Finished Avalon (The Resistance) -- Game 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Avalon (The Resistance) -- Game 3 - Round 2 - Discussion Phase

Oh - I totally thought Kecleon meant something else. I thought you were wondering why he said he didn't send me a PM, but I'm still here playing.

But yea, if you're subbed in you need to know what role, whether resistance or spy. I know it's not worth pointing out, since I could lie, but I am in fact vanilla resistance.

Celever said:
Kecleon-X said:
#Freudian_Slip?

Yeah... I'm not too sure about this mission -- it only uses one person from the mission that succeeded. Of course, it was the first mission. Not exactly the most reliable of information, but logic dictates that the mission should be repeated.

I explained this last game with KoN too, but basically if a player is subbed into a vanilla resistance member they will be PM'd a role stating that they are one to avoid confusion. This is not saying that Drohn is not a vanilla res member, but I am just saying by saying the bolded statement above is not a slip, as he would receive a role no matter what.

I see. I get what you're saying. My bad!

I would want a team that contains the first three guys, since that's what people are suggesting to be a good course of action. But I'll wait for more opinions for now, since I'm fairly new to this, and because I don't have doubts on anyone this early in the game.

Yeah the first mission passed, so I don't like throwing so many unknowns on at once.

Yeah, that seems safer. Since the first mission with 3 people succeeded, I would rather put them all + one more player on the mission. Chances are good enough that they are all really town.

OK, you may now send in approve or reject for SF's proposed team.

Sorry about the late update, I was being sociable irl for once :p.

How many more need to vote?

I haven't voted yet because I didn't know a team had been suggested.

Drohn said:
How many more need to vote?

Not sure right now. I'll go through and find a reminder list of people to PM. I am on my iPad rn because my computer has been infected beyond usability right now, so I'll use a pen and paper I guess!

PMJ said:
I haven't voted yet because I didn't know a team had been suggested.

Sorry about that. I should write the player list down amd PM people when a vote is happening, i suppose, since a few people appear to not be checking the thread...

1) Porygon-X - Reject
2) Scorched Feathers - Approve
3) Drohn - Reject
4) PMJ - Reject
5) Teal - Reject
6) Cinesra - Reject
7) Kecleon-X - Reject
8) rev3rsor - Reject

Team has been rejected, Drohn you have 24 hours to suggest a team, but please do it ASAP! :)

Not much to go on. I'll go for:

Myself, Porygon-X, Scorched Feathers and PMJ.

Assuming the first mission succeeded for not having a spy and knowing I'm not a spy. A spy could have lied on the first mission, though. Thoughts? Please also post your thoughts here instead of only approving/rejecting in a PM to Celever. It gets difficult to suggest teams if we have nothing to work with.

Question for the more experienced ones. Is it easier for the resistance to find out who the spies are if we stick to the same people or if we use more variation in the team? What is more common?

Celever said:
1) Porygon-X - Reject
2) Scorched Feathers - Approve
3) Drohn - Reject
4) PMJ - Reject
5) Teal - Reject
6) Cinesra - Reject
7) Kecleon-X - Reject
8) rev3rsor - Reject

Team has been rejected, Drohn you have 24 hours to suggest a team, but please do it ASAP! :)

This happens to me more than you think.

Drohn said:
Not much to go on. I'll go for:

Myself, Porygon-X, Scorched Feathers and PMJ.

Assuming the first mission succeeded for not having a spy and knowing I'm not a spy. A spy could have lied on the first mission, though. Thoughts? Please also post your thoughts here instead of only approving/rejecting in a PM to Celever. It gets difficult to suggest teams if we have nothing to work with.

Okay, even though I'm not on this, there's really no other valid logic to go on. Other than morbid curiosity with whatever Scorched had on his mission. Though there is most likely a spy on this mission, I am still a proponent of this just because it's early game and we won't have any information otherwise.

Also, typically we stick to the same people and run them through a couple of missions. Although since Merlin is in this game, you should probably keep your eyes open for subtle hints.

@Percivel: You should actually probably claim -- every time I did when my friends and I play Avalon it turns out really great for the town. Don't tell us who Merlin is, though. By now you've probably been told something about the spies by him/them, so whenever you learn something new, point it out.

You can vote for the team of Drohn, Porygon-X, Scorched Feathers and PMJ now.

You can also vote for the team as soon as it is suggested lol. That discussion phase just now was absolutely dreadful though, so I don't think we'll be having those any more. I might test it out a bit later in the game when you have more information to go off of though (like round 4), so you can send in the votes any time.

As a point of discussion though: Do you think this game should only run at night in the Werewolf game? I mean, it seems quite needed but even then the activity here isn't very good...

RE: Avalon (The Resistance) -- Game 3 - Round 2 - Team 2 Voting

Maybe rather than having phases you can have deadlines for when the votes have to be in, but people can discuss and vote whenever they want before the deadline. Missing deadlines or not posting in in that time could lead to being subbed out.

If everyone votes before the deadline you can move the game forward before that. Thoughts?

I don't think it should only run in night phases. If we have to wait that long all the time it will only lead to becoming more inactive.

Anything? Anyone? :p

I don't really care how we do it. I forgot about this game again. Sending in my vote now.

I figured my liking of your post has my opinion.

I'm also unsure of the fact that I have sent in my vote or not -- I'm pretty sure I have, though.

RE: Avalon (The Resistance) -- Game 3 - Round 2 - Team 2 Voting - Temporary Hiatus, Not Cacelled - Looking For a Host To Take Over Desperately

I'll lock this game, since it has been inactive for too long a time and the former host is no longer willing to host the game. If someone else wants to host another game of Avalon they are free to do so in a new thread. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back