Best Deck Post-DE (CMT, Zek, Dark?)

iisnumber12 said:
Because, you need much more consistent decks in large tournaments where as you can play a deck that lacks a few counter cards in smaller ones.

You should always make your deck as consistent as possible. Why would someone decrease their consistency (thus making their deck worse) because it was a smaller tournament?

alexmf2 said:
You should always make your deck as consistent as possible. Why would someone decrease their consistency so that they would do worse?

You can do good in a small tournament with less rounds because you will have a lower chance of drawing dead.

iisnumber12 said:
You can do good in a small tournament with less rounds because you will have a lower chance of drawing dead.

Um, no. You will have the same chance of drawing dead every game. In fact, a larger tournament would be easier to do good at if you are a good player because it means you can play through a game where you did draw dead.

alexmf2 said:
Um, no. You will have the same chance of drawing dead every game. In fact, a larger tournament would be easier to do good at if you are a good player because it means you can play through a game where you did draw dead.

But, the decks that win BRs are usually based on winning and not consistency. That is why you have to match them and hope you don't get dead draws. That is why there are tons of BRs and only 2 Regionals.

Not inconsistent, but you shouldn't Max out every consistency card like you should in larger tournaments.

alexmf2 said:
Yes, you should. If you make your deck more inconsistent you'll just lose.

Not INconsistent, just not AS consistent. You also don't need to be prepared for everything like in regionals.

What cards would you add to just be prepared for a deck that obviously isn't tier 1 as not many people play it?

alexmf2 said:
What cards would you add to just be prepared for a deck that obviously isn't tier 1 as not many people play it?

Like Tornadus should be in a regionals Zekeels list because some kid could be playing donphan, but it doesn't have to be in a BRs list because it is less likely someone will play Donphan.

iisnumber12 said:
Like Tornadus should be in a regionals Zekeels list because some kid could be playing donphan, but it doesn't have to be in a BRs list because it is less likely someone will play Donphan.

I wouldn't add Tornadus into a ZekEels deck. It doesn't beat ZekEels and it isn't tier 1.

alexmf2 said:
I wouldn't add Tornadus into a ZekEels deck. It doesn't beat ZekEels and it isn't tier 1.

Also, with Zekrom EX, you don't need it in smaller tournaments, but it helps in larger ones. And, some people do run Tornadus for Donphan because their lists are different then yours.

iisnumber12 said:
Also, with Zekrom EX, you don't need it in smaller tournaments, but it helps in larger ones. And, some people do run Tornadus for Donphan because their lists are different then yours.

Again, that logic is flawed. Thought you may face more decks, your list should not change.

alexmf2 said:
Again, that logic is flawed. Thought you may face more decks, your list should not change.

Yes it should. Not to be a bragger or anything close to that, but I know pretty well what decklists are good plays and when. The only tournaments I've totally bombed are Worlds and my first tournament. The rest were all even or winning records.

iisnumber12 said:
Yes it should. Not to be a bragger or anything close to that, but I know pretty well what decklists are good plays and when. The only tournaments I've totally bombed are Worlds and my first tournament. The rest were all even or winning records.

So it's a one to two card difference. That should not be the difference between whether a deck archetype does well or not.

Why do you two always get in such heated arguments?

Anyway I also think that if someone can find a good rogue then they can roll with it and maybe take the BR.

Back