BCIF - (NXD-PLB)

bulbasuar17

Aspiring Trainer
I Made a thread like this a few weeks ago except It was for Best Deck in Format.
For The Best Card in the format I would say Computer Search, or Maybe HTL+Virbank, but that will die out a little when people start to test VirGen is my prediction.

bulbasuar17 said:
I Made a thread like this a few weeks ago except It was for Best Deck in Format.
For The Best Card in the format I would say Computer Search, or Maybe HTL+Virbank, but that will die out a little when people start to test VirGen is my prediction.
I think Deoxys honestly... Deoxys brings so much to a lot of plasma deck and really change the format.

It's Switch. Not even kidding you here. Only a double Keldeo/Float Stone really beats it, and that's at least 3 cards. Float Stone can be stopped by Tool Scrapper. And, outside of things like Item Lock (which also beats Float Stone anyway), nothing beats Switch.

I'm guessing this is outside of things like Juniper, N, Catcher, ect. that every deck uses.

I'm thinking pokemon wise, Virizion is really good. Blocking HTL and accelerating energy is pretty good.
Trainer wise... Tool Scrapper. It stops Keldeo/Float Stone and ruins Exp. Share-reliant decks. Also, Genesect and TDK both need it because of Silver Mirror being in almost every deck.

BCIF is so vague, and that's the problem.

The card that all decks need to play? Pokemon Catcher or Professor Juniper without a doubt.

The card that has the most impact on the metagame? Deoxys EX imho, though there are others.

The card that's the best to have in-hand? Computer Search.

There are lots of ways to go with BCIF. To be honest, I think Pokemon Catcher is definitely up there - it's ridiculously good, most decks play it as a 4-of (and almost all as at least a 3-of), and without it, the entire game would be so much different.

Best Pokemon: Keldeo EX (Is good in practically everything)
Best Item: Pokemon Catcher
Best Supporter: Professor Juniper
Best Stadium: Tropical Beach
Best ACE SPEC: Computer Search

blargh257 said:
Best Energy: Plasma
Cause we can use Colress Machine to attach it like a boss.

Keeper of Night said:
blargh257 said:

However...I disagree!
Double Colorless opens so many options for so many Pokemon, even though it's not very used right now.

blargh257 said:
Keeper of Night said:

However...I disagree!
Double Colorless opens so many options for so many Pokemon, even though it's not very used right now.
It's much less used then Plasma Energy, which is in most T1 decks at this point.

I volunteer Sawk.

It has 90 HP, and hits Plasmas for 50 for only one energy. With bangle it almost OHKO's Thundurus, it OHKO's Absol, and with mirror it's just a little menacing troll that swings for 50 every turn with no retribution (except for Scrapper, curse its existence).

^But nothing uses it. And there's lots of stuff that can hit harder. Sawk is a useful tech, but I don't think it's BCIF.

The Fallen One said:
I volunteer Sawk.

It has 90 HP, and hits Plasmas for 50 for only one energy. With bangle it almost OHKO's Thundurus, it OHKO's Absol, and with mirror it's just a little menacing troll that swings for 50 every turn with no retribution (except for Scrapper, curse its existence).

that was a bad joke, right?

Oh no, I made an amusing post about a funny card that reminds me of the Mankey that could OHKO Luxray GL Lv. X

I must be completely serious or making a terrible joke

Best Pokemon: Thunderus EX (Honorable mention: Keldeo EX, Darkrai EX, Virizion EX)
Best Item: Pokemon Catcher (Honorable mention: Switch, Hypnotoxic Lazer, Tool Scrapper)
Best Tool: Evolite (Honorable mention: Silver Miror, Silver Bangle, Float Stone)
Best Supporter: N (Honorable mention: Professor Juniper, Cheren, Colress
Best Stadium: Tropical Beach (Honorable mention: Virbank City Gym, Frozen City, Skyarrow Bridge)
Best ACE SPEC: Computer Search (Honorable mention: G Booster, Dousing Machine, Rock Guard)
Best Card in Format: Magikarp Dragon Exalted, it can do infinte damage and OHKO anything
Real Best Card in Format Pokemon Catcher (Honorable mention: Computer Search, Thunderus EX, N)

Trying to surmise the BCIF for this format, (or any format rather), is like trying to predict who the next judge will be on American Idol. It's impossible.

I feel Catcher and Juniper are the best cards in the format because they really are staples, but if we're going for which Pokémon is the best, I'm gonna have to say Keldeo-EX. Sableye should get a huge honorable mention for how you can bring back your resources after exploding on T1. If you get N'd, it doesn't matter all that much - they go back in the deck, and you just got a free Ultra Ball, HTL, doesn't matter. I know it only truly shines in Darkrai, but it's just so good.

I think the best card in the format is a Rogue-y Pokemon that nobody pays attention to.

Camerupt BCR, Machoke PLB, Ambipom DRX, you name it! You gotta take a deep hard look at the Card list and come up with something brand spankin' new!

There's no such thing as a "Best card in format". There might be best attacker in format; best draw support in format, best anti-X deck in format, but there are so many different things that cards do. There aren't even any cards that are better than all of the others that do similar things, so how can there be a card that is better than all other cards, even the ones with totally different purposes?

I mean, now that Revive is out of the format, anyway.

Best card in format? It's N. N pulls you back from impossible situations to the point that it can turn a landslide win to a loss because your opponent sacks you into just drawing one card.

Back