bad dreams/ afraid to go to sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skymin

What is winning without the losers?
Yeah, I know it sounds crazy sometimes but this happens to me all the time, sometimes I watch a lil bit of a scary movie on accident then I end up overexadurating at night and I can't sleep, there are times were I don't sleep for a whole week, any advice?

I have the same troubles. It really sucks. :(

However, there are some solutions.

-Sleep with a lamp on. This really helps. After all, if there's no shadows to play tricks on your mind, you should fall asleep faster.
-Watch a ton of good movies, particularly those that make you laugh. They'll take the place of the dark images that the horror movies give you.

Good luck. :)

Stop watching things that scare you. I don't really know how you do that on accident. :S

As for bad dreams, I have them a lot, but I know they won't hurt me so I just realize that and go to sleep. It's like, bring it on.

There's not really much to do except try and not think of it. D: Avoid pills though.

Know what I do when that happens? I imagine some awesome way to get out of it. I usually end up horrendously mangling my attacker with newly acquired super-powers. (No joke, this is what I do).

It's just your imagination. The most scary thing in the world is your own imagination. If I may ask, what movies are you watching?

I managed to get through this by thinking of something. If I don't open my eyes then I can'tsee it right? Therefore demon/being of scaryness=non-existant. yay!

Don't sleep with the light on. I found that it lets you see the shadow's and it keeps me awake. And It makes me look behind me.

Try to avoid opening your eyes but don't scrunch them up.

(I know it sounds childish) But If you really can't bear it walk slowly to your parents room and ask if you can sleep with them. I don't know how strict your parents are though so it might not work for you xD. Only use this as a last resort.

Imagine your demon thing doing something embarrasing. I know it sounds silly but it worked for me ;P. I saw the nightmare before christmas when I was... four and I was REALLY scared of the 'monster under the stairs' and the witches. So I pretended they all were covered in cream and stirred into a pie.. Tasty

Well thats all I got for you ;P, hope it gets better soon.

read and then just keeep playing the scene over and over in your head till yuo fall asleep

Medaforcer said:
Stop watching things that scare you. I don't really know how you do that on accident. :S

As for bad dreams, I have them a lot, but I know they won't hurt me so I just realize that and go to sleep. It's like, bring it on.

There's not really much to do except try and not think of it. D: Avoid pills though.

A commercial comes on and it shows a scary preview, I change the channel as fast as I can. =P
Eh, I'm traumatized by my mirror which is right in front of my bed. =/

I have the same thing, I have the most vivid imagination and it's a pain, I sleep with the TV on, I have to or my mind starts running. However If I have something bad in my mind and can't get it out, I use my imagination to my advantage. For example, I saw I Am Legend late on night on pay per view, I loved the movie but in bed I kept thinking one of the zombie things was just going to jump into my window. So here is what I did, I started thinking that the disease which was a pandemic, spread quicker in densely populated areas such as New York City or Los Angeles, not the suburb of St. Louis where I am, so I figured if it were to break out at night it wouldn't travel fast enough to get to where I was in the morning, the next morning I wake up, don't think about it, slept like a baby the next night. Just try and think logically about things that may terrify you, then you will see straight through them.

EDIT: It's not easy to just to not watch things that scare you, I love watching Ghost Hunters (I think it's on the History Channel, not sure, I'm probably wrong) Anyway it's a show where these guys investigate hauntings and go to places with a lot of paranormal activity, like the tower of London. Great show but scares the crap out of me when I'm trying to sleep, I must have gone for a week without sleeping after watching the marathon, everyonce in a while if it's on I'll click it on, it's just something you kind of have to get use to.

I don't think , Shannon(is it?) who is 14 will go to bed with her parents....

Just think of a really scary ghost and eat it!

Since it's all in your imagination, use that as your weapon. Imagine that you put up a mystic forcefield, that you have superpowers, or that you threw the scary thing to the other side of the world. I know it sounds crazy, but it works. and I watch horror movies all the time, so I'd know. :p

#1weavile said:
I don't think , Shannon(is it?) who is 14 will go to bed with her parents....

Just think of a really scary ghost and eat it!

You don't know that...... Lol

Anyways, yeah sometimes I'll end up thinking about awesome things and I'll forget about the scary stuff. I always use my imagination, but its not that strong at night X/ Usually I start singing "Message in a bottle" and then I knock out.

But if it's something that can really happen, I get really nervous at night. Like I saw that movie the Quaratine and I was like RATS ARE GANNA GET ME!!!!!!! Not that I can't watch a scary movie, but i know I'll over exaggerated at night.

hmm... keep a pet like a dog/ cat in your room. Imagine that they attack the attacker and scare them off. It's worked for me in the past.

I have my fish, he is like my little monster fighter 8D
*Yeah, it is stupid, but I LOVE my fish Alot* XD

I've been having this problem too. Just watch something funny or a favorite movie, and try thinking about that. Sleep with the door open so you don't feel traped and leave a light on somewhere. Another thing I did was stay up until I couldn't fight it and feel asleep without knowning, but I felt so horrible in the morning.

This realy worked for me-
Have somone sleep in the room with you like a brother/sister/ect. or sleepover at a friend house. I went over to my cousins' house and slept over, and we have lots of fun and then I forgot why I was scared. But this thread has reminded me and now I won't sleep right. :(

Problem: Insomnia
Solution: Usually drugs, at least I'd recommend them. If not, think about something else, go to bed really late when you're tired, or wake up early so you're tired the next night.

dmaster out.

YAAAAAY!

Not really, but I've always thought I was the only one who had this problem. I wish none of you had it as well, but at least now I don't feel weird. :/ Once I went to YouTube to turn on some music and I saw this commercial for a movie rated R. I had problems sleeping for like, the next week. (Shouldn't that be illegal, kids go there to. x3)

Not to be telling you to have weapons under your bed but it helps some people *cough* my cousin *cough*. Sleep with lights on and just stuff your face into the bed so you can't see. If you wake up from dreams that are bad drink so water and go back to sleep. I don't know how this is happening to me *not about this topic* I wake up and finds like my phone on the floor and like pillows on the floor and my lights on. I lock my bedroom door so I think I'm doing stuff while I sleep. :O also I don't think I have dreams anymore xP or I forget them. Weird huh? ._.

SotH said:
Medaforcer said:

A commercial comes on and it shows a scary preview, I change the channel as fast as I can. =P
Eh, I'm traumatized by my mirror which is right in front of my bed. =/

Remove things from your room that scare you then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back