Aurorus-EX, Marowak, Energy Reset Gym Challenge Promos!

Pokemon has given Marowak a lot of love recently.
While you are better prepared for toad, you'll also be seeing less of it.

before anyone gets too excited... let's not forget that Giratina can still OHKO Marowak with a Lysandre, so what happens in that scenario?

before anyone gets too excited... let's not forget that Giratina can still OHKO Marowak with a Lysandre, so what happens in that scenario?

Just about to say this. Giratina takes a bit more setup than Toad in general, so I think it's fair that it can get around this anti-lock Marowak a bit easier.

I would like to remind everyone that just because this new Marowak exists does not mean Seismitoad EX will not see play. Remember when Hypnotoxic Laser came out and everyone hated it, now remember when Virizion EX came out and everyone assumed Hypnotoxic Laser was no more? Well this is the same case, so don't expect this to kill the Toad. In fact, I would say this new Marowak is a great partner for Toad much like how Virizion EX went well with Laser.

Anyone else think Aururous Ex looks exactly like Latinos Ex?
"Latinos" EX?

Eminem approves.

28rziv7.gif

But yeah, at first glance I had the same sensation ;)

OMG! In the last year, promo cards at most have been sub par, at most. But finally, XY -- besides yveltal, has put out something that is playable.

I mean a toad stopper that you can maxie on first turn and is weak to grass. Thank You.

An EX that will be playable with Palka and stops paralysis and is weak to metal. Thank You.

The only annoying thing is now we still stay item lock and energy disrupted until January.

I call that a tease. ;)

Sorry something just tickled me. But can you imagine energy reset with Stage 2 Sceptile (PC). You could drop all your energies to charge and heal, and then pick them up with Energy reset, and then drop them all again until you completely heal. Gosh! If you had two Energy Resets in hand that would be hilarious. You can switch and heal all energies onto different pokemon and heal all of them up. I'm sort of excited to try that with a Lugia.

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-tcg/pokemon-cards/xy-series/xy5/8/

It's too bad Aurorus-EX doesn't protect against all status conditions, a la Virizion. Though that'd be a bit too powerful for a Promo. I love the card though; actually has pretty good art which is rare for Promo EX.

Also I'm trying to think of a significant use for Energy Reset, outside of the obvious (getting an energy into your hand to play; taking energy off a low HP Pokemon). There has to be some deck it's good for...

Sorry something just tickled me. But can you imagine energy reset with Stage 2 Sceptile (PC). You could drop all your energies to charge and heal, and then pick them up with Energy reset, and then drop them all again until you completely heal. Gosh! If you had two Energy Resets in hand that would be hilarious. You can switch and heal all energies onto different pokemon and heal all of them up. I'm sort of excited to try that with a Lugia.

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-tcg/pokemon-cards/xy-series/xy5/8/
That Sceptile only allows one energy per turn though, so you couldn't drop all of them (like Blastoise could). Though a bench of four Sceptile would still heal quite a lot, but good luck getting that all set up. :p

I read the discription myself...no mention of special energies

Anyone else think Aurorus's artwork is actually pretty beautiful?

Welp... There's another reason grass is one of the most viable types nowadays.

That Sceptile only allows one energy per turn though, so you couldn't drop all of them (like Blastoise could). Though a bench of four Sceptile would still heal quite a lot, but good luck getting that all set up. :p

Yes, I believe you are correct. I got a little ambitious with that second sentence. ;) Though, now I wonder if you could devolve him and reset the ability. Shrugs...maybe.

It looks like GarboToad will be the only surviving Toad Variant. xD

Garbodor can immobilize Marowak's Ability, leaving Toad free to lock items.
anyway, Hex maniac/VS Seeker can stall its ability as well.

Yes, I believe you are correct. I got a little ambitious with that second sentence. ;) Though, now I wonder if you could devolve him and reset the ability. Shrugs...maybe.
Its ability says "Once during your turn," so even if you did devolve, it'd still be during your turn and so there could still only one usage of it.

aururus is playable! put it in the current keldeo blastoise. attack, step in, float stone retreat, repeat

Back