Bicycle and Computer Search, when they Hit, they'll impact the meta hard.

Will Both these cards Impact the meta

• Duh? Both they're Predecessors did.

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • They'll be good, but they won't hurt the format

Votes: 16 61.5%
  • Bike might be decent, but Search won't be that good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't see either card hurting the meta.

Votes: 6 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Project_Fedora

Poke Hat Collector
Remember this?

91-bill.jpg

When the game first came out Bill was one of the best trainers in the game, a [quoting YGO] 'Pot of Greed' but not limited, you could have 4 copies, drawing 8 cards in one turn, maybe more if you ran item finder [which we got back as Junk arm for the current format.] But when Bill was reprinted as Mom's Kindness it was a Slap in the face to the originally playability to the card, I never thought the original Bill could get outclassed in draw power though:

54.jpg

Bicycle is a mix of Bill and Bianca, where you can draw up to four cards, while its not a straight 4, its still better than moms kindness, and I expect it to replace Bianca since its a trainer rather than a supporter.

Speaking of Base set cards, We're getting another one of the best cards from base set after getting Gust of wind as catcher:
71_computer_search.jpg
58.jpg

Computer Search back when the game first started was one of the best cards in the game, being able to search for any card in the deck was extremely good and unlike Bicycle where its a better version of an older card, Computer search is the exact same except it has the text: You may only use one Acespec Card in your entire deck." I think its better that you can only have 1 Acespec card in the deck, but I believe everyone will use computer search over every other card, it can grab any other card.

Ironically Both cards Bicycle and Computer search can help grab each other, Comp Search can go grab Bike for an easy draw 4, and bike can help thin into search to grab the key card to help you along.

So Far We Have 3 Cards From/Are Better from there Base set Counterparts:
Gust of Wind= Catcher
Hg/ss Bill <Bicycle
Compsearch=Compsearch

what do you guys think about when these two cards hit the format? I personally like having Computer search back after we lose all of the powerful search from Hg/ss-col, but I'm skeptical about Bike, the format will definately slow down after the rotation, but Bike might speed up draw so much that the format will be even faster than ever, with all the EX set up, Juniper Bicycle will be the new Professor Oak Bill from the old days.

That's my opinion on how those 2 cards will impact the game, what do you guys think?

You seem to have missed the "up to" clause in Bicycle. The card's effect is NOT "Draw 4 cards" but instead "Draw cards UNTIL YOU HAVE 4 CARDS IN YOUR HAND." (Caps for emphasis.) That's a major difference, and it will probably change your view of the card. It doesn't make Cheren useless by any means.

Comp Search won't be enough to revolutionize the game on its own considering that it's restricted to a 1-of in every deck. But it most likely will be a 1-of in every deck.

Celebi23 said:
You seem to have missed the "up to" clause in Bicycle. The card's effect is NOT "Draw 4 cards" but instead "Draw cards UNTIL YOU HAVE 4 CARDS IN YOUR HAND." (Caps for emphasis.) That's a major difference, and it will probably change your view of the card. It doesn't make Cheren useless by any means.

Comp Search won't be enough to revolutionize the game on its own considering that it's restricted to a 1-of in every deck. But it most likely will be a 1-of in every deck.

Man that's my bad, its still a good card for decks that burn there hands like Darkrai/EX or Emboar Variants

edit: Fixed.

Comp search was one of the best trainers ever printed, and when I started playing during Jungle 4 comp search 4 bill 4 professor oak 4 item finder 4 gust of wind was nuts, and now we have a format that's almost like that with 4 juniper 4 junk arm 4 catcher and 4 ultra ball, its weird to see Pokemon repeat itself.

Considering that Bill is a supporter in Unlimited, does this mean that Computer Search will be an Ace Spec in Unlimited also? If so, this is bad news in my Porydonk. D:

While Bicycle is good, I don't think it outclasses many other draw supporters. How many times are you gonna be able to successfully empty your hand twice in one turn?

FUGGNUTZ said:
Considering that Bill is a supporter in Unlimited, does this mean that Computer Search will be an Ace Spec in Unlimited also? If so, this is bad news in my Porydonk. D:

While Bicycle is good, I don't think it outclasses many other draw supporters. How many times are you gonna be able to successfully empty your hand twice in one turn?

Yes Computer Search will become an Acespec in Unlimited.

Right now I'm testing a deck where I sit on one card in my hand, which is bianca, so I can really get use out of Bicycle

Computer Search was one of the best cards ever printed because you could play as many as you wanted in your deck at the time. With the new ACE SPEC rule, you will only be allowed to use one. I don't think it will impact the meta hard, the only things I could see it being run in are ZekEels and Darkrai variants, and I feel without Junk Arm, the discard is much harder to decide on. You can't just haphazardly toss Switch any more. I'd rather just use Ultra Ball in ZekEels, there's very few times I'd want to search for anything other than a Pokémon, and if I did, I could use Skyla. In Darkrai it might be more viable due to Sableye using Junk Hunt to either get Computer Search back, or to get the cards you tossed back, but you still only have to deal with your opponent using one.

I Don't like Bicycle TBH. It's cool to Computer Search for it, but it's only up to 4 cards. That is not a lot. You'll be getting one or 2 max 90% of the time. While it is a trainer, I'd rather just use Cheren, N, or even Juniper despite them being a supporter. I don't see either of these cards being a huge deal for the metagame.

However this is all speculation, and I could be completely wrong.

One Approved said:
Computer Search was one of the best cards ever printed because you could play as many as you wanted in your deck at the time. With the new ACE SPEC rule, you will only be allowed to use one. I don't think it will impact the meta hard, the only things I could see it being run in are ZekEels and Darkrai variants, and I feel without Junk Arm, the discard is much harder to decide on. You can't just haphazardly toss Switch any more. I'd rather just use Ultra Ball in ZekEels, there's very few times I'd want to search for anything other than a Pokémon, and if I did, I could use Skyla. In Darkrai it might be more viable due to Sableye using Junk Hunt to either get Computer Search back, or to get the cards you tossed back, but you still only have to deal with your opponent using one.

I Don't like Bicycle TBH. It's cool to Computer Search for it, but it's only up to 4 cards. That is not a lot. You'll be getting one or 2 max 90% of the time. While it is a trainer, I'd rather just use Cheren, N, or even Juniper despite them being a supporter. I don't see either of these cards being a huge deal for the metagame.

However this is all speculation, and I could be completely wrong.

After reading bike over, maybe not, but Computer search can win games by itself, even as a one of, The biggest deck it has Synergy with is Darkrai/X Varients because its giving them a bigger, better Ultra Ball that can grab anything they want, Like Catcher.

Ontop of that we're getting a supporter that searches out trainers

So we can thin by playing it, go for comp search, discard 2 cards, search for pokemon catcher and then drop bike to refresh your hand.

Bicycle is mainly good for decks that discard a lot. Decks that don't max Juniper or Ultra Ball won't be able to benefit from it as much. It's not as good as you make it out to be. Computer Search is pretty good, but I think in the future we will get other ace spec cards that will rival it.

Computer Search might not have much effect on the metagame, but in Unlimited, it probably would, which is a good thing since this would help to loosen up some of Unlimited's broken trainer problems.

Why are people hyping bicycle?
Of course its a great card to have when you have a hand of 0/1 but you wont have that in BW-on.

Shaymin Lv.X said:
Why are people hyping bicycle?
Of course its a great card to have when you have a hand of 0/1 but you wont have that in BW-on.

I think it's more useful with ultra ball and computer search

the best deck for it would be blastoise or emboar

I think that Bicycle is underrated. Sure, it's situational but remember it's a trainer that has the potential of drawing 4 cards. In a format that has slowed down a lot and has some excellent cards that has discarding cards as a cost (Ultra Ball and soon Computer Search) it isn't that impossible to net a card or 2.

It also shares some similarities with Uxie LA (remember him?). In the MD-CL format, people tried to dump their hand as much as possible to then put Uxie and draw a new hand of 7 cards. Although Bicycle isn't nearly as playable as Uxie (being only searchable with Skyla and being only able to draw to 4 instead of to 7) you can still perform such a play and still get a new hand consisting of 4 cards and unlike Uxie, not having a sitting duck that takes bench space.

Here's what I think will be a (fairly) common play in the future:

Draw starting hand, play basic/s. Lets assume 2, and they're Sableye and Darkrai EX. Draw for the turn, that's 6. Skyla for Computer Search, discard 1 (preferably 2) Darkness Energy and something else (3) to get a Dark Patch (4). Play the Dark Patch (3) and attach for turn (2). Play Bicycle for 2 more cards, hopefully you get a supporter for next turn. Or, maybe in this situation, you get a Level Ball or Ultra Ball to get out a Deino. Then, you would use Junk Hunt for whatever combination of the trainers you played that turn that would benefit you.

The only problem here is that you have to just hope that you get a Supporter because otherwise, you would have to waste your Computer Search for one instead of getting the choice card that you will need.

Back