22 said:
Hey guys,i just had a thought,then thought about the thought,and relised that its very much possible my thought could be correct.The Virizion,Cobalon and Terakion in the Battle Strengh decks were the Rotom Foils,and if you can remember correctly,Rotom cards from RR came in the Reverse Slot.So,if im correct,i belive that the Virizion,Cobalon and Terakion in Emerging Powers will be in the Reverse slot instead of rare!:ninja

Says who they'll be Fracture Foil? That's just for theme deck cards. :ninja

~SS

bwaaaa said:
I am really hoping that they put that Cobalion artwork on a playmat or binder because it is just so awesome. The other pack arts are ok with the USA bird coming second and the others are kind of lackluster. I think their goal with the pack art was to have 3 good 'Emerging powers' (Cobalion, USA bird and Darmantian) facing up against an evil looking tornadus.

Bwaaaa

you mean something like this?

Attachments

• news_top_bw2_2.jpg
    news_top_bw2_2.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 88
^Yes that is exactly what I was thinking, where did you get that pic?

Bwaaaa

I jacked it from the pokemon website kind of.. http://assets.pokemon.com/assets/cms/img/news/bw2/news_top_bw2_2.jpg

you can replace the last #2 with any number 1-4 and it'll be different art. Too bad it's soo tiny. I mde a larger version and put it on my DA account (needs a little work), feel free to search for me there. (same username)

I'm pretty excited for this set to be released because it will be the newest to come out right after I started collecting again. I still need to finish BW though, only 6 more cards :)

UnknownD said:
But the theme deck Krookodile and Scolipede arent from any Japanese scan that we have seen so far... or at least from what I can tell. If I am wrong let me know. Only thing that I can think of is that they are from red collection? Would that make any sense?

Probably from Hail Blizzard/Psycho Drive. It isn't a reprint because they both had abilities. There are unreleased Venipede, Whirlipede, Sandile, and Krokorok cards. Maybe it is like a reprint of a past Pokemon like N is a reprint of Rockets Admin.

About the decks, I think Toxic Tricks is Psychic and Electric and Power Play is Fighting and Water. The reason for this is my set list forecast only has Zorua and Zoroark for Dark types, and there are many of the other types.

Lost Zone Master said:
UnknownD said:
About the decks, I think Toxic Tricks is Psychic and Electric and Power Play is Fighting and Water. The reason for this is my set list forecast only has Zorua and Zoroark for Dark types, and there are many of the other types.

To add on onto this, Zorua and Zoroark are already featured in one of the half decks of the BW Trainer Kit. I doubt they'd get a double feature.

I didn't have the time to read the entire thread, but if anyone has missed this, if you compare the BW set's Scolipede with the one featured on the deckbox, the new one has 10 less HP printed (140 vs 150 from the BW set). So both the Krookodile and the Scolipede will both be new cards.

I hope to see some more info soon on the ''missing'' 30-ish cards...!

I can already see two deadly combinations in the set alone:Hydriegon and Catcher.For the full combo,look at the deck in my signature.

Sorry to burst your bubble. There WILL BE NO RED COLLECTION CARDS. We will get the rest of b/w cards with some english exclusives. Red collection and the Victini decks will be our cities set.

Back