Discussion Best way to play against disruptive decks?

RunningWithScizors

Aspiring Trainer
How do you play a fast, aggressive deck like, say, Night March, Yveltal, or Vespiquen/Flareon against a disruptive deck like Seismitoad/Giratina or a Sableye variant? Disruptive decks have always been my greatest weakness. Well, that and the mirror match.

Here are some tips:
Against Toad, use up all of your items ASAP! This includes having to VS seeker before your opponent uses Toad, Scoop Ups before damage it dealt, compressor even if you don't want to put stuff in the discard, etc. If it's not a supporter and it's in your hand, try to use it, because odds are is that it won't happen again for at least awhile.
For Giratina, you should obviously try to play down stadiums, special energy, and/or tool cards before it gets 2 energy attached. If you see either a DCE or DDE attached, this is a MAJOR hint to either discard the energy if possible, deal early pressure from a lysandre, or to prepare for an attack next turn. If you have a Special and Regular energy in hand, you should drop the special before Giratina becomes active. Sure, it can be discarded, but you wouldn't have been able to use it if Giratina attacked in the 1st place, so it's worth the risk.
Sableye is hard, but if you run megaphone and Xerosic you have a chance of winning. Milotic helps this as well if you draw well. Really depends on draws and stuff.

How can I put Megaphone and Xerosic in a Night March or Yveltal decklist? My lists are pretty full up as it is. (Trying to run Yveltal at Regionals....)

How can I put Megaphone and Xerosic in a Night March or Yveltal decklist? My lists are pretty full up as it is. (Trying to run Yveltal at Regionals....)
In Yveltal you can just run the Yveltal with Fright Night, which shuts off tool cards. It does not shut off garb though, but with Xerosic in the deck it can beat Sableye. If you want you can PM me your list (I am not going btw).

Back