TCG Fakes bbninjas' Fakes - Knightly Nights Image-Based Set - 73.0% Complete!

Purrloin

m_lugia_ex_break_by_bbninjas-d9rhdzz.png

In response to:

Pretty happy with how this turned out. It involved a bit of blank crafting, which was a first for me, as well as adding white outlines, which was a tedious first. n.n;

Mega Evo Box, EX Rulebox, Palette Swaps + Placements by me; BREAK Blank, Mega Rulebox + Symbolsheet by aschefield101 and art by TPCi/Pokemon
I... I didn't expect this. lol this is awesome, well done!

And it didn't look like an oil spill after all!

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
krabby_nki_26_by_bbninjas-d9sf2z0.png
delphox_nki_21_by_bbninjas-d9sf3df.png
life_orb_nki_106_by_bbninjas-d9sf3nt.png
Yup, I actually made a card without an attack effect. Also, first Trainer!

Anyways, both Delphox and Life Orb went through spoiler updates/changes today. Delphox originally was to have just Magical Pool, but on looking back through my spoilers, I noticed I could play with the synergy between this card and an unreleased card (!). Life Orb was originally to be a 30 damage Muscle Band that would place a damage counter on the Pokemon the tool was attached to, but I decided that was too boring and generic. Unfortunately I ended up writing up three different wording before I settled on this one. xD I do like how the new Life Orb has some nice synergy with Delphox.

All in all, I'm really happy with all the art that I'm finding! They all look stunning in both their original forms and on the cards, and it makes me even more excited to finish the set.

EDIT: Nerfed (added an Energy discard) because Theta Double exists. (Thanks Bigfoot for the note!)

Placements and spoilers by me!
Super resources by the amazing @aschefield101
Krabby art by TrachaaArMy
Delphox art by dorimi
Life Orb render by @BigfootAUS with effects added by me! Background by FlamingClaw

Last edited:

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
growlithe_nki_17_by_bbninjas-d9t80y5.png
escavalier_nki_69_by_bbninjas-d9t82yp.png
nidorino_nki_45_by_bbninjas-d9t81he.png
lapras_nki_32_by_bbninjas-d9t82lq.png
Escavalier was probably one of my first BW cards, straight from the NVI theme deck. This Escavalier's first attack pays homage to that, as well as introduces (or reintroduces) the old Round mechanic as Weaponry March, which will feature on a few more to-be-released Pokemon. The Lapras, although I wouldn't say is particularly competitive, is built around defense and with the right techs, it could be quite interesting.

Growlithe art by Skyleaf2000
Escavalier art by ChicoConSuArte
Nidorino art by steffenka
Lapras art by veerchidar

Last edited:

Ms Hugo

Aspiring Trainer
Well when you consider that Aurorus exists...I bet that Lapras could be really fun! Especially since Water already has lots of defensive/healing tools.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
uxie_ex_nki_57_by_bbninjas-d9uuy6c.png

#HYPE

Hooray for the first EX! The first "special" card was originally going to be something else, but I came across the Uxie render ripped by Metagross101 and figured it was perfect. The streaks had proved difficult, but I ended up settling on a brush, as I really couldn't be bothered to figure it out quickly. You'll find that Knightly Nights aims at featuring much support for Stage 2 decks, and Uxie-EX is probably one of the biggest supports. I've been contemplating the power and I don't think it is too bad, especially being a 2-prize, low HP EX, it does remove a Stage's advantage of having a 6-prize game. It is also limited to Stage 1s (however can evolve on the first turn), meaning it is somewhat limited.

Placements, spoilers and effects by me!
Render ripped by Metagross101 from a Ryo Ueda wallpaper.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
mareep_nki_38_by_bbninjas-d9vr69c.png
mismagius_nki_51_by_bbninjas-d9vr76i.png

clefable_nki_76_by_bbninjas-d9vr6op.png
ampharos_nki_40_by_bbninjas-d9vr7kq.png

I really love this batch of cards, thanks to both the mechanics and the artists!

You'll probably find Mismagius a card with a bit of a strange Ability, however you'll find that one of the major archetypes in this set will rely on Mismagius for its support. I also like its attack, as it forces your opponent into mindgames in deciding whether to or not to play a Stadium card. Clefable is more a self-sustaining, self-synergetic type of effect that I just felt like making because I like these type of cycles. Ampharos showcases the type of potential I wish I could see on more official Stage 2s. I can see it being notorious in late game pressure if two or more can be set up at a time, however a bit vulnerable early game.

Mareep art by @JiJi-T
Mismagius art by dorimi
Clefable art by @double o squirtle
Ampharos art by @BigfootAUS

Last edited:

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
For some reason I really want to use Raticate BREAK as a reference for Ancient Beacon. Maybe something like this?

At any time between turns, if this Pokémon's remaining HP isn't 10, put 1 damage counter on this Pokémon.

I also feel like Clefable's HP is a pixel or two too far to the right, but that might just be my eyes. :p

Anyway, I really like this batch of cards, and especially the unique effects and art! Ancient Beacon and Mysterious Flash look really nice with the art Bigfoot made. :)

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
For some reason I really want to use Raticate BREAK as a reference for Ancient Beacon. Maybe something like this?

At any time between turns, if this Pokémon's remaining HP isn't 10, put 1 damage counter on this Pokémon.
I ended up using Faded Town, Flygon BCR and Cresselia-EX as reference for the Pokemon, since they have more Ability-like effects. I don't think the Raticate BREAK wording is accurate, as it is the wording for an attack effect, and I end up getting a bit confused with the "remaining HP isn't" type of wording, as I'm one of those people that confuse the less thans and greater thans. :p

I also feel like Clefable's HP is a pixel or two too far to the right, but that might just be my eyes. :p
True, true.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
xatu_nki_48_by_bbninjas-d9wm3vi.png
vibrava_nki_83_by_bbninjas-d9wm3iy.png
xerneas_nki_81_by_bbninjas-d9wm495.png
prism_energy_nki_112_by_bbninjas-d9wm4vb.png
Colours all round!

Unfortunately, Xatu is probably one of those cards no one will use because it is so unpredictable. It does have a bit of self sustainability, though, as it could use the confusing nature to stall while milling a bit from the opponent's deck. Vibrava is Vibrava.

Now, Xerneas is probably one of the most powerful cards in the set. It is a self-sustaining card with a high-damaging snipe attack doing 90+ damage with just a single use of Prism of Life. It is also a great support for multiple archetypes in this set. Prism of Life can also be a powerful form of Energy denial, as once attached on a Pokemon that can't use the Energy, it is going to stay there until it is Knocked Out or Super Scooped Up.

Prism Energy is the first and the only reprint of the set's 126 cards. I was a bit stuck on deciding the two Special Energy of the set, so I settled on the Prism Energy as it felt right.

Vibrava art by @double o squirtle
Xatu art by Koolaid-Girl
Xerneas art by dorimi
Prism Energy art by me! You can find a full HQ version here.

Last edited:

Purrloin

So pretty! :eek:

Your Prism art is so much better than the official one. If they stole it and printed it, I'd definitely try to get a copy before you sued the bajeezies out of them.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
gardevoir_ex_fa_nki_126_by_bbninjas-d9wvq9d.png

First. FA. EX. #HYPE

I've put off making one of these things for long enough. Though, I'd say that the wait was worthwhile. I've been able to experiment with blending modes for the right holosheets in the past, so I could make this one here shine. To be honest, I'm not sure what the big fuss is about with these Full Art EXs. Once you know what you're doing, I find them pretty simple. Except for the white outlines, since my program apparently cannot do them very well. /sigh

The idea behind this Gardevoir is that it stops your opponent from discarding any of your cards. I think Gardevoir is great to showcase this, as its PokeDex entry states that it will guard it's Trainer no matter the cost. Nice, huh?

And I only just realised that Gardevoir is one of those forbidden Pokemon that gets all of the good treatment. Whoops. And I managed to do it to Charizard too, as my first normal EX...

Stunning holosheets by @Nekoban Ryo
Gardevoir base art by @Xous
Tracings + Texturing + Art Manipulation + Holosheeting by me!

Last edited:

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
To be honest, I'm not sure what the big fuss is about with these Full Art EXs. Once you know what you're doing, I find them pretty simple. Except for the white outlines, since my program apparently cannot do them very well. /sigh
Oh, just wait 'til you get to Megas. ^.^

There's not really much I can say about this that I haven't already said over Skype, but it's really a beautiful masterpiece. Very nice, especially considering it was your first FA. ;)