Finished Avalon (The Resistance) -- Game 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Avalon (The Resistance) -- Game 3 - Sign Ups Close on the 25th at 1 PM GMT

OK I'm here. I have randomized roles and rev3rsor will be the veterinary player in this game, as chosen by RANDOM.org. The roles are also chosen by RANDOM.org.

Please do not talk in thread until I say you may. Roles are being sent out, and... this is standard procedure. WanderingWolf screwed up last game by stating he had his role lol.

Also, if you do not receive a Role PM you are a regular resistance member. Aim to root out the spies, guys!

RE: Avalon (The Resistance) -- Game 3 - Twilight

You may now post. If you did not receive a Role PM you are a regular resistance member. Do your best for the town!

PMJ has substituted for GM Draclord. I mistakenly had him as both a substitution and an active player. Host mistake #1

RE: Avalon (The Resistance) -- Game 3 - Round 1

Keeper of Night said:
So... Who gets to suggest a team again?

cff.png

No one.

Keeper of Night said:
So... Who gets to suggest a team again?

... I only have an iPad right now, and will do until tomorrow. Just go with the order of sign ups...

Host mistake number 2.

Well it's the first mission with nothing to go off of, so I'll just pick these guys and vote YES:

Porygon-X, Scorched Feathers and PMJ

No sense in voting no. There's four resistance and three spies, so the odds are at least... Goodish.

YES

Ok everyone! Vote for approve or reject!

Please remember that I am testing out a new way to play! You must PM your votes to me! Yaaaaay.

Edit: I'll let it slide KoN. I said that there were new rules in both the OP and an extra post. Please read them everyone, as there are even more new rules than just the new structure.

Celever said:
Please remember that I am testing out a new way to play! You must PM your votes to me! Yaaaaay.

... Okay, that's a little silly given how that helps the town find who the spies are, and both teams trying to find who Merlin is... But okay.

So yeah, no sense not voting this through.

Wow, that's a dumb rule. -.-
It effectively takes away one of our only ways of figuring out who is who, just like in WW.
Also, that takes away a ton of discussion... Really no reason to post unless it's our turn to make a team (which will be mostly random even longer due to not knowing who voted what).

I highly recommend you change the rule back.

To avoid it turning into a guessing game (which aren't allowed) voting must be done publicly in the thread. To avoid confusion it's best to contact a FG moderator when you want to make gameplay changes to an approved game.

The votes will be made public after everyone has voted, this is just to stop early votes influencing later ones. You can still talk freely in-thread. I guess I didn 't put giving the roles back in the OP...

I am 100% sure that I mentioned it to you though Drohn...

Host mistake #3

Celever said:
The votes will be made public after everyone has voted, this is just to stop early votes influencing later ones. You can still talk freely in-thread. I guess I didn 't put giving the roles back in the OP...

The point is that other's votes should affect our decisions.
That's the entire point.

The game looks fun to me so no worries about the mistake. You didn't mention the rule to me before. You also didn't say you would make the votes public, which makes it very different again. Sometimes players want to see the votes of certain people (that are under suspicion) before voting, so I want the majority to decide on that rule for the next round. Please PM me your preference and I'll post the result here tomorrow.

For the current round please continue voting here, since some already did.

Keeper of Night said:
Celever said:

That's the entire point.

In real life, everyone votes at the same time. This rule is a measure to replicate the original game as much as possible.

Celever said:

I am 100% sure that I mentioned it to you though Drohn...

Host mistake #3

Ah, I didn't know that the votes would be revealed publicly and non-anonymously. Okay, that makes more sense gameplay-wise.

Porygon-X said:
Keeper of Night said:
That's the entire point.

In real life, everyone votes at the same time. This rule is a measure to replicate the original game as much as possible.

This is also how it is done on the website, which I have admittedly more experience with than on forums. I just wanted to try it and see if the more realistic approach changed the game for e better or at all. I mean, you can still state what you voted for in-thread, knowing that it will become public afterwards.

Celever said:
Porygon-X said:

This is also how it is done on the website, which I have admittedly more experience with than on forums. I just wanted to try it and see if the more realistic approach changed the game for e better or at all. I mean, you can still state what you voted for in-thread, knowing that it will become public afterwards.

Voting in-thread generates discussion. Otherwise, as I said before, there's little point in posting much besides the teams you suggest.
It also makes every player be active in-thread, prevents lurking and hiding, and therefor gives better results.
If you don't require votes in-thread, how do you plan on people staying active? You can't ask for us to make a post a phase (or whatever) if you put most of the game in PMs.

Keeper of Night said:
Celever said:

Voting in-thread generates discussion. Otherwise, as I said before, there's little point in posting much besides the teams you suggest.
It also makes every player be active in-thread, prevents lurking and hiding, and therefor gives better results.
If you don't require votes in-thread, how do you plan on people staying active? You can't ask for us to make a post a phase (or whatever) if you put most of the game in PMs.

To apply pressure to people. Having people only vote to stay in the game doesn't appear very good, and is pc++ IMO. If you are going to try and win you should be hunting out the scum and applying pressure. Seriously people should play this game like they would online or irl.

And it's not most of the game, it's 1 word PMs. You can play exactly the same, just sending it in via PM as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back