bacon's Art Thread

RE: scampy's stuff- Jirachi added

*BUMP*

Recently I have been drawing Pokemon I frequently use on Shoddy Battle. Jirachi was one of them. The others are,

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f141/scampy789/Gengar.png

Gengar is cool because he will always take out at least one opposing Pokemon on the team. Nothing can solidly counter this guy, Hypnosis and Explosion make sure of that. Focus Blast and Shadow Ball are extremely powerful coming off of a Life Orb Gengar, the former being able to 2HKO the bulkiest of Snorlax.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f141/scampy789/Heatran.png

I tend to run a Shuca Berry Heatran and fool the opponent into thinking I am scarfed. This is very useful as it allows me to pick and choose who I want to explode on, removing incoming Blissey/Bulky waters from play. Choosing who lives and who dies allows me to control the battle, which is very nice.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f141/scampy789/Kingdra.png

Rain Dance Kingdra is a beast, and no you don't need to run it in a fully fledged Rain Dance team for it to be effective. Very few things can take on a Rain Dance Kingdra, and it's difficult to revenge kill given its high speed and resistance to Bullet Punch. Total monster late game I love it.

As before I only used the sprites for reference so whatever if the anatomy is not 100% :<

RE: Yum bacon- Kingdra, Heatran and Gengar added

hahahaha
i love how you introduce art with battle strategies.
anyways, they are simple, yet nice. great as always

Kingdra and Gengar are epic win. Heatran is odd, mostly the whatevers on the top-side-thing of it's head. Would you mind if I made an avatar out of Jirachi?

Gengar and kingdra get an A+. Hetran is OK. I don't like the pose, and the head looks kind of wierd. Good work overall.

Gengar and Kingdra are both awesome! Heatran looks a little odd, but still good.
Kingdra is one of my favorite Pokemon to use while battling. =D

How do you colour in like that, bacon? Now I know what Epic is....

OMGZ I love the Kingdra so cool but simplistic makes my kingdra look lame Ilove your coloring as well thats Pimp and I love the Heatran its Redonkulously cute!

Small update. I participated in Smogon's Create-A-Pokemon project, where artists were asked to draw a Ground/Dark type that fit a certain stat build (high HP and attack, pretty fast) as well as two seperate abilites (Guts, and an ability at the time labled just as Auto-Magic Coat). Here's what I came up with.

FinalMole-2.png

Alternate pose

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f141/scampy789/Mole22.jpg

My entry is loosely based on the mole. CAP9 is a cocky and arrogant Pokemon that always strives to make itself more powerful. It typically burrows its way into peoples homes (and the occasional ancient tomb) to steal valuables, and what it desires most of all are objects with mystical properties that can help increase its strength.

The amulet on CAP9's head is symbolic of its role in a team. Amulets are objects that supposedly protect the owner from ill effects, which fits CAP9's purpose of "stopping the secondary" pretty well. It also works well with CAP9's custom ability, the Auto-Magic Coat.

The build of my design is pretty general, but I think it fits with the current stat spreads being submitted. It's pretty chunky so has high HP, the pose shows he can be pretty fast, claws show a high attack power... yeah. If you were wondering about the height, I'd say this guy is roughly 5ft tall. The Ground typing is shown by the fact that it's a mole, and the Dark shown by the fact it's a thief (as well as having your typical mean looking eyes). I didn't want to resort to showing types by colours (hence the purple), because personality and concepts are just as important in representing typing as the design itself.

This guy came in at a tied 11th on the 1st art poll, so all in all I'm pretty happy with the number of votes it got (especially as the competition was so good). Upon reflection, I probably should have emphasized my entries "gimmick" more in the design, as well as given it some more supporting art. I learned that things really need to stand out in order to suceed in the polls. Ah well, there's always next time!

And for the curious, a burrowing Narwhal with drills won the final poll, named Colossoil. He's pretty beastly.

Malevolole \o/

The next thing I want to see in this thread is Honchkrow (although I will forgive you if it ends up being that other thing I asked you to draw a while ago) ;D

You're so great at making Pokemon, Bacon. The design looks great. I love it! :]

I saw the one that won. There's no way anything else came close. ;o Your's was a good entry though, bacon. Reminded me of Ursaring.

dmaster out.

I barely read the comment on the kingdra drawing you did I love the kingdra and totally agree with you my Raindance Kingdra is a beast and has no problem sweeping a team.

I'm also interested in any drawing you might be doing especially the one done in the shading style to my wobbuffet you commented on.

I'm not really working on anything at the moment due to most of my free time being eaten up by Uni work sadly. Plus I guess you could say I'm in a art rut at the moment, all the stuff I've been doing... I dunno man, it just feels... blargh, like I'm not really progressing with it at all?

I did make a note to myself to try your Wobby shading style the next time I do a piece of art. Another style I have been looking at is the infinitely cool shading used for the concept art in one of my favourite games, Majora's Mask (example). I have also been hooked on Disney movies lately because the animation used in those tells you a lot about facial expressions, anatomy, and colouring :)

I feel like a lot of my stuff here is a bit too simple, basic and err rigid to an extent (I know I am good with shading but the actual poses/colours/etc can be improved upon so much), so the next thing I post is going to be stepping up a gear or two. 8)

EDIT: Actually for the sake of having a proper update, I did draw these in my maths lecture (it's OK, the lecturer is so bad I wouldn't have understood her even if I were paying attention)...

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f141/scampy789/FruitAndVeg.jpg

AHEM YES.

RE: Yum bacon- Mole Fakemon thing added

Ahahaha, those are great. The banana is hilarious. Good job :p

EDIT: What is that thing hanging on the left side of the potato?

bacon: That's just one of those little strings of rubber you get on the page when you use an eraser, I guess it somehow stuck to the page when I scanned it in.

RE: Yum bacon- Mole Fakemon thing and the 5-a-day gang added

I love the Flygon. That's just...amazing.

Ttarrrr

TTar.png

Actually not finished as Tyranitar still needs to be colored. However a lot of people like Flygon and Venomoth (also not colored) so I figured I would post something in the halfway stage of completion. This was something of a speed drawing, taking about 1 and a half hours... which is positively light speed by my standards. I was meaning to diverge a little from my usual shading style, but that's really not going to become too apparent until it's finished.

Keeping with tradition, I've written a very brief summary on how Tyranitar is played in OU for any of you trainers new to the competitive scene, so I hope you budding superstars find it useful!

I guess the sets you have to be afraid of are Choice Banders who can (and will) rip a hole in your team before going down, the Dragon Dancers who can sweep you with Tyranitar's exceptional movepool, and the occasional LureTTar who likes to feign a Choice Band, fooling the opponent in bringing out their Scizor, and then frying it with a sudden Fire Punch/Flamethrower. In other words, Tyranitar is a very unpredictable Pokemon and you should try to have multiple ways of dealing with it. While Tyranitar's huge list of weaknesses certainly bring him down, never underestimate his bulk- the Special Defense boost from Sandstorm allows Tyranitar to soak up special attacks with ease so long as he's not weak to them.

For all its offensive and defensive strengths though, Tyranitar can still be stopped. Preying on those weaknesses is the key. Machamp is possibly the best answer to Tyranitar, as it resists Dark and Rock attacks, and can fire off Dynamic Punch that will easily OHKO Tyranitar. Tough ground types like Swampert, Gliscor and Hippowdon can all take on Tyranitar and come out on top, but they need to be cautious as Tyranitar also has a very usable special attack stat and is not afraid of using Ice Beam. Skarmory can stall out a Tyranitar so long as it's not running Fire Punch or Fire Blast. Scizor and Jirachi can revenge kill Tyranitar with physical Steel attacks, but be verrrrrrry careful as a lot of players are running Babiri Berry (removes weakness to Steel for a turn) and Fire Punch. If all else fails, just take advantage of the fact that Tyranitar is a very slow Pokemon and hit as hard as you can with super effective attacks- it will go down eventually!

EDIT: Yeah I drew him slightly fatter to emphasize his defensive abilities. As we all know, in the land of Pokemon obesity equates to health... those HP Ups are high in calories I guess. :0

I like the pose you gave it. It represents its personality, and role on most teams. Great once again Bacon.

RE: Bacon's Art Thread- Tyranitar Added

holy twinkies he is fat

Back