Help Best Way to play the New Incineroar GX?

Sylveonix

I have a Fairy Type addiction.
I've recently got involved in Pokemon again and found out about the new Team Up expansion, so I bought a few boosters and packs. In two of the boosters I got the new Incineroar GX darktype, and now I'm hyped to make a deck with it. I've seen two deck lists that I really like, but I'm unsure of which one is better for competitive play. Here's the first decklist:

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 15

* 1 Oranguru SUM 113
* 1 Darkrai {*} UPR 77
* 1 Guzzlord-GX CIN 63
* 2 Incineroar-GX TEU 97
* 2 Tyranitar-GX LOT 121
* 2 Larvitar LOT 114
* 2 Litten TEU 20
* 1 Chikorita LOT 5
* 1 Meganium LOT 8
* 2 Jirachi TEU 99

##Trainer Cards - 35

* 1 Rescue Stretcher BUS 165
* 3 Escape Board UPR 167
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 161
* 4 Nest Ball SUM 158
* 4 Rare Candy GRI 165
* 3 Erika’s Hospitality TEU 174
* 4 Cynthia UPR 148
* 2 Lillie UPR 151
* 3 Guzma BUS 143
* 3 Wishful Baton CIN 121
* 3 Lavender Town TEU 147
* 1 Judge LOT 209

##Energy - 10

Here's the second:
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 13

* 1 Tapu Lele GX
* 4 Litten
* 4 Incineroar GX
* 3 Darkrai EX
* 1 Darkrai EX (w/ Ability)
* 1 Oranguru (Instruct)

##Trainer Cards - 34

* 4 Vs Seekers
* 2 Nest Balls
* 4 Ultra Ball
* 2 Nest Ball
* 4 Rare Candy
* 1 Brock's Grit
* 4 Cynthia
* 2 Lillie
* 3 Guzma
* 4 Max Elixirs
* 1 Black Market
* 1 Judge

##Energy - 14

Which deck is better to be used with Incineroar GX? Should I change either decklist?

well first of all the second one is expanded, which is not the place to place incineroar gx. The first one i would remove the tryranitar gx and just make it a 4 incineroar gx kind of deck. Hes good enough on his own and i wouldnt try to make anything too complicated

I really like this incineroar. You can get it up quick with ninetales-gx much quicker than meganium and then it accels its own energy. Add black market in their to be a big tanky one prizer.

Yeah, it probably came in a bit too early.

If you really want to use it, I'd try some Nanu shenanigans with basic (D) pokémon, like both Hoopa (GX and baby), Guzzlord-GX, heck even Zorua (adding Zoroark-GX to the fray) wouldn't be out of question. Black Market <*> to make it tankier, Energy Switch to distribute some love around.

Once ZoroNinja-GX TT comes up, you'll use the same structure, with better results. For now, though, maybe:

3-1-3 Incineroar-GX (attacker / battery)
3 Hoopa-GX (support / sec. attacker)
2 Hoopa (wall)
1 Darkrai <*> (battery)
1 Absol (disruption)
2 Tapu Lele-GX (support)
1 Marshadow (disruption)

4 Cynthia
4 Lillie (split with Steven's Resolve maybe?)
1 Erika's Hospitality
3 Guzma
2 Nanu

4 Ultra Ball
3 Rare Candy
3 Nest Ball
3 Choice Band
3 Pokémon Communication
2 Rescue Stretcher
2/3 Energy Switch
2 Devoured Field
1 Black Market <*>

Clearly less than 60 cards there, you can fill in the rest. Gameplan would be to start with Hoopa-GX to search for stuff, set up Incineroar-GX, work it out from there. Nanu out anything you can use later (from a loaded Incineroar-GX to a sitting Lele or Marshadow), choose your attacker according to the match, have fun

Last edited:
I actually love this decklist, it really compliments the Incineroar's power.
I totally forgot about Nanu! I've seen some people using Incineroar w/ Guzzlord GX and Nanu, and I might try that as well.
I don't really understand the Darkrai's use, is it for Energy drawing? The attack does take a lot of energy, so I'm guessing it's not for attacking.

Going from the perspective that it'll be more useful when ZoroNinja-GX TT arrives and that this deck will run a higher-than-usual Energy count:

Darkrai <*> can set itself up in one turn for a hax attack with Energy Switch, forcing a Guzma or taking a 2HKO.

It can also serve as a juicy target for Nanu, setting up a recently knocked-out Hoopa (GX or baby) out of a single hand attachment.

In a near future, it adds 60 dmg to ZoroNinja (itself being a possible Nanu-recovered attacker), not counting hand attachment.

Like described, it's a battery that takes advantage of a cluttered hand, turning it into ammo for when you need to build up an attacker out of thin air.

Last edited:
Hello! I will show you my list for the new incineroar GX coming out, I hope you like it!

Pokémon:
Incineroar GX-3-TEU
Torracat-1
Litten-3-(Any 60 HP one)
Tapu Lele GX-2-GRI
Zoroark GX-3-SHL
Zorua-3-SHL
Hoopa-1-SHL
Alolan ninetales GX-2
Vulpix-2
Hoopa GX-1

Total: 20