Biking on the Road

Naked Snake

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I hate people who bike with their super-slim helmets and skin-tight clothes with their grass in the air who bike on the road! Cars are for the road, not bicycles. Where I live, I'm pretty sure its the law to bike on the road. It's because the government thinks biking on the sidewalk is too dangerous for pedestrians. Honestly, if you're on a sidewalk and a bike is coming at you, just get out of the way, and vice versa! Cars often swerve out of the bikers' way and almost cause crashes in the opposite lane. The government promotes that. They promote car crashes.

What are your thoughts on biking on roads?

123wert50 said:
I hate people who ride golf carts on the rode. xD

Me too. I once went to an island where there are no cars, just golfcarts.

Biking on the road... no comment, because exercise is good for you, even if they are on the road.

I only hate it when I see people riding on the wrong side of the road. That's just begging to be hit lol.

Usually, bicyclists have to follow similar rules that cars have. They're supposed to wear helmets, have a light or two on at night and use hand signals to turn, and they stop at stoplights as well. Sidewalks are for just that: walks.

Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot bike lanes. They're there to be used so if they're available, there's no reason they should be driving in a car lane. Anything is better than that, that's for sure lol. Some States are different though. Not every State invests in things like that, so sometimes you'll just have to deal with things.

dmaster out.

dmaster said:
I only hate it when I see people riding on the wrong side of the road. That's just begging to be hit lol.

Ya, I agree with this.

There are two things I hate about bikers.

1. Like dmaster said, those who bike the opposite way.
2. Those who bike on the road when a sidewalk is available.

-________-

Darkvoid57 said:
Cyclists who bike in the road when there's a bike lane is just stupid.

Ya. Unless there are lots of people and there is no room to bike.

glaceon said:
Ya. Unless there are lots of people and there is no room to bike.

When my mom almost accidently hit a Cyclist driving on a busy street in the middle of the lane at 5 MPH, the bike lane was empty.

Welcome to New York -.-

Yeah, we have Bike Lanes, but no one bothers to use them and its their fault if they get hit.

Darkvoid57 said:
Welcome to New York -.-

Yeah, we have Bike Lanes, but no one bothers to use them and its their fault if they get hit.

I was in NY monday. Odd airport.

But anyways, if there is a bike lane/empty sidewalk, use it. Otherwise its fine.

As dmaster said, bicycles are a road vehicle in the United States, so they go on the road. Unless there's a bike lane, which is still the road, so...

As someone who walks a lot, I hate it when people bike on the sidewalk.

Personally, when I'm riding a bike, I'd rather hit a pedestrian than a car, so I take the sidewalk when available. Yes, bicycles are road vehicles, but as far as I know in Florida laws, it's not against any rule for them to be on sidewalks either.

Driving on the road with a bicyclist does tend to pose some problems if there's an incoming car on the other side. I normally end up braking just to avoid the worst case scenario, but that could bug the heck out of anyone behind me. If bicycles are supposed to be on the road than the sidewalk as they are considered, it would be much appreciated if quite a few more major roads have bike lanes... unfortunately, there's no money for such things.

I usually bike on the sidewalk, but also on the curb, because cars shouldn't be on the curb, and people will usually be on the sidewalk, or in the grass.

Where I live, in Ontario, there are some bike lanes. But when there are no bike lanes, I'd rather take the sidewalk than the road. And if someone is walking by, just slow down and get out of their way.

I only care if there being stupid in the middle of the road.

The real problem is the idiots who don't where helmets. If there head gets crushed, it's their fault.

I have to say that I hate wearing a helmet. ( On a bike anyways). They really don't protect you. I mean they only cover the top of your head, and you're not going to land directly on top of your head, even if you do, your neck would be broken. It is very possible to land on your face, but even then your hands will most likely break your fall. The front of the helmet wont help too much. I personally think helmets are a scam for money. ( I think motorcycle helmets, etc are good, though .) Of course, this is just my opinion.

Eveon said:
I have to say that I hate wearing a helmet. ( On a bike anyways). They really don't protect you. I mean they only cover the top of your head, and you're not going to land directly on top of your head, even if you do, your neck would be broken. It is very possible to land on your face, but even then your hands will most likely break your fall. The front of the helmet wont help too much. I personally think helmets are a scam for money. ( I think motorcycle helmets, etc are good, though .) Of course, this is just my opinion.

Good, because I don't wear a helmet. They're REALLY uncomfortable.

ZoruaSnivyluver said:
Good, because I don't wear a helmet. They're REALLY uncomfortable.

So are Ski Helmets, and no one wore those, but then the whole incident with that famous actress hitting hear head skiing and then died and now everyone wears them. All it takes is someone famous

Back