Banjo-Kazooie

shadowumbreon

aka bulba
Talk about Banjo-Kazooie here.

Banjo Kazooie is my favourite game. It even ranks higher then pokemon. I remember beating this game at least 3 times. I originally beat this game like 8 years ago, but I still occasionally play it today.

One very big thing has just about ruined the series though. Rare was sold to Microsoft for $377000000. Now Banjo kazooie has been announced for a release on the Xbox 360 this holiday season. I have been a long time Nintendo fan and I will be getting an Xbox 360 specifically for this game only. It will never be the same though. The saddest part about this though is that it is Nintendo's fault a bit. Banjo Kazooie 3 was in the works for the Gamecube. Nintendo should have atleast made Rare finish Banjo Kazooie before they joined Microsoft.

If you have played this game before as a kid then you should check out my video's on youtube. No matter how many times you beat the game they will still be new to you.

I have both the games made for the n64 but for some reason aint beat either one and idk why lol Its a very fun game to play but for some reason i just never finished it lol

i have beat both games just not 100% (marry canary in cloud cou cou land Banjoo twooie is impossible to beat) i bet $999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 that if rare would of stayed with nintendo Banjo and Kazooie would of made it into brawl.

i hate the new DK games now.

Lofaking I too never beat Canary Mary but I did beat literally everything else in those games.

I'm a HUGE Banjo/Rare fan and I bought the Xbox 1 and 360 mainly for Rare games. Most have been letdowns but the games that the Banjo team worked on (Grabbed by the Ghoulies, Viva Pinata) were good in my opinion. Ghoulies is very unpopular, I know, but it had the same feel as Banjo-Kazooie in a very strong way and I liked it for that.

Anyway, I'm excited for this game and hope it has the same feeling that B-K had. I've been waiting for this game a looong time and while I know it's unreasonable to think it will be perfect I just hope they don't mess it up in any way.

Also, if they had finished Banjo 3 on the Gamecube then you'd just be missing out on Banjo 4 this time around.

edit: Oh wow, you were serious about being a huge fan. Lol. I see your youtube channel is dedicated to B-K. I was certain I was the biggest Banjo fan here, but dang. Did you ever play Banjo Pilot or GR? I have them both. :]

Here's a bunch of screenshots of the game, guys:
http://s248.photobucket.com/albums/gg181/xblah/other/

It's going to be called Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts

Also since those pics were leaked early, Rare's going to officially announce everything on the game tomorrow and so are a lot of the press.

I always wanted to try the game out but I never got the chance when it was on the N64. I did not know that Rare was sold. That explains why there are no more Killer Instinct games made. That game was the hottest selling game of 95 and KI Gold was the hottest selling game in 97. After that the hottest selling games was the Smash Bros Series. Rare made a lot of cool games like the Donkey Kong Country games also. Why did Microsoft have to buy them out?:)

Nintendo willfully let it happen. They no longer wanted Rare for whatever reason. I've heard EA was almost going to buy Rare, actually.

I noticed you had an account on BT Hive Porygon. But were did you get those images in that photobucket link? Am I allowed to use those?

Banjo-Kazooie is awesome. I own the first game and used to have the second, and I've thoroughly whooped both games. Will I get a 360 exclusively for B-K 3? Probably not. At least... not right away. But it certainly would give me an excuse to buy one, wouldn't it?

They were leaked by some website. They're everywhere now and even on Rare's site so yeah as long as you don't directly link the images everywhere and waste that guy's photobucket bandwidth (if they even have that?) it should be fine.

There's a trailer for the game at http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=coJDRxIbmb0 It's a different one though, not the one seen in Porygon's avatar.

There's tons of new videos, screens and pics out there. They're having a new level called Banjoland that will just be a stage filled with objects from B-K and B-T all over the place, a blatant nostalgia fan service stage, but I can't complain. :]

Anyway the fan reaction of this game has been very mixed and there's a lot of shock and negative reaction to the new idea. I'm a bit uneasy about it myself, it looks like an awesome game but I can't help but think it would have been more appropriate with new characters and just left Banjo games at being Banjo games. But I'm getting quickly used to the new concept so I probably will just enjoy it and not care by the time it comes out.

I'm a bit worried about the vehicles. I honestly can't stand racing games except for Mario Kart. They said it won't be a racing game though. I'm a little bit confused.

Here's an interview the creator of Banjo about the game. It's a really good interview.
http://mundorare.com/features/the-lord-of-the-games-chat-log/

Um wow, OK, wasn't expecting that at all. I think you're right, it would have been better suited to other characters- part of me is worrying that rare is relying upon familiar faces instead of rave reviews in order to shift copies, but only time will tell.

Maybe it's just me and my lack of x-box knowledge, but it feels as though the last Awesome game Rare made was Kameo. And I mean proper Awesome, with a capital A, the kind of Awesome that gave us Goldeneye, Diddy Kong racing and, indeed, the orginal Banjo. Please break this curse Rare and give us an Awesome game once again.

:)

This game looks much better than Kameo in my opinion. No, I didn't actually play the game but I did play the two demos they had. In fact this looks like a really cool game to me, I'm positive it will be great. The only problem it has is not 'feeling' right. Honestly, reading a lot of what they say about the game makes the customization sound like it's going to be a lot of fun and give us a lot of options. It won't be like the last Banjo games, but it'll be a great concept that works I'm sure.

From what I hear, much of the creative team left to form Free Radical, which might explain why Rare's style suddenly shifted.

I've seen screenshots of Banjp-Threeie, and bad game or not, it looks superb at the artistic level. The visual style is very creative, especially the clockwork forest place and Gruntilda's new "wheelchair," and the 360 can certainly process this game's level of detail and water physics without breaking a sweat.

There is only one thing I'm scared about the new Banjo Koozie. It's supose to be a platformer and the only platforming I see in the trailer is one jump. The rest of the time he is in some machine.

Back