TCG Fakes bbninjas' Fakes - Knightly Nights Image-Based Set - 73.0% Complete!

Discussion in 'Creative Works' started by bbninjas, Oct 23, 2014.

1. bbninjas Ready or Not!
    bbninjas

Advanced Member Member

Long time, no post.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I was browsing my old PMs and came across some completed art requests for my old KNI set that got lost in limbo, and I've since been inspired to complete the set! I've created a proper BW-era template now, so creating cards is no longer tedious like it used to be. Watch this space, finger's crossed!

Spoilers: me
    Resources: ala @aschefield101
    Art: @9Tailz, Daniela Paz Montt, Manuel Leon, Haychel, Dillan Murillo, Marco Lizama

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019

2. bbninjas Ready or Not!
    bbninjas

Advanced Member Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Another batch of cards today! Relicanth is intended to be a splashable support Pokemon for non-EX decks.

Resources: ala @aschefield101
    Art: Challoska, Daniela López, Manu Manos con Tinta, Dibujosart

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
  3. TheFlyingPidove Missing the old days
    TheFlyingPidove

Great looking cards bb! You might want to take another look at Stubborn Peck though, haha.

bbninjas likes this.
  4. TheFlyingPidove Missing the old days
    TheFlyingPidove

I believe there's still a "+" you forgot to get rid of at Stubborn Peck's damage output. ;)

5. bbninjas Ready or Not!
    bbninjas

Advanced Member Member

Oh dear, I'm not on top of it am I? :rolleyes:

Thanks for the help Pidove!

TheFlyingPidove likes this.
  6. Kangaflora Aspiring Trainer
    Kangaflora

I love your Duskull card. All the fonts on the card are spot on. I would love to see more cards done in the Sun & Moon style as I personally think you've achieved perfection in terms of faking with those blanks. Job well done.

7. bbninjas Ready or Not!
    bbninjas

Advanced Member Member

[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I've been on a faking spree for Knighlty Nights recently, inspired by other folks creating cards for the Lackey project. Expect more new cards soonish!

edit: Some of the placements are a couple of pixels off, I'll fix that eventually!

Resources: @aschefield101
    Art: Kori Arrendondo, Samuel Kactus, Tuni-kun (using a Pokken Model), Twime77

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

LEGEND resources by @aschefield101, with some edits to the LEGEND rule boxes.
    ex-era resources by @AwesomeEevee
    Castform art by me, Virizion + Suicune art by Ao-i

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
    NinJamezor and scattered mind like this.
  8. bbninjas Ready or Not!
    bbninjas

Advanced Member Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Some more new cards. Echo Chamber is by far the most interesting design in this lot, and I think there is plenty of fun strategies available through this card. It's looking like Knightly Nights will be a bit of a Stadium war!

This is the full Kingler art piece, render courtsey of OmegaOne, and edited by myself.
    [​IMG]

Art: TheOmegaOne (render only), Pokemon Go, Camilla Gonzalez, nintendo jr[/spoiler]

steffenka and Vom like this.
  9. bbninjas Ready or Not!
    bbninjas

Advanced Member Member

Some more cards. With Knightly Nights building up to have a Stadium Wars meta, I thought I might add an Ability that can search for Stadiums on Vespiquen to give Stadium players a bit of an edge. The original Vespiquen design had an Ability that prevented the opponent from drawing with Supporters, and an attack that prevented your opponent from attaching basic Energy, but both are gone due to balance reasons. Nidorina's Final Feast was a fun way to spice up an otherwise boring Stage 1 card.

Art: Camyllea, Maximiliano Clipper, Twime and screenshot from a Pokemon TCG Youtube Video

steffenka likes this.
  10. bbninjas Ready or Not!
    bbninjas

Advanced Member Member

New cards! I wanted Wikstrom to equalise player's hands Copycat-style, but sometimes it seriously benefited the opponent instead of the player, and so I couldn't get the balance right. Decided to go with Hugh. Lopunny is designed to be an obvious go-to tech for Mega Evolution decks, and being a Stage 1, to boost the draw potential of Battle Chatelaines for those decks.

Anime screenshots actually work fantastically for the background of Supporters, especially once you up the contrast!

[​IMG]

Art: 000Sans000, TheAdorableOshwatt (background edited by me, using stock resources from Unsplash), Ken Sugimori (using Anime screenshots as backgrounds)

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
  11. bbninjas Ready or Not!
    bbninjas

Advanced Member Member

Some more NKI cards!

Art: MeluuArts, Sindorman, Desinho, myself (using a stock image of the Mega Ring toy product).

12. bbninjas Ready or Not!
    bbninjas

Advanced Member Member

A few more cards that I did a few months back but forgot to post.

Art: GoldenLionOfRa (background from another painting by the artist), ishman, BigfootAUS (he did this art years ago for me!), Max LaRachelle (for supplying a stock image; I edited the PokeBall into it).

Jabberwock likes this.
  13. bbninjas Ready or Not!
    bbninjas

Advanced Member Member

Some more cards! I really like Cincinno - its designed to be an Item bank, so you can attach cards that you might otherwise discard with Supporters like Professor Juniper / the other guy. It also makes techs a bit more viable. Cincinno being KO'd or having its Ability turned out causes all Items to be discarded, making them wasted, and you can only drop or retrieve an Item once per turn with it -- so I think it's balanced.

Blanks: Aschefield
    Art: TheAdorableOshawatt (background using Unsplash stock images and edited by me), Golett by Marcos Rodrigues on DA, Royal Scepter model by Daiger1975, render by Omega, background by me; Beauty by Ken Sugimori, background is an Anime screenshot (edited by me)

14. bbninjas Ready or Not!
    bbninjas

Advanced Member Member

Finally revealing the fourth and final mega in the set!

Art: Xous, Autobot Tesla (DA), Darrok (DA), BigfootAUS

Jabberwock likes this.

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?