Writing Athena Plays Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon - Complete! FE7 Next?

Chapter 11: In which we desperately try and feed EXP to PMJ

<Green> Alright, so, we're back on Archanean soil. What's our next move?
<TT> Clearly we need to march forward to reclaim my royal palace.
<Green> I guess that would be the obvious thing, yes. How do we get there?
<TT> We need to progress through this narrow, easily ambush-able valley.
<Green> That seems... slightly dangerous.
<TT> Well, duh, why do you think we built the castle there? It's supposed to be defensible.
<Green> Well, obviously it wasn't defensible enough or you wouldn't have needed rescuing. >_>
<TT> >:|
<Green> Welp, I guess we'll prepare for ambush, then. Any other questions?
<Tails> Can I go back to being a Hunter?
<Green> *sigh* Fine, give your forged Axe to Athena; she could use the extra hit. Anything else? No? Good, go get ready.
<TT> Finally going home again... *sigh*
<Green> Looking forward to seeing your family again?
<TT> They were all killed with their heads put on pikes so, uh, no, I can't really say I'm looking forward to that.
<Green> Oh, whoops. >_> I thought they might have been kept as hostages or something... I'm, uh, going to go get ready for battle now. *flees*​

The Archanean League rushed through the gauntlet in the direction of the Archanean royal palace. A few fliers came over the mountains towards them, and they were assailed by long-range ballistae from near the castle. Finally, they made it through. Prince Green sent the majority of his fighters to move north and begin to slowly draw out the enemy fighters from around the palace while he and a few others went south to reclaim a local village and stock up on supplies.

<Green> Citizens of this village, rejoice! the Archanean League has come to save you and bring your princess back home!
<Villagers> Yay! \o/
<Green> There's still some fighting to be done, though, so everyone please stay calmly in your homes while we--
<HoodedBoy> I want to come help you fight!
<Green> Young boy, I'm sure you play very well at swords with your friends, but...
<HoodedBoy> I'm not a boy, I'm a girl! *whips off hood*
<Green> Okay, so, I got your gender wrong, but my point stands...
<PMJ> My name is PMJ, sir, daughter of Pontifex Miloah.
<Green> Ohhey, we were just talking about you; what a coincidence! You can use magic and stuff, right?
<PMJ> Yessir! I even have this super fancy Aura tome. I was hiding in this village, but now that you are here, I would like to join you and fight for the Archanean League.
<Green> Sure, why not? Welcome aboard!
<Anna> Hey you guys!
<Green> *sigh* Yes, fair maiden? If you would please go insi--
<Anna> Look, I'm not here to give you trouble, I just want to let you know that my boyfriend is one of the men protecting the castle with his ballista.
<Green> So, what? You want us to bring his body back for you or something?
<Anna> Look, he's a good guy and all, just fell in with a bad crowd. I'm sure he'd be happy to join up with your crew if you send someone to talk to him. And he uses a ballista!
<Green> I guess a ballista would be handy to have on our side... we'll keep an eye open for him.​

Green and the others moved back towards the main body of the League, and on the way, he learned that PMJ didn't have a scrap of battle experience and was so fragile that a gust of wind would likely chip away at her HP. With a sigh, he called for the advancement to halt so that EXP could be funneled to PMJ to get her up to snuff as quickly as possible. As such, they progressed slowly closer and closer towards the battle.

<Palutena> Hey, I think I see that guy that's Anna's boyfriend!
<Green> Alright, so grab him for us, please.
<Palutena> *flies off towards Jake* Hey, you there! You Jake?
<Jake> Hey there, cutie, how did you know my name?
<Palutena> Your girlfriend told us to talk to you and have you switch to our side. Feel like fighting for the Archanean League?
<Jake> Uh, sure, cool, so long as Anna's okay with it.
<Palutena> Thanks! <3​

With the last ballista under their control, the Archanean League swept away the last of the stragglers and PMJ was able to make the killing blow against the boss. The gates were theirs!

<Green> The gates are ours!
<TT> You do realize that there's probably tonnes of enemies inside that we're going to have to kill to take control of the castle back, yes?
<Green> Yes, I'm aware. I'm also aware that there is also likely lots of treasure inside, too.
<TT> You're planning on raiding the treasure chests of my ancestral home?
<Green> That's not a problem, is it?
<TT> *sigh* Go ahead and take them. You'd do it anyway even if I asked you not to, so giving you permission at least makes me feel better about it...
<Green> Excellent! Everyone take five, then we're going to liberate the castle and her bountiful horde of loot.​

Current Team:

Green: Lv. 13 Lord
TGK: Lv. 13 Myrmidon
Palutena: Lv. 13 Pegasus Knight
Tails: Lv. 14 Pirate
Silver: Lv. 13 Myrmidon
Celever: Lv. 14 Mage
Keeper: Lv. 6 Horseman
Cap'n BB: Lv. 15 Cavalier
Vom: Lv. 4 Swordmaster
Athena: Lv. 3 Dracoknight

Waiting for the Pyre:
Jagen: Lv. 1 Paladin
Bantu: Lv. 1 Manakete
Maria: Lv. 4 Cleric
Jake: Lv. 1 Ballistician

Decisions:

Reclassing!

We will be reclassing one character each chapter to a new class. Reclass details are available in the spoiler below:

TGK: Myrmidon (Sword D)
Mage - Tome E (Gain Mag/Res, Lose Str/Skl/Spd/Def)
Curate - Staff E (Gain Mag/Res, Lose Str/Skl/Spd/Def)
Cavalier - Sword E, Lance E (Gain Str/Def/Horse, Lose Skl/Spd)
Archer - Bow C (Gain Str/Def, Lose Skl/Spd)

Palutena: Pegasus Knight (Lance B)
Archer - Bow E (Gain Str/Def, Lose Mag/Skl/Spd/Res/Peg)
Myrmidon - Sword E (Gain Skl/Spd, Lose Str/Mag/Def/Res/Peg, Cap Spd)
Mage - Tome E (Gain Mag, Lose Str/Skl/Spd/Def/Res/Peg)
Cleric - Staff E (Gain Res, Lose Str/Mag/Skl/Spd/Def/Peg)

Tails: Hunter (Bow C)
Pirate - Axe E (Gain Def, Lose Str/Skl)
Dark Mage - Tome E (Gain Mag/Def/Res, Lose Str/Skl/Spd)
Knight - Lance E (Gain Def, Lose Skl/Spd)
Mercenary - Sword C (Gain Skl/Spd/Def, Lose Str)
Fighter - Axe E (Gain Spd, Lose Str/Skl)

Silver: Myrmidon (Sword B)
Cavalier - Sword C, Lance E (Gain Str/Def/Horse, Lose Skl/Spd)
Archer - Bow E (Gain Str/Def, Lose Skl/Spd)

Celever: Mage (Tome E)
Cleric - Staff C (Gain Res, Lose Mag/Def)
Pegasus Knight - Lance E (Gain Str/Skl/Spd/Def/Res/Peg, Lose Mag)
Archer - Bow E (Gain Str/Skl/Spd/Def, Lose Mag/Res)
Myrmidon - Sword E (Gain Str/Skl/Spd/Def, Lose Mag/Res)

Keeper: Horseman (Sword E, Bow C)
Berserker - Axe D (Gain Str, Lose Skl/Spd/Res/Horse)
Sorcerer - Tome D, Staff E (Gain Mag/Res, Lose Str/Skl/Spd/Def/Horse)
General - Lance D, Bow E (Gain Str/Def, Lose Skl/Spd/Horse)
Hero - Sword D, Axe E (Gain Skl/Spd/Def, Lose Horse)
Warrior - Axe D, Bow E (Gain Str, Lose Skl/Def/Res/Horse)

Cap'n BB: Cavalier (Sword D, Lance A)
Archer - Bow E (Gain Skl, Lose Spd/Def/Horse)
Myrmidon - Sword D (Gain Skl/Spd, Lose Str/Def/Horse)
Mage - Tome E (Gain Mag/Res, Lose Str/Skl/Spd/Def/Horse)
Curate - Staff E (Gain Mag/Res, Lose Str/Skl/Spd/Def/Horse)

Vom: Swordmaster (Sword C)
Sage - Tome B, Staff D (Gain Mag/Res, Lose Str/Skl/Spd/Def)
Bishop - Tome C, Staff D (Gain Mag/Res, Lose Str/Skl/Spd/Def)
Dracoknight - Lance D, Axe E (Gain Str/Def/Dragon, Lose Skl/Spd)
Paladin - Lance D, Sword E (Gain Str/Def/Res/Horse, Lose Skl/Spd)
Sniper - Bow C (Gain Str/Def, Lose Skl/Spd)

Athena: Dracoknight (Lance D, Axe A)
Paladin - Sword E, Lance D (Gain Res/Horse, Lose Str/Def/Dragon)
Sniper - Bow C (Gain Skl/Spd, Lose Str/Def/Dragon)
Swordmaster - Sword C (Gain Skl/Spd, Lose Str/Def/Dragon)
Sage - Tome D, Staff C (Gain Mag/Res, Lose Str/Skl/Spd/Def/Dragon)
Bishop - Tome E, Staff D (Gain Mag/Res, Lose Str/Skl/Spd/Def/Dragon)

PMJ: Mage (Tome D)
Cleric - Staff E (Gain Res, Lose Mag/Def)

If you would like more info for any reclass (such as hard stat numbers), feel free to ask!

Please vote for one character to reclass and which class you would like them to change to! The option with the most votes will win and be reclassed before the fighting next chapter begins. In the event of a tie or otherwise unclear winner, priority will be given to the character with the most total votes, followed by class votes, likes, and GM preference.

Please ask if you have any questions!

Forging!

We can (and will) forge one weapon per chapter as well. Forging a weapons gives it better attacking power, and also you can give the weapon a customized name! If you have any suggestions for names or weapons to forge, you're welcome to suggest them. Unlike Reclassing, votes/suggestions for Forging will not automatically be taken, since priority will be given to those characters that need a boost (such as low Str or recently reclassed units), but your thoughts and ideas will certainly be taken into account, especially for naming purposes.

Promoting!

We now have one Master Seal that we can use to promote one of our characters if we like. We don't need to promote anyone until they hit Lv. 20 in their base class, but they can be promoted early if you guys want, so feel free to give suggestions if/when you think we're ready for them.

Player Notes:

This was a very easy and straightforward chapter. There were a bunch of ballistae, but the hit chance on those is so awful that not a single one did any damage to any of my units, except for the one ballista armed with a Thunderbolt that I used to finally kill Laim. RIP Laim.

And so we get our penultimate recruit PMJ. Who comes in at Level 1. facepalm.jpg She's not a bad unit (decent starting stats and growths), just a very low level and squishy Mage, so we'll be going slow and feeding her a lot of EXP for the next few levels until she can stand on her own. She does come with the powerful spell tome Aura which is handy. It's typically a B Rank tome but Linde can wield it at E Rank because plot. Also, it's only usable by women mages, the opposite of Excaliber which can only be wielded by men. Why the gender restriction? And how does that make sense when you know in the plot that PMJ's father Miloah supposedly wields Aura? WHO KNOWS.

We also get Jake and... it's going to be a pain in the ass to kill him off, I'm afraid. Ballisiticians have horrible move (4!) and high defenses. I'm going to have to think up a good solution for this...

The next chapter will bring us to the halfway point of the game. It's a very low deploy chapter, so I'll only be able to bring our real units and no extras to kill off. As always, please suggest reclass/promotion/forge options as you wish. We'll be getting a couple more Master Seals next level, too.

It took 3 Thunderbolts to take him down because that hits for Res and not Def. That's why I sent him that way. :p

We could always reclass someone else to Knight if we decide another tank would be useful and/or amusing.

Chapter 12: Prince Green really loves his treasure

<Green> Alright, so, it's time to storm the castle now. Everyone all rested up?
<Tails> Um, Prince green, sire...
<Green> *sigh* Yes, what it is?
<Tails> I was wondering if you might let me become a Knight?
<Green> Sure, if you want to swear me fealty, I'd be happy to knight you, but then--
<Tails> No, no, I don't mean THAT kind of knight. I'm still a mercenary, thank you very much, and I expect you to continue paying me. I meant Knight as in class, you know, fulla armour, wields lances.
<Green> You've gone from a Merc to a Hunter to a Pirate and back to Hunter and now you want to change classes again?
<Tails> ... is that a problem?
<Green> No, I guess that's fine. Just change quickly, we have loot to rescue!
<Tails> Yessir!​

Tails rushed off and quickly changed into some heavy duty armor, then swapped his bows for some lances and ran to the forge... onto to be beaten to the punch by Athena.

<Tails> What are you doing here? I'm newly reclassed so I should get first dibs on a forge! Besides, you already have a forged axe!
<Athena> Yes, I have a forged axe. Your forged axe. It even has your name carved into it.
<Tails> But that's good enough, isn't it?
<Athena> If someone else's used forge is good enough for me, then it should be good enough for you, too. You can use Celever's old lance.
<Tails> This one? SparkleFire? But that's a girly name!
<Athena> So what? You think I like having your name scrawled all over the weapon I'm using either? Besides, I need to add some +Hit to this new lance anyway since my Skl is kind of lacking.
<Tails> Fine, fine, whatever. I'll use the stupid girly lance.
<Athena> Good. Lancelotl and I will be ready for battle shortly.
<Tails> Lancelotl? That is the dumbest lance name I've ever heard... *shakes head and walks away*​

Equipped and ready, the Archanean League burst into the castle and prepared for battle against the enemy forces within. They moved forward slowly at first, continuing to feed EXP to PMJ while taking out the first enemy forces. As they progressed, they heard the shouts and screams of what appeared to be another battle going on deeper in the castle. There were some brave Archanean prisoners held in a jail cell being fired upon by enemy soldiers! Soon, those soldiers were killed by Green's forces and the remaining living prisoners were rescued.

<Midia> Prince Green, you have my gratitude.
<Green> No problem, uh...
<Midia> My name is Midia, I'm a Paladin.
<Green> Oooh, chick paladin, nice. And this old dude?
<Boah> I am Boah, your highness, a Bishop of Archanea.
<Green> Bishop, eh? Good. Grab some healing staves and get to work.
<Boah> Your wish is my command, sir.
<Midia> And these corpses are the remains of some of my finest soldiers, Tomas, Macellan, and Dolph.
<Green> They couldn't have been all THAT good if they died and you guys lived, but, well, I'll see their bodies buried with full honours. Now, come on, let's go kill some more dudes.​

While Green was chatting with the ex-prisoners, reinforcements began to arrive from outside. The League bravely held these reinforcements at bay while Green snuck into the treasure room and began pilfering chests left and right. However, before we got too far, he had to call PMJ over to help.

<Green> Pssst, PMJ, forget about those reinforcements. I have a seriously important duty over here!
<PMJ> Yes, my liege? How can I serve you?
<Green> I need you to use your magic to kill some dudes for me so I can grab those last two chests.
<PMJ> Well, the General should be easy, they're weak to magic... *pzzzat!*
<Green> Excellent! Great job. Now, can you aim a spell through those slits in the wall to take out that Sniper?
<PMJ> Hmmmm... sorry, sir, it looks like he's just too fast for me. I wouldn't be able to kill him before he kills me.
<Green> Damnit. Well, hmmm, alright, here's the plan. I want you to regroup with the others while I stay here. Tell them to keep moving through the castle as soon as all the reinforcements are killed, and then use Tails or someone to call that Sniper off. I'll grab the chests as soon as he's out of range, and then come back.​

PMJ nodded and ran off to share the plan with the others. They agreed and the reinforcements were already mostly dead so they began to make their way through towards the throne room. Eventually Tails was able to call off the Sniper and Green was able to nab the last few chests and begin to skedaddle back to the throne, but he was just too late to witness the deaths of Midia and Boah who were both targeted and killed by the Sage boss camping on the throne.

<Midia> Astram... I'm sorry... x_x;
<Boah> Princess TT, be strong for Archanea.... x_x;​

With all the enemies finally killed, Green took one quick detour to grab a final chest off to the side, then claimed the throne in the name of Princess TT.

<TT> Thank you, Green, for rescuing my home.
<Green> No problem! Thanks for letting us grab all the loot.
<TT> I have one last piece of loot for you here, Parthia, the sacred bow passed down by my family.
<Green> A bow? Really? Pfft.
<TT> Well, we also have a sword and a lance, but they're not here. They must have already been pilfered by the enemy.
<Green> Of course they'd take the good weapons and leave the dumb bow here. *sigh* Fine, I'll take it.
<TT> What others treasures did you find scattered about, if I might ask?
<Green> A seal, some okay weapons, but the best thing by far that I found are these boots. I decided to keep them for myself.
<TT> Boots?
<Green> Yeah, seems like a kind of silly treasure, boots, but they're really damn nice, and they look good on me, too. Don't I just have the sexiest legs in these?
<TT> Indeed you do.​

Current Team:

Green: Lv. 13 Lord
TGK: Lv. 14 Myrmidon
Palutena: Lv. 14 Pegasus Knight
Tails: Lv. 14 Knight
Silver: Lv. 14 Myrmidon
Celever: Lv. 14 Mage
Keeper: Lv. 6 Horseman
Cap'n BB: Lv. 15 Cavalier
Vom: Lv. 4 Swordmaster
Athena: Lv. 3 Dracoknight
PMJ: Lv. 10 Mage

Waiting for the Pyre:
Jagen: Lv. 1 Paladin
Bantu: Lv. 1 Manakete
Maria: Lv. 4 Cleric
Jake: Lv. 1 Ballistician

Decisions:

Reclassing!

We will be reclassing one character each chapter to a new class. Reclass details are available in the spoiler below:

TGK: Myrmidon (Sword D)
Cavalier - Sword E, Lance E (Gain Str/Def/Horse, Lose Skl/Spd)
Archer - Bow C (Gain Str/Def, Lose Skl/Spd)

Palutena: Pegasus Knight (Lance B)
Archer - Bow E (Gain Str/Def, Lose Mag/Skl/Spd/Res/Peg)
Myrmidon - Sword E (Gain Skl/Spd, Lose Str/Mag/Def/Res/Peg, Cap Spd)
Mage - Tome E (Gain Mag, Lose Str/Skl/Spd/Def/Res/Peg)
Cleric - Staff E (Gain Res, Lose Str/Mag/Skl/Spd/Def/Peg)

Tails: Knight (Lance E)
Mercenary - Sword C (Gain Skl/Spd, Lose Str/Def)
Fighter - Axe E (Gain Spd, Lose Str/Skl/Def)
Hunter - Bow C (Gain Skl/Spd, Lose Def)
Pirate - Axe E (Gain Spd, Lose Str/Skl/Def)
Dark Mage - Tome E (Gain Mag/Spd/Res, Lose Str/Skl/Def)

Silver: Myrmidon (Sword B)
Cavalier - Sword C, Lance E (Gain Str/Def/Horse, Lose Skl/Spd)
Archer - Bow E (Gain Str/Def, Lose Skl/Spd)

Celever: Mage (Tome E)
Cleric - Staff C (Gain Res, Lose Mag/Def)

Keeper: Horseman (Sword E, Bow C)
Berserker - Axe D (Gain Str, Lose Skl/Spd/Res/Horse)
Sorcerer - Tome D, Staff E (Gain Mag/Res, Lose Str/Skl/Spd/Def/Horse)
General - Lance D, Bow E (Gain Str/Def, Lose Skl/Spd/Horse)
Hero - Sword D, Axe E (Gain Skl/Spd/Def, Lose Horse)
Warrior - Axe D, Bow E (Gain Str, Lose Skl/Def/Res/Horse)

Cap'n BB: Cavalier (Sword D, Lance A)
Archer - Bow E (Gain Skl, Lose Spd/Def/Horse)
Myrmidon - Sword D (Gain Skl/Spd, Lose Str/Def/Horse)
Mage - Tome E (Gain Mag/Res, Lose Str/Skl/Spd/Def/Horse)
Curate - Staff E (Gain Mag/Res, Lose Str/Skl/Spd/Def/Horse)

Vom: Swordmaster (Sword C)
Sage - Tome B, Staff D (Gain Mag/Res, Lose Str/Skl/Spd/Def)
Bishop - Tome C, Staff D (Gain Mag/Res, Lose Str/Skl/Spd/Def)
Dracoknight - Lance D, Axe E (Gain Str/Def/Dragon, Lose Skl/Spd)
Paladin - Lance D, Sword E (Gain Str/Def/Res/Horse, Lose Skl/Spd)
Sniper - Bow C (Gain Str/Def, Lose Skl/Spd)

Athena: Dracoknight (Lance D, Axe A)
Paladin - Sword E, Lance D (Gain Res/Horse, Lose Str/Def/Dragon)
Sniper - Bow C (Gain Skl/Spd, Lose Str/Def/Dragon)
Swordmaster - Sword C (Gain Skl/Spd, Lose Str/Def/Dragon)
Sage - Tome D, Staff C (Gain Mag/Res, Lose Str/Skl/Spd/Def/Dragon)
Bishop - Tome E, Staff D (Gain Mag/Res, Lose Str/Skl/Spd/Def/Dragon)

PMJ: Mage (Tome D)
Cleric - Staff E (Gain Res, Lose Mag/Def)

If you would like more info for any reclass (such as hard stat numbers), feel free to ask!

Please vote for one character to reclass and which class you would like them to change to! The option with the most votes will win and be reclassed before the fighting next chapter begins. In the event of a tie or otherwise unclear winner, priority will be given to the character with the most total votes, followed by class votes, likes, and GM preference.

Please ask if you have any questions!

Forging!

We can (and will) forge one weapon per chapter as well. Forging a weapons gives it better attacking power, and also you can give the weapon a customized name! If you have any suggestions for names or weapons to forge, you're welcome to suggest them. Unlike Reclassing, votes/suggestions for Forging will not automatically be taken, since priority will be given to those characters that need a boost (such as low Str or recently reclassed units), but your thoughts and ideas will certainly be taken into account, especially for naming purposes.

Promoting!

We now have 3 Master Seals that we can use to promote one of our characters if we like. We don't need to promote anyone until they hit Lv. 20 in their base class, but they can be promoted early if you guys want, so feel free to give suggestions if/when you think we're ready for them.

Player Notes:

Once again, the main game of this chapter was to play slow and feed EXP to PMJ. I should have forged a Fire tome for her, whoops! Will probably do that next chapter. However, she does have Aura, so I made use of that as necessary. I gave her a lot of promoted unit kills whenever I could and got her up to Lv. 10. She's holding her own now, despite being still lower leveled then the rest of my team, and will probably be one of my best units once she's level matching everyone else, but for now I'll probably have to continue feeding her for a level or two.

I did make a mistake this level that I didn't notice until almost the very end, and by then it had taken me so long to play through that I really didn't feel like restarting, so butts.

What happened is that I was only able to bring 11 units to this chapter, which I thought was fine because 11 units is the exact amount of "real" units that we have right now and the 4 characters waiting to die off could just, well, wait another chapter. That means I had 15 units before I started this chapter, and 15 units is the maximum that you can have in order to access the Gaiden chapters (including the one that's right after this current chapter), so that meant that I would have to kill off all 5 of the extra characters that I would get this time. Unfortunately, one of these 5 extra characters, Midia, is needed to recruit a different character, Astram, in a couple chapters. >_< I totally forgot about this until I saw her mention Astram in her death quote and I was all "^&*)*&(&*&%^%#$".

So, my choices were A) restart from the save point leave Midia alive to recruit Astram and not play the Gaiden, or 2) kill Midia off and then just not recruit Astram and kill him off instead. I opted for 2. After all, Astram isn't one of the units we're using, so he would get killed off anyway, and playing all the Gaiden chapters was one of my goals with this playthrough. So, we're not going to have 100% recruiting. Sadface.jpg.

Tails is doing okay as a Knight. I mostly just used him to lure enemies and tank hits for others (read: PMJ) to kill. His big problem is that he's so ridiculously slow, in both senses of the word. He's getting doubled by some enemies (and has no Res so I need to be double super careful to leave him out of the range of Mages), and it takes him forever to move around the map, something that would have been a lot more apparent if we hadn't been moving so slowly to feed PMJ.

I really did leave Green sitting up in the treasure room for several rounds while the others killed off the enemies. In fact, the conversation between him and PMJ was pretty much the exact same as my internal conversation with myself on how to handle that General/Sniper combo. It saved me rounds from having Green need to backtrack all the way back to open the chests and then all the way double back to seize the throne and end the chapter. Besides, I felt it was fitting in chapter. :p Boots go to Green because he's definitely the character that needs to get around the map the most. Congratulations, Prince Green; you are now as fast as a horse.

We've got a couple more Master Seals now for promoting options, if you have some ideas. Hope you enjoyed the chapter! :3

On another note: I think you've nailed a few characters perfectly in their dialogue.

Funnily enough, I feel like I have a much better understanding of the story now that I have to write it down in ways that make sense. Even then, I still have to do a lot of cross-referencing to make sure I have characters/countries right, but my grasp of the situation is much better.

Funnily enough, I feel like I have a much better understanding of the story now that I have to write it down in ways that make sense. Even then, I still have to do a lot of cross-referencing to make sure I have characters/countries right, but my grasp of the situation is much better.

Honestly, that doesn't surprise me one bit. I know some stories I had to replay a few times to get cause there is just so much to Fire Emblem in general.

Also I suggest Giving a Fire Tome and who's closing to having a max stat in terms of STR?

Honestly, that doesn't surprise me one bit. I know some stories I had to replay a few times to get cause there is just so much to Fire Emblem in general.

I don't really think there's a lot to "get" about Shadow Dragon (though I do agree that lots of FE games in general have a lot of detailed background/world information that requires multiple playthroughs and/or reading up on stuff later to understand completely), it's just explained in game very poorly and many of the names get confusing. There's also a hell of a lot that's explored in more detail in the sequel (like how Archanea is actually considered a suzerain to Altea and most of the other countries who are considered Archanea's "vassals") and in supplementary material (like the manga and various interviews/books) that you wouldn't even learn just from the base game.

Also I suggest Giving a Fire Tome and who's closing to having a max stat in terms of STR?

I think you're missing a word here somewhere? Giving a Fire to who? :p

In terms of Str, BB and Tails are tied for highest at 13, then Green at 11 and Athena at 10.

Feel free to ask for more stats if you'd like to hear. I was planning on doing another unit summary once PMJ is on par with everyone else so it's a bit easier to judge her.

I don't really think there's a lot to "get" about Shadow Dragon (though I do agree that lots of FE games in general have a lot of detailed background/world information that requires multiple playthroughs and/or reading up on stuff later to understand completely), it's just explained in game very poorly and many of the names get confusing. There's also a hell of a lot that's explored in more detail in the sequel (like how Archanea is actually considered a suzerain to Altea and most of the other countries who are considered Archanea's "vassals") and in supplementary material (like the manga and various interviews/books) that you wouldn't even learn just from the base game.

I think you're missing a word here somewhere? Giving a Fire to who? :p

In terms of Str, BB and Tails are tied for highest at 13, then Green at 11 and Athena at 10.

Feel free to ask for more stats if you'd like to hear. I was planning on doing another unit summary once PMJ is on par with everyone else so it's a bit easier to judge her.

You know who I meant silly! PMJ :p

But yeah, some FE games do have poor translations in my opinion and needed to be clarified a bit more. Especially some of the older titles that are on the virtual console. They're leaving some gaps in the storyline and leaves you kind of guessing to what had happened or researching it a bit more.

The reason I'm asking is cause you have so many Master Seals... that's pretty ridiculous and if someone is close to maxing a few stats anyways, then promoting them is always a considerable option.

The only one who has anything maxed in Palutena who has capped both Spd and Lck. I don't really care much if we promote people before 20 or not, though, especially if it gives more utility (like having Celever go Sage so she can heal and attack).

The only one who has anything maxed in Palutena who has capped both Spd and Lck. I don't really care much if we promote people before 20 or not, though, especially if it gives more utility (like having Celever go Sage so she can heal and attack).

So I'm assuming everyone is well rounded then when it comes to stats for the most part :p You've got some good pulls I'm guessing.

Back