• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Audino/Victini/Emboar

The Answer

I don't trip, I attack the floor
This is a deck that I think has lots of potential.

Pokemon:
2 Audino EP
2-1-2 Emboar (Ability)
2 Reshiram EX
2 Shaymin UL
1 Cleffa
2 Victini NV

T/S/S:
4 Juniper
4 PONT
2 Dual Ball
2 Heavy Ball
4 Junk Arm
2 Rare Candy
2 Energy Retreival
1 Flower Shop Lady
2 Fisherman
4 Pokemon Catcher
2 N
2 PlusPower

Energy:
12 Fire
4 DCE

Strategy: Load Audino up with energies and start flipping. Victini helps Audino be a little more consistent if I get crappy flips. Shaymin can move all the energies from audino to audino.
Also, Reshiram is a backup attacker as well as a Donkphan counter.

I feel like this deck is very underestimated, and can usually get set up by T2 with about a DCE and 3 fire energies. This can kill (when lucky) both Mewtwo EX and Kyurem EX on T2. And if it doesn't kill, it leaves them damaged enough that Audino will survive the next X Ball/Frozen Wings and take 2 prizes.
And, if you're mildly good, you can donk decks that put up Reshiram/Zerkom/Kyurem up front alone.

I have playtested this deck, and so far my only loss is against donkphan.

Comments appreciated.

The Answer said:
This is a deck that I think has lots of potential.
Beat ya to it. ^^^ That's what I said when i finished last at cities. Only run 1 Audino MAX. Use Darmanitan instead.

You did?

:/

I'll try a 3-3 darmanitan line, see how that works.

Also, should I use Exeggutor HS for the typing? 1 Head kills mew, two heads OHKOs Mewtwo EX. However, you need a psychic energy...

EDIT: Never mind, Darmanitan has the psychic type as well.

EDIT2: After being completely destroyed by a CMT deck, I realize that darmanitan is WAYYYY TOO SLOW, although it has psychic typing and does 50 per heads instead of 40. Every time I got Darmanitan out, it was a free prize because of mewtwo.

"2 Shaymin CL"

do you mean UL? (and if you do, edit the OP saying UL. It could confuse someone.

Try
-2 audino (only 2 is needed. And as Fire Wyrm said, not many are needed)
-1-2 fisherman (only 1-2 are needed. 3 would be overdoing it because you also have energy retrieval)
-1-2 energy retrieval (already have fisherman)
-2 fire energy (seems like only 10 are needed since fisherman and energy retrieval help out)
-1 FSL (in my experience, I have hardly ever needed more than one)
-2 dual ball (in this situation I think collector would be the better choice but its optional)
-2 juniper (to make room)

+2 junk arm (to reuse trainers)
+2 Sage's (as drawing power and helping get out emboar)
+4 collector (for consistency. optional if you don't prefer collector)
+1-2 reshiram EX (helps with attacking)
+2 N (better against durant match ups and is a good draw power)
+1-2 mewtwo EX (good attacker and counter)

@Glaceon Thank you, I'll edit it.

@Jirachi I don't want collector as I don't want to fill my bench as fast. 2 Junk arm is ok with me, as it's not used that often. I might bump it up to 3.

I agree with the mods on fisherman/energy retreival.

I really don't want to run mewtwo. Call me crazy, but I don't think it's worth it.

I thought about reshiram, and I'll try it.

Yes, I definitely want to run less audino and FSL.

Also, I like my 4 junipers.

To be honest with you, I love that audino. But, I had to drop it because it was not reliable. Think of it like leaving the lights on. It makes your energy usage higher, with the bill fee being it getting knocked out next turn. That's just the way it is.

I ran emboar and darmanitan for a few weeks.
I think if you can tech the deck just right, its the deck to beat. Nothing can withstand 150-250 damage every turn. I ran a 4-3 darmanitan and a 2-1-2 emboar with 1 mewtwo and 1 reshiram ex. All you need to do is use 3+ fisherman and 2 burnt tower and the deck runs pro.
Obviously fliptini as well. Gl on the deck.

And occasionally one is prized. I'd suggest a seeker or ssu for shaymin.
-2 fire energy (to make room)
+around 2 ssu/seeker

Jirachi said:
And occasionally one is prized. I'd suggest a seeker or ssu for shaymin.
-2 fire energy (to make room)
+around 2 ssu/seeker

I would keep the 12 Fires and cut the 2 Retrievals for SSUs instead.

I was modeling my changes according to my previous changes. But if you don't like my previous suggested changes then yeah.

Back