'Basic Energy Box' Releasing This Month!

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
Rofl these are the Energy boxes they started distributing through the Ultra Prism prerelease kits. The code card is indeed for the 450 energies (50 of each type) as I have redeemed one....useless lol.

$20USD? What a rip. I know someone who I could buy it from for $15NZD.

dollyholly

Aspiring Trainer
I would say it's late to be posting April Fool's jokes this far into April but too bad this is a real thing that has been confirmed. EWWWWW. Seems pointless, because that's the purpose of buying an ETB ever

arulz

THE SEEKER
This has been in my local card shop for months now. They still haven't sold any lol...$25 CAD

Animegamer420

Aspiring Trainer
If they were holo energies maybe id care. Or a variety of the checker ones from BW and the art ones from HGSS

treyh37

Watcher of Thorns
was wondering why for the last prerelease the basic energy box changed, guess so they can try and sell the excess they printed, had these for sale since ultra prism prerelease, don't think any of them have sold course my league is a bit small atm.

maybe if they had made it a cool box you could store a couple decks in but its just a regular brown cardboard box.

fluffy_trex

Delcatty lady
Weird for sure. My local shop has been selling these for several months now, and for 15 euros a piece. But then again, I believe they were leftovers from prereleases and such.

Rcxd9999

Aspiring Trainer
While this is almost completely useless for experienced players, it makes entering the competitive environment significantly more inviting as this is a much easier way to collect the energy you'll need to build decks, rather than just getting one random energy per booster or having to buy a bad theme deck to get a small amount of energy cards.

BENDsli

Aspiring Trainer
While this is almost completely useless for experienced players, it makes entering the competitive environment significantly more inviting as this is a much easier way to collect the energy you'll need to build decks, rather than just getting one random energy per booster or having to buy a bad theme deck to get a small amount of energy cards.

This last round of theme decks were decent, Empoleon and Garchomp make decent budget decks for people just trying to start playing

Luxinity

Elegant Cosplayer
Hmm. basically an ETB
PLUS Side:
+Tons of energy
Minus side:
-no GX marker, no damage counter dice
-No binder or box to keep the stuff on
-Not even a single pack...

Rcxd9999

Aspiring Trainer
This last round of theme decks were decent, Empoleon and Garchomp make decent budget decks for people just trying to start playing

I will agree that these recent theme decks were actually playable but almost all other theme decks are quite horrible and unless we see more good theme decks from here on out, theme decks might continue being bad, which is why this energy pack is so helpful for beginning players who need energy cards.

Ghidreigon

Aspiring Trainer
don't buy this, many players at leagues will be more than happy to give you energy cards if you need them.

Volkner123

Better Pokemon trainer than Ash will ever be
Well if people have a budget for how much they have to buy then they could use this...But I can't see it used any other way

FacepalmMaster

1 2 3 5 6 7 8 9
Guzzlord doesn't won any tournaments. Don't put your high hopes up
I don't care that it doesn't win tournaments. It's always been my dream to make a 1 Guzzlord 59 energy deck, bit before this m=box releases, I guess I'll be stuck with a 2 Guzzlord 58 energy deck :(