eI_at10s

Your resident Latios fan-boy.
Geez, I'm sinking farther with every post I make...

How is it that everybody I'm seeing has a giant avatar?
I tried uploading one, and it has to be 70 by 70.
That's frikin' small!
a crap lot smaller than everybody elses.

So what's up?
Was there no size limit for a time?
And when (if) it changed, no one changed it so they remain huge?

Sorry for the bad wording...

you have to use the URL of the image, the limit is only for uploaded images

to get the URL of an image, try uploading it at imageshack.us or anoher image host

the mods said that u cant have more than 150 x 150 (URL), but they cant really do much abt it, lots of ppls have huge avatars

150 x 150 should be the maximum size, or thereabouts. Otherwise, it starts to affect the layout of each page, and it becomes more difficult to read posts because it is too distracting.

We will enforce the policy for large avatars. If you see a member that you think has an avatar that is too large, can you please let me know about it?

Speaking of which, your avatar size is 200 x 200 pixels. Can you please change it or resize it?

TYranitarFReak said:
the mods said that u cant have more than 150 x 150 (URL), but they cant really do much abt it, lots of ppls have huge avatars
Like Doc said, that is going to change. Large signatures and large avatars are too distracting. There is no need for an avatar to be 200x200, that is far too big. There are free downloadable image programs, like IrfanView, which can resize images to any size you want. So you can use those to fit your current avatars inside the requirements.

And Absol your current avatar is 200x150, can you reduce it down by 50 so it ends up being 150x100? That would be better :)

Abhorsen said:
And Absol your current avatar is 200x150, can you reduce it down by 50 so it ends up being 150x100? That would be better :)

Like this? OMG this avatar Absol-utely suck!!! I want a nice avatar as much as following PB's rules, but we have to let bagons be bagons, right :D ?

Well.. you can still have the same picture but just a smaller size. If you send me the original, or give me the link which you got it from, then I can resize it and give you the URL to upload for the forums.

To other people, no i'm not resizing avatars as a job here, lol. This is a one off thing only, if Absol wants to do it...

Well, you could first upload the Picture you want from sites or other pictures desired. Then, you use Paint to do any modifications and complete it with the correct size with Microsoft Picture Manager which can Crop, Recolo(u)r and Resize images.

Then go to any Website that can upload files like Photobucket or Imageshack. Then browse your files for that picture and upload it. Imageshack Provides a system to Resize your Picture. Just go to your CP and change your Avatar by inserting the URL into it.

But always remember, the maximum size is 150X150, but some people got way off and put 200X200+. Just keep it small, simple and nice!

Yea, I believe my avvy is within that size requirement.

Either way, don't stretch out the layout. As long as you do that, it should be fine(of course it has to be appropiate XD )

EDIT: Just checked, mine is 180 x 160. IMO, that isn't too bad. Any problems with it? (cuz its the funniest avatar on PB! XD )

RE:  Avatar Size

Metal Master said:
EDIT: Just checked, mine is 180 x 160. IMO, that isn't too bad. Any problems with it? (cuz its the funniest avatar on PB! XD )

^Not really...

Anyways, Doc said to me when I had a HUGE avvie, not to go over 150 X 150. *coughMetalMasterandmegametangcough*

Metal Master said:
Yea, I believe my avvy is within that size requirement.

Either way, don't stretch out the layout. As long as you do that, it should be fine(of course it has to be appropiate XD )

And it's also 1395.29KB. IMO that's a little too big for an avatar. It doesn't affect me but some people who are tight on downloads or have 56K will suffer a little from an avatar that size. We don't mind if you have moving avatars, as long as it's not an entire movie or episode of something... We'd prefer if it were in the 150x150 limits.

And Tyranitarfreak, have you ignored this or have you just not seen this thread since your last post? Your avatar is too big and will need to be resized or removed.

RE:  Avatar Size

Abhorsen said:
Well.. you can still have the same picture but just a smaller size. If you send me the original, or give me the link which you got it from, then I can resize it and give you the URL to upload for the forums.

To other people, no i'm not resizing avatars as a job here, lol. This is a one off thing only, if Absol wants to do it...

Cool! Is it for free or do I have to give you 50 AUD? :p
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b6/AbsolJumping.jpg
Thanks!

Back