bacon's Art Thread

RE: Bacon's Art Thread- Tyranitar Added

Yeah, a tad too fat for my tastes. I know what you were trying to do and you're a great hand-drawn artist, bacon, but it just didn't work here for me.

dmaster out.

Tyranitar's body before his armor makes him look like he is part Blissey. ._.

OMG I love it I like the he is bulkier to represent that while tyranitar is a physical beast it can take hits too this pic ties into its pokedex entries and the fact that its the Armor pokemon.

Charizard88 said:
Tyranitar's body before his armor makes him look like he is part Blissey. ._.

Cheers for the in-depth critique, I can really improve as an artist now thanks to your wise words.

Anyway, I had some free time this weekend so I decided to draw...

sala.png

...Salamence! Just black and white, as I don't really have the correct colours for it at the moment so I'll have to wait until I'm back home for christmas.

I decided to give him a mean expression because a lot of Salamence work portrays his more mischievous side. He's probably angry about being dropped to the 6th most used Pokemon in OU, and handing his title of "most popular dragon" to Latias (who is now 3rd in usage behind Gyarados and, of course, Scizor). But who knows? When you're a dragon with ridiculously good stats and moves, it's not as if you really need reasons...

Competitive analysis: Salamence is going to rip your face off and there's not much you can do about it

EDIT: Whoops, my bad. Salamence has now climbed back to 2nd place, I was reading Octobers usage stats and not Novembers!

RE: Bacon's Art Thread- Salamence Added

Salamence is awesome (I need better adjectives). =D

I think your style really suits the picture, and I'm liking the pose you gave it too.

Nice work. :3

Competitive analysis. I find this to be a true statement. Anyways, Salmanace looks really good! Noice job Bacon.

I found a decent-ish blue lurking under my bed, so now he's coloured. It came out very bright, but I actually kind of like how that works with the pen shading.

One thing I forgot to mention before is the pose. Those of you who played Red/Blue might find it strangely familiar?

I love it! it is very well done I loved the pen shading you used as well. The only thing is on Salamence's wing did you rush it or something or trying to make it as black as possible cause you can see where the paper has "creased" from the pen not to much to worry about though I do it all the time it can't be helped most of the time.

RE: Bacon's Art Thread- Salamence (colour) Added

Yeah, I get the creasing quite a lot with heavy shading (there are other areas too, but they are not visible in the scan). I have a pen that can shade large black sections without ruining the paper, but it's very blotchy and risky to use, sadly.

either way its a top tier drawing and I loves it!

I can't remember if I commented here or not. D:

If not, I'm sorry. Your artwork is really amazing. A lot of it makes me think of something I would see in a professional comic. I'm so jealous of your shading and traditional coloring.

Your 'freaky doodles' remind me of some Duel Masters trading card illustrations I've seen in the past. They're very detailed, but really freaky.

Out of all your work I've seen, I think my favorite is... crap, I can't decide. ><
I really like the water-bug thing, Tank Rotom, Garchmop, Steelix, Scizor, Salamence...

Bacon, I shall send you art supplies to continue your awesomeness. I like your shading techniques, although I can never do it my self. You continue to impress. This is exactly what you don't get payed for!

Bumpy bump

Me and llucario messing around on this really cool site called iScribble. Drawing straight from a tablet is a pretty alien concept for me, so AS YOU CAN SEE my stab at Jirachi isn't so great. llucario's slick drawing is on the right (me in Eevee form, and I'm green for some reason :0 )

iScribble1.png

After a bit of practice I discover the technique of not-completely-sucking, and try drawing Latias (which turns out pretty OK imo). llucario opts for Flygon.

iScribble2.png

Just figured I'd post some updates as my thread is collecting dust here. Also if anyone else wants to jam on iScribble then post here (it's really cool!)

Have you heard of Open Canvas? It's like a mix of iScribble and Photoshop, from what I gather.

Anyhoo, I lieks teh Latias. :3 Backgrounds help! And I had no idea you had a tablet :0 What kind? Wacom?

Yeah I have a tablet, but I rarely use it. It's a Trust tablet, although I hear good things about Wacom. Never tried Open Canvas (or any other site aside from iScribble), but I'll give it a go soon!

Actually while I have this thread up, some other stuff:

Billionth drawing of Malovole (sorry PMJ I can just never pronounce Malolevolololwldoecvle)

malovoleV900000.png

And a robot 'cause everyone likes those right??? It's an enemy from a game called Blue Dragon, but as I did the design from memory while I was on a train it's probably not that accurate...

robotpewpew.png

RE: Bacon's Art Thread- Robots (pew pew), moles and bad drawings added

Yay, another Iscribble scribbler. :D
I don't have a tablet, so I usually don't get on.

Anyways, I just love your Latias. It is ever so cute. <3
And your Malovole, is amazing.

Keep up the good work. ;D​

Back