Aurorus-EX, Marowak, Energy Reset Gym Challenge Promos!

Note that due to the site crashing multiple times last night, I was not able to push through an early correction I made to the story regarding Bodyguard. I just realized now the edit hadn't gone through, so the correct translation is now in the post:

As long as this Pokemon is in play, you and your hand are not affected by the effects of your opponent’s Pokemon’s attacks.

Again reinforcing that the Ability is anti-Toad.

Just glad the bodyguard wasn't changed something like your hand is not effected by your opponents attacks and ability good to see vileplume will be sticking around.

Not really pleased about Marowak. A counter to Seismitoad is fair, but this pretty much kills my Mental Trash Malamar, which was really fun to use :(

you do know hex maniac is in the format right?
Yeah, but it's not practical to get to use Hex Maniac on every turn that I want to use Mental Trash (just like it wouldn't be practical to use Hex Maniac every turn for a Seismitoad deck).

I can see Marowak being a benchsitter in the near future. I am so sick of toads, I can deal with Giratina and what not. I just want to punch that toad in the face. B(

Also, why does Aurorus kinda suck. It's depressing.

Honestly, I love Toad. We've had more annoying cards, and imo, Giratina is worse because it shuts of Special Energy.

Honestly, I love Toad. We've had more annoying cards, and imo, Giratina is worse because it shuts of Special Energy.

I find Toad worse as when it stops items, you can't play anything like Enhanced Hammer to deal with it, or anything like Switch or Escape Rope to try it with something else or swap it out. Though any half-competitive-built deck should be able to Lysandre easily (or better, ie Team Flare Grunt). Don't forget that Giratina's attack also requires them to get 2 DD's / a DD and a DCE which is noticably harder than just one of the two.

Back