Best set released so far

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Worst Card in HG/SS (Rare)?

Wobbuffet is the reason I won a battle at the prerealease, so I don't hate it TOO much. Butterfree? Eeeew.

tyler_pwn said:
clefable isnt that bad. It works in a rhyfable deck. I think the worst is wobbuffet.

Well I don't like not doing any damage at all just to recover the evolution card for two energies. One energy it isn't horrible, but two is expensive for that kind of effect.

Tristan said:
It is the worst card in format I think

PL Luvdicce is

You made Arcanine SV happy.

Jahikoi said:
I'd have to vote for Araidos.

http://www.professor-oak.com/CardOrders/ItemDetails.asp?IID=18422

vs

http://www.professor-oak.com/CardOrders/ItemDetails.asp?IID=2521

Butterfree-

Better because:

FORTY more health. (80 vs 120)
Second attack does more damage (50 vs 60), and can sleep the enemy as well as poison.
Free Retreat (Not 1)
+30 Fire Weak (Not 2x)
First attack can heal ANY POKEMON not just itself.

Araidos-

Better Because:

Stage 1
Second attack takes GCC not GGC.

The game of pokemon is about synergy. Put an expert belt on Araidos and its going to get 1 shot probably - put one on butterfree and it can tank and heal your whole team for 50 a turn. Araidos gives none.

Feel free to voice your own opinions on what card from HG/SS set is the worst. YOU CAN ALSO VOTE FOR ARTWORK BEING BAD!

you neglected to add the fact that butterfree may be rotating out fo format soon too

id have to agree that shuckle is the worst rare in hgss.
at least the other cards such as butterfree, cleffa, wobbuffet, farfetched have useful attacks/effects.
shuckle makes me 0_o??

Theres no way farfeched is the worst.
Either shuckle or quagsire.
Still none are as bad as Arcanine SV and floatzel SV.
man what where they thinking lol

I topped a lot of Granbulls out of my HGSS box. *sad face*
Those seemed to spam me a lot, although until I saw this thread, I didn't even realise Ariados was a rare. He was kinda good at Pres tho. I gotta love all the Babies, don't be hatin'.

RE: Most overlooked card in the format?

^Both of those points are correct. You'd have to run 3-3-3-1 or 3-2-3-1 to have decent techs.

Also, I just discovered something while playing with my own version of Duskgar: GENGAR DP PWNS! Seriously, if you use Life Drain and the Pokemon's Poisoned, or Dusknoir X is in play, or even if you have Cursegar in play, you can use it as a flipped OHKO. And don't get me started on Shadow Dance, you can put on damage to make 2 KOs at a time. It might not be AMAZING on it's own, but it is very overlooked.

I think Dialga G is under-used. Not like some of these cards, but for the amount of potential it has, it's ridiculous that so few people play it. It pretty much is a stalemate against LuxChomp, but if you manage to get Dialga G Lv.X out fairly early, you can dominate. Tank through them, picking up easy KO's with it belted, special metals attached, and crobat drops. I once played a LuxChomp with my version of Dark DialgaChomp and took three prizes in one turn!

Pachirisu GE can be amazing. There are even MORE tools running around these days with expert belt, and for one energy pachi can do 40, discard a tool, see your opponent's hand, and discard any others of said tool there. Then there's the matter of the ever-popular Gyarados. People say it's so amazing and strong and fast with e-belt, but guess what? For a single energy of any type, Pachirisu can do 70 damage to Gyarados and discard its expert belt(possibly even more than one).

Tyraniking said:
^Both of those points are correct. You'd have to run 3-3-3-1 or 3-2-3-1 to have decent techs.

Also, I just discovered something while playing with my own version of Duskgar: GENGAR DP PWNS! Seriously, if you use Life Drain and the Pokemon's Poisoned, or Dusknoir X is in play, or even if you have Cursegar in play, you can use it as a flipped OHKO. And don't get me started on Shadow Dance, you can put on damage to make 2 KOs at a time. It might not be AMAZING on it's own, but it is very overlooked.

That is so true. I built a cursegar variant way before it was dubbed "cursegar" where I bounced with gengar dp instead because of placing 4 dmg anywhere I pleased. It worked amazing with cursegar. But instead of spiritomb I used electrode sf with ampharos sw. That way, I could attack with gengar, bounce to electrode, then they would take a damage counter everywhere for using a supporter, and another if they attack electrode sf. Then I was left with the option of doing 30 and paralysis for {L} or free retreat to gengar and repeat.

Rikko145 said:
I think Dialga G is under-used. Not like some of these cards, but for the amount of potential it has, it's ridiculous that so few people play it. It pretty much is a stalemate against LuxChomp, but if you manage to get Dialga G Lv.X out fairly early, you can dominate. Tank through them, picking up easy KO's with it belted, special metals attached, and crobat drops. I once played a LuxChomp with my version of Dark DialgaChomp and took three prizes in one turn!

At the moment Dialga G is just too slow and there arent too many bodies out at the moment that Dialga G can capitalise.

Just wait until the next set comes out. Dialga G is going to have an epic comeback (I hope)

crm103top08 said:
That is so true. I built a cursegar variant way before it was dubbed "cursegar" where I bounced with gengar dp instead because of placing 4 dmg anywhere I pleased. It worked amazing with cursegar. But instead of spiritomb I used electrode sf with ampharos sw. That way, I could attack with gengar, bounce to electrode, then they would take a damage counter everywhere for using a supporter, and another if they attack electrode sf. Then I was left with the option of doing 30 and paralysis for {L} or free retreat to gengar and repeat.

That is sick. You could use Ampharos to take another if they attatch energy. That'd be even more awesome XD it's like they have to let it die.

I read in an article that DPgar was bad, so I thought of taking it out for SF Gengar, but then I tried it out with Gengar Lv. X and did this to win the game: Leveled Down a Pokemon, didn't have enough HP for it's previous stage, KO, then Life Drain, flipped heads, brought it to 10 HP left, Ectoplasm got it's last HP down, so the opponent had no Pokemon left so I won O_O I thought that was so grand. Sure it can be Unown G'd, but why would an opponent attatch an Unown G on a Pokemon if it isn't something that disrupts their Pokemon (Like Luxchomp vs. Machamp, etc.) if they can just attatch an Expert Belt? It's a coin flip, but it's a coin flip for a KO if you use it right. That's how I see it.

SWITCH

always handy If you've already retreated once , your opponent doesn't switch (like with warp point) which most of the time is a good thing in my experience, flylock counter, great in high retreat decks

I say Darkrai X. You can do sleep and 70 damage with his pokebody but it is stopped by Dialga G X and Unown G.

BEST Legend cards?

Hi all,

I wanted people's opinion on which legend card is best in terms of usage.

Lugia Legend
Ho-Oh Legend
Entei/Raikou Legend
Raikou/Suicune Legend
Suicune/Entei Legend

RE: BEST Legend cards?

Well right now I wouldn't recommend the use of legends cards till the next set but Entei & Raikou are the best

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back