Help Best Way to play the New Incineroar GX?

Sylveonix

I have a Fairy Type addiction.
I've recently got involved in Pokemon again and found out about the new Team Up expansion, so I bought a few boosters and packs. In two of the boosters I got the new Incineroar GX darktype, and now I'm hyped to make a deck with it. I've seen two deck lists that I really like, but I'm unsure of which one is better for competitive play. Here's the first decklist:

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 15

* 1 Oranguru SUM 113
* 1 Darkrai {*} UPR 77
* 1 Guzzlord-GX CIN 63
* 2 Incineroar-GX TEU 97
* 2 Tyranitar-GX LOT 121
* 2 Larvitar LOT 114
* 2 Litten TEU 20
* 1 Chikorita LOT 5
* 1 Meganium LOT 8
* 2 Jirachi TEU 99

##Trainer Cards - 35

* 1 Rescue Stretcher BUS 165
* 3 Escape Board UPR 167
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 161
* 4 Nest Ball SUM 158
* 4 Rare Candy GRI 165
* 3 Erika’s Hospitality TEU 174
* 4 Cynthia UPR 148
* 2 Lillie UPR 151
* 3 Guzma BUS 143
* 3 Wishful Baton CIN 121
* 3 Lavender Town TEU 147
* 1 Judge LOT 209

##Energy - 10

Here's the second:
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 13

* 1 Tapu Lele GX
* 4 Litten
* 4 Incineroar GX
* 3 Darkrai EX
* 1 Darkrai EX (w/ Ability)
* 1 Oranguru (Instruct)

##Trainer Cards - 34

* 4 Vs Seekers
* 2 Nest Balls
* 4 Ultra Ball
* 2 Nest Ball
* 4 Rare Candy
* 1 Brock's Grit
* 4 Cynthia
* 2 Lillie
* 3 Guzma
* 4 Max Elixirs
* 1 Black Market
* 1 Judge

##Energy - 14

Which deck is better to be used with Incineroar GX? Should I change either decklist?

Mack Dabson

Ur mom likes my pokemon
well first of all the second one is expanded, which is not the place to place incineroar gx. The first one i would remove the tryranitar gx and just make it a 4 incineroar gx kind of deck. Hes good enough on his own and i wouldnt try to make anything too complicated

Audiofreak19

Aspiring Trainer
I really like this incineroar. You can get it up quick with ninetales-gx much quicker than meganium and then it accels its own energy. Add black market in their to be a big tanky one prizer.

K-Genesis

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah, it probably came in a bit too early.

If you really want to use it, I'd try some Nanu shenanigans with basic (D) pokémon, like both Hoopa (GX and baby), Guzzlord-GX, heck even Zorua (adding Zoroark-GX to the fray) wouldn't be out of question. Black Market <*> to make it tankier, Energy Switch to distribute some love around.

Once ZoroNinja-GX TT comes up, you'll use the same structure, with better results. For now, though, maybe:

3-1-3 Incineroar-GX (attacker / battery)
3 Hoopa-GX (support / sec. attacker)
2 Hoopa (wall)
1 Darkrai <*> (battery)
1 Absol (disruption)
2 Tapu Lele-GX (support)
1 Marshadow (disruption)

4 Cynthia
4 Lillie (split with Steven's Resolve maybe?)
1 Erika's Hospitality
3 Guzma
2 Nanu

4 Ultra Ball
3 Rare Candy
3 Nest Ball
3 Choice Band
3 Pokémon Communication
2 Rescue Stretcher
2/3 Energy Switch
2 Devoured Field
1 Black Market <*>

Clearly less than 60 cards there, you can fill in the rest. Gameplan would be to start with Hoopa-GX to search for stuff, set up Incineroar-GX, work it out from there. Nanu out anything you can use later (from a loaded Incineroar-GX to a sitting Lele or Marshadow), choose your attacker according to the match, have fun

Last edited:

Sylveonix

I have a Fairy Type addiction.
I actually love this decklist, it really compliments the Incineroar's power.
I totally forgot about Nanu! I've seen some people using Incineroar w/ Guzzlord GX and Nanu, and I might try that as well.
I don't really understand the Darkrai's use, is it for Energy drawing? The attack does take a lot of energy, so I'm guessing it's not for attacking.

K-Genesis

Aspiring Trainer
Going from the perspective that it'll be more useful when ZoroNinja-GX TT arrives and that this deck will run a higher-than-usual Energy count:

Darkrai <*> can set itself up in one turn for a hax attack with Energy Switch, forcing a Guzma or taking a 2HKO.

It can also serve as a juicy target for Nanu, setting up a recently knocked-out Hoopa (GX or baby) out of a single hand attachment.

In a near future, it adds 60 dmg to ZoroNinja (itself being a possible Nanu-recovered attacker), not counting hand attachment.

Like described, it's a battery that takes advantage of a cluttered hand, turning it into ammo for when you need to build up an attacker out of thin air.

Last edited:

The Golden Mewtwo

Currently crying because I'm a 16 year old senior
Hello! I will show you my list for the new incineroar GX coming out, I hope you like it!

Pokémon:
Incineroar GX-3-TEU
Torracat-1
Litten-3-(Any 60 HP one)
Tapu Lele GX-2-GRI
Zoroark GX-3-SHL
Zorua-3-SHL
Hoopa-1-SHL
Alolan ninetales GX-2
Vulpix-2
Hoopa GX-1

Total: 20