Writing Athena Plays Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon - Complete! FE7 Next?

Chapter 17: Prince Green gets his revenge, part 2

The Archanean League took a quick break to grab some lunch and refresh their weapons, and then they began to get ready to storm the castle. Prince Green stood regal and proud, hoping to encourage his soldiers by example.

<TGK> Um, Prince Green?
<Green> Yes, TGK?
<TGK> I'm tired of sucking. :<
<Green> You should have picked a better character, then. Everyone knows Gordin sucks.
<TGK> Do you think I might improve if I were to become a Cavalier?
<Green> Well, you certainly can't get much worse, so may as well give it a try. There are some horses in the back, and feel free to help yourself to some of our copious lances.
<TGK> Yay! Thank you! <3​

Soon, the League was ready for battle. Prince Green kicked open the doors and his soldiers stormed in. Angered by the thieves pilfering his family's chests ("Only I should be allowed to steal my own family's loot!"), Green ordered the initial advance to head west, temporarily leaving the throne room and its guards alone. The League rushed the enemies near the treasure rooms, slaughtering them all, and then began to make their way towards the throne while Green remained behind to "liberate" his family's wealth for the League's cause.

The throne room was heavily fortified with siege mages and many guards. Before they even opened the door, archers and snipers removed as many of the enemies lining the walls as possible, then Palutena busted open the doors for the League to stream forth. Reinforcements poured in from a secret entrance to the east, but they were no match for the Archanean League. The snipers set up spot near a sheltering statue while Silver, TGK, Vom, and Ogma went around the back side to deal with them directly.

Soon, Green had obtained all of his spoils and began the journey back towards the throne room. BB and TGK had just teamed up to take down the Mage Dragon boss while Silver, Celever, and PMJ held back the remaining reinforcements. Keeper happened to find an odd, hidden shop towards the back of the castle and stocked up on some rare items. As soon as Green made it into the throne room, he collapsed down on the throne.

<Green> Phew, finally, that battle is over with.
<TT> Prince Green, congrats on winning the battle!
<Green> Thank you. :3
<TT> Any luck finding your family?
<Green> My mother's dead and my sister has been taken by IE. The Mage Dragon guarding the throne said as much before he died.
<TT> I'm so sorry. :<
<Green> Well, hey, at least I got my castle back, right? That's pretty good revenge.
<BV> Sire! The peasants are congregating outside the castle!
<Green> Ohboy, what do they want? >_>
<BV> They're cheering for you! :D
<Green> :D
<TT> As well they should; you have saved them from a tyrannical dictatorship and restored their previous monarchy... which was still a dictatorship, but a much nicer one. I mean, seriously, did you see the stuff they've done to Altea in the past few years?
<BV> Yes, they're very grateful that Prince Green has come to liberate them.
<Green> Well, I may as well go off and give them a nice royal wave. It's not like I just learned that my mother's dead and my sister has been kidnapped by some mad, evil warlord or anything. Let's give the people what they want.​

Current Team:

Green: Lv. 17 Lord
TGK: Lv. 1 Paladin
Palutena: Lv. 18 Archer
Tails: Lv. 3 Horseman
Silver: Lv. 18 Myrmidon
Celever: Lv. 18 Mage
Keeper: Lv. 8 Horseman
Cap'n BB: Lv. 4 Sniper
Vom: Lv. 6 Swordmaster
Athena: Lv. 9 Sniper
PMJ: Lv. 1 Sage

Waiting for the Pyre:
Bantu: Lv. 1 Manakete

Decisions:

Reclassing!

We will be reclassing one character each chapter to a new class. Reclass details are available in the spoiler below:

TGK: Paladin (Sword C, Lance D)
Sniper - Bow A (Gain Skl/Spd, Lose Def/Res/Horse)
Swordmaster - Sword B (Gain Skl/Spd, Lose Str/Def/Res/Horse)
Sage - Tome D, Staff E (Gain Mag, Lose Str/Skl/Spd/Def/Res/Horse)
Bishop - Tome E, Staff D (Gain Mag/Res, Lose Str/Skl/Spd/Def/Horse)
Dracoknight - Lance D, Axe E (Gain Str/Def/Dragon, Lose Res/Horse)

Palutena: Archer (Bow E)
Myrmidon - Sword E (Gain Spd/Skl, Lose Str/Def)
Mage - Tome E (Gain Mag/Res, Lose Str/Skl/Spd/Def)
Cleric - Staff E (Gain Res, Lose Str/Skl/Spd/Def)
Pegasus Knight - Lance A (Gain Mag/Skl/Spd/Red/Peg, Lose Str/Def)

Tails: Horseman (Sword C, Bow C)
Berserker - Axe D (Gain Str, Lose Mag/Skl/Spd/Res/Horse)
Sorcerer - Tome D, Staff E (Gain Mag/Res, Lose Str/Skl/Spd/Def/Horse)
General - Lance D, Bow C (Gain Str/Def, Lose Skl/Spd/Horse)
Hero - Sword C, Axe E (Gain Skl/Spd/Def, Lose Horse)
Warrior - Axe D, Bow C (Gain Str, Lose Mag/Skl/Def/Res)

Silver: Myrmidon (Sword A)
Curate - Staff E (Gain Mag/Res, Lose Str/Skl/Spd/Def)
Cavalier - Sword A, Lance E (Gain Str/Def/Horse, Lose Skl/Spd)
Archer - Bow E (Gain Str/Def, Lose Skl/Spd)

Celever: Mage (Tome D)
Cleric - Staff B (Gain Res, Lose Mag/Def)
Pegasus Knight - Lance E (Gain Str/Skl/Spd/Def/Res/Peg, Lose Mag)
Archer - Bow E (Gain Str/Skl/Spd/Def, Lose Mag/Res)
Myrmidon - Sword E (Gain Str/Skl/Spd/Def, Lose Mag/Res)

Keeper: Horseman (Sword E, Bow C)
Berserker - Axe D (Gain Str, Lose Skl/Spd/Res/Horse)
General - Lance D, Bow E (Gain Str/Def, Lose Skl/Spd/Horse)
Hero - Sword D, Axe E (Gain Skl/Spd/Def, Lose Horse)
Warrior - Axe D, Bow E (Gain Str, Lose Skl/Def/Res/Horse)

Cap'n BB: Sniper (Bow C)
Swordmaster - Sword C (Gain Skl/Spd, lose Str/Def)
Sage - Tome D, Staff E (Gain Mag/Res, Lose Str/Skl/Spd/Def)
Bishop - Tome E, Staff D (Gain Mag/Res, Lose Str/Skl/Spd/Def)
Dracoknight - Lance A, Axe E (Gain Str/Def/Dragon, Lose Skl/Spd)
Paladin - Sword D, Lance A (Gain Def/Res/Horse, Lose Skl/Spd)

Vom: Swordmaster (Sword C)
Sage - Tome B, Staff D (Gain Mag/Res, Lose Str/Skl/Spd/Def)
Bishop - Tome C, Staff D (Gain Mag/Res, Lose Str/Skl/Spd/Def)
Dracoknight - Lance D, Axe E (Gain Str/Def/Dragon, Lose Skl/Spd)
Paladin - Lance D, Sword E (Gain Str/Def/Res/Horse, Lose Skl/Spd)
Sniper - Bow C (Gain Str/Def, Lose Skl/Spd)

Athena: Sniper (Bow C)
Swordmaster - Sword C (Gain Skl/Spd, Lose Str/Def)
Sage - Tome D, Staff C (Gain Mag/Res, Lose Str/Skl/Spd/Def)
Dracoknight - Axe A, Lance D (Gain Str/Def/Dragon, Lose Skl/Spd)
Paladin - Sword E, Lance D (Gain Def/Res/Horse, Lose Skl/Spd)

PMJ: Sage (Tome B, Staff E)
Bishop - Tome B, Staff E (Gain Res, Lose Str/Mag)
Dracoknight - Lance D, Axe E (Gain Str/Skl/Spd/Def/Dragon, Lose Mag/Res)
Paladin - Sword E, Lance D (Gain Str/Skl/Spd/Def/Res/Horse, Lose Mag)
Sniper - Bow C (Gain Str/Skl/Spd/Def, Lose Mag/Res)
Swordmaster - Sword E (Gain Str/Skl/Spd/Def, Lose Mag/Res)

If you would like more info for any reclass (such as hard stat numbers), feel free to ask!

Please vote for one character to reclass and which class you would like them to change to! The option with the most votes will win and be reclassed before the fighting next chapter begins. In the event of a tie or otherwise unclear winner, priority will be given to the character with the most total votes, followed by class votes, likes, and GM preference.

Please ask if you have any questions!

Forging!

We can (and will) forge one weapon per chapter as well. Forging a weapons gives it better attacking power, and also you can give the weapon a customized name! If you have any suggestions for names or weapons to forge, you're welcome to suggest them. Unlike Reclassing, votes/suggestions for Forging will not automatically be taken, since priority will be given to those characters that need a boost (such as low Str or recently reclassed units), but your thoughts and ideas will certainly be taken into account, especially for naming purposes.

Promoting!

We now have 1 Master Seal that we can use to promote one of our characters if we like. We don't need to promote anyone until they hit Lv. 20 in their base class, but they can be promoted early if you guys want, so feel free to give suggestions if/when you think we're ready for them.

Player Notes:

So, today's playthrough started out poorly. I had started the chapter and was chatting with a friend over Skype. I went to type something to him, thinking that his window was in front, but DeSmuMe was actually in front and I somehow managed to load a save state from the previous chapter. >_< Because save states "override" natural saves and I had not used any save states yet in 17, I ended up having to play through the end of 16 again before I could continue. It was annoying, but not particularly difficult, thankfully, and the changes compared to what actually happened yesterday were minor. Green ended up getting less EXP and as a result, he didn't end up getting to Lv. 17 until this chapter, but that's about it.

You really do have to kind of rush at the thieves in this level if you don't want to lose any loot. There are 2 thieves that start the chapter right in the room with the chests and will steal first turn and then make a beeline to a side exit. Tails, Keeper, and TGK were fast enough to block the entrance so they couldn't leave and the others swept the enemies.

Both TGK and PMJ hit Lv. 20 during the course of this chapter, and as a result, I went ahead and promoted them immediately, since it's not like there's branching promos in this game or anything. TGK is much more useful as a Cav than he was as an Archer; mov++ is very nice, and with a forged lance he can do some serious damage. The Spd boost, minor as it was, also helped a lot. He was only doubled by some enemies this time around! :U If there were any other Cavs, he'd probably look like a slacker, but for right now, he's really shining. Paladin promotion boosts his stats up even further and also gives him a bit of a boost to his lance rank. PMJ as a Sage finally gives us a staff user.

This chapter also gives us our first Secret Shop, and I ended up blowing a lot of our money there, mostly on Killer Bows and Longbows, though I also got a Dragonpike, another Wyrmslayer, and I think some other things, too.

We've got 1 more Master Seal if you want to suggest any more promotions. We have 3 people left to promote still, though we won't be getting any Seals next chapter since it's a Gaiden. 1 more in 18, and then the last in 19. Otherwise, we can just wait and give it to whoever hits 20 first.

As always, I hope you enjoyed the chapter. :3 Please suggest reclasses for next time. <3

<TGK> Um, Prince Green?
<Green> Yes, TGK?
<Green> You should have picked a better character, then. Everyone knows Gordin sucks.

That part was funny, at TGK's expense though. Wasn't expecting as blunt of a response from Green, but it seemed that much funnier to me.

I enjoyed this Chapter and I'm looking forward to the next.

<TGK> Um, Prince Green?
<Green> Yes, TGK?
<Green> You should have picked a better character, then. Everyone knows Gordin sucks.​
>_> Well, uh, I'm better than Vom?

Anyways, let's save the master seal for when Celever hits level 20.

Chapter 17x: Hello Monocle Man!

<TGK> So, now that we've finished liberating your castle and all, I've decided that I really need to be more positive about myself and embrace my inner crappiness. Can I go back to bows and become a Sniper?
<Green> ... I hate you.
<TGK> I'll take that as a yes! *runs off*
<Green> *sigh* Alright, everyone else, listen up please. My homeland is liberated!
<Everyone> Hurray! \o/
<Green> However, I still want to hit the enemy hard where it will hurt them the most.
<Tails> In their gonads?
<Green> In their pocketbooks.
<Tails> Oh. >_>
<Green> While Grust was occupying Altea, they kept the majority of their treasure, provisions, gold, etc. in a castle to the north, Helena Castle named after... I dunno, probably some broad.
<Palutena> North of here? But Altea has been liberated...
<Green> It's not in Altea.
<Vom> Is it in Grust? That would make sense, but that's west of here.
<PMJ> Hey, if you look at this map, it actually looks like Castle Helena is part of Khadein...
<Green> Look, everyone, just shut up. It doesn't matter where it is; we're going to kill everyone and clean it out regardless. Everyone, grab your weapons and prepare to march out!​

Everyone nodded and prepared for battle. The began their march and eventually ended up at Castle Helena, a fortification of dubious origins and nationality, but apparently filled with tasty loot. The castle's commander was distracted with some kind of prisoner interrogation, so Prince Green and the League were able to make their way into the courtyard without being seen. They charged the entrance and then battle was on.

As is typical for Prince Green's missions, loot was the highest priority, so the Archanean League headed right instead of left, aiming for the treasury and other hidden rooms instead of beelining to the castle. Guards came forward to challenge them, but they were in too small of numbers to post much of a threat.

Thanks to the copious amounts of generic Door Keys purchased from various shops, the League was able to easily open all of the doors and begin pilfering loot. Green, Tails, and Keeper stayed behind to sweep the last of the chests up on that side while the remaining League members backtracked to begin the trek towards the throne room. Eventually Green caught up and they made steady progress, though reinforcements slowed them down. Finally, all chests were opened, the loot was piled up, the fortress's boss was dead, and Marth was able to relax on the throne.

<Etzel> Oh, sire, thank goodness you arrived!
<Green> Hey, sweet monocle!
<Etzel> Thank you. ^_^
<Green> So, uh, who are you again?
<Etzel> My name is Etzel and I'm a traveling sorcerer. I was held prisoner by this lout that you've recently dethroned. He wanted me to fight for him and tried to coerce me by stealing a ring of mine.
<Green> Stupid git. :|
<Etzel> That ring is all I have left of my dead wife, you see. She was killed in the fighting when Gra betrayed ALtea all those years ago.
<Green> Oh, jeez, I'm sorry. >_>
<Etzel> Thank you for your condolences.
<Green> You know, that betrayal cost me my home and my parents and I'm currently on a quest for revenge. Feel like joining up for a bit of revenge of your own?
<Etzel> Sure!​

Current Team:

Green: Lv. 18 Lord
TGK: Lv. 3 Sniper
Palutena: Lv. 18 Archer
Tails: Lv. 4 Horseman
Silver: Lv. 12 Myrmidon
Celever: Lv. 2 Sage
Keeper: Lv. 9 Horseman
Cap'n BB: Lv. 5 Sniper
Vom: Lv. 6 Swordmaster
Athena: Lv. 6 Sniper
PMJ: Lv. 2 Sage

Waiting for the Pyre:
Etzel: Lv. 6 Sorcerer

Decisions:

Reclassing!

We will be reclassing one character each chapter to a new class. Reclass details are available in the spoiler below:

TGK: Sniper (Bow A)
Swordmaster - Sword B (Gain Skl/Spd, Lose Str/Def)
Paladin - Cword C, Lance D (Gain Def/Res/Horse, Lose Skl/Spd)

Palutena: Archer (Bow E)

Tails: Horseman (Sword C, Bow C)

Celever: Sage (Tome C, Staff B)
Bishop - Tome C, Staff A (Gain Res, Lose Str/Mag)
Swordmaster - Sword C (Gain Str/Skl/Spd/Def, Lose Mag/Res)

Keeper: Horseman (Sword D, Bow C)

Athena: Sniper (Bow C)
Swordmaster - Sword C (Gain Skl/Spd, Lose Str/Def)
Sage - Tome D, Staff C (Gain Mag/Res, Lose Str/Skl/Spd/Def)
Dracoknight - Axe A, Lance D (Gain Str/Def/Dragon, Lose Skl/Spd)
Paladin - Sword E, Lance D (Gain Def/Res/Horse, Lose Skl/Spd)

PMJ: Sage (Tome B, Staff E)

If you would like more info for any reclass (such as hard stat numbers), feel free to ask!

Please vote for one character to reclass and which class you would like them to change to! The option with the most votes will win and be reclassed before the fighting next chapter begins. In the event of a tie or otherwise unclear winner, priority will be given to the character with the most total votes, followed by class votes, likes, and GM preference.

Forging!

We can (and will) forge one weapon per chapter as well. Forging a weapons gives it better attacking power, and also you can give the weapon a customized name! If you have any suggestions for names or weapons to forge, you're welcome to suggest them. Unlike Reclassing, votes/suggestions for Forging will not automatically be taken, since priority will be given to those characters that need a boost (such as low Str or recently reclassed units), but your thoughts and ideas will certainly be taken into account, especially for naming purposes.

Promoting!

We now have 1 Master Seal that we can use to promote one of our characters if we like. We don't need to promote anyone until they hit Lv. 20 in their base class, but they can be promoted early if you guys want, so feel free to give suggestions if/when you think we're ready for them.

Player Notes:

Etzel is definitely my favourite of the new characters introduced in Shadow Dragon. Long red hair, badass monocle, sweet outfit, and of course he's a Sorc because they're awesome. Shame we'll have to kill him.

Pretty straightforward chapter, like most of the Gaidens. Funnily enough, even though BV comes in at the end and says something about using the enemy's coffers to buy weapons for the army, you don't actually get any gold this chapter. :< We did get some nice items from the chests, though, including another Longbow.

I complain because my OCD hates having so many characters in the same class, but TGK actually makes a competent Sniper. The promotion boost gives him an A rank in bows so he can wield Silver, which is very nice, and the Skl/Spd boost lets him double a lot. In short, he's doing alright.

Celever hit Lv. 20 during this chapter so she went ahead and got her promotion, too. As a Sage, she regains access to her B staff rank, which is actually very close to becoming an A. It feels very nice to have healers again. ~_~; I'm having PMJ spam heal to boost her staff rank up and she's already almost at B.

Anyway, I guess that's about it. Hope you all enjoyed the chapter! Please suggest reclasses for next time as well. <3

Since we have two Snipers; either Cap'n BB should change or Athena should.

Maybe reclass Athena into a Dracoknight?

I don't want to be a sniper. I was doing just fine as a Cavalier, and I'm probably worse than all the other archers we've got!

Can I be a cavalier again?

EDIT: Just realised since I was promoted, I'll become a Paladin instead. Still want to do that, though.

Chapter 18: The very long battle of the bridge

<Green> Alright, so, Altea is saved, and we've disrupted the Grustian supply line. I guess our next course of action will be to obtain those two thingabobbers that Gotoh wanted. He said they were... somewhere.
<TT> They should be located in the Fane of Raman.
<Green> The famous ramen? What's that, some kind of noodle dish?
<BV> *clears throat* The Fane of Raman is a sanctuary build by the Divine Dragons to host their most important treasures.
<Green> Ooooh, sounds like a fun place to pilfer. Where it is?
<BV> It's located in Grust, sire. I'm afraid we may have to battle the Sable Order to get through to the Fane.
<Green> Oooh, excellent! I want to murder those guys anyway, so this will work out perfectly.
<TT> :<
<Athena> Hey, do you think it would be okay if I started riding Minerva again?
<Green> Yes, please do! >.>​

And so Athena went off to saddle Minerva and prepare her Axes while the rest of the League made ready for the journey to Grust. The marched north, then east and down into the peninsula of Grust with not even token resistance. However, this did not mean that Grust meant to let them pass unharmed, just that they wanted to choose their battleground carefully. The Sable Order set up a blockade over a bridge near the city of Chiasmir where the fabled Fane was located.

<BV> Sire, enemies spotted across the bridge--it's the Sable Order!
<Green> Well, if it's a fight they want, we're ready for them.
<TT> Can you tell who is leading the enemy troops?
<Green> Why do you care?
<TT> Oh, well, I heard that the Sable Order is led by a brilliant military general... it's not like I have a crush on him or anything... *blushes furiously*
<Green> Ah, you must mean General Camoclone. Yes, I recall hearing of his battle prowess back when my father was still fightign against the Grustians.
<BV> Yes, but our intelligence reports that he has fallen out of favour with Dolhr.
<TT> Oh?
<BV> Acting outside of orders, or some such. I don't think we'll find him all the way out here outside of their influence.
<TT> Ah, yes, well, this is good news! For the League, that is, since it means your chances of winning the battle will be increased, yes. *blush*
<Green> Bah, we'd kick his ass too if we needed to. But for now, to battle!​

The League entered battle formation and prepared to advance across the bridge. The Sable Order probably thought that the narrow bridge would impede the League's crossing and while they were right, it also worked in the Leagues favour. Prince Green and Silver stood side by side to guard the narrow front line while arrows and magic rained down from behind and Athena flew over water to stab at the enemy soldiers from the side. They were able to quickly decimate the Order's advancing forces, and Green sent Tails off to a nearby depot to collect supplies for their army. The Archanean League had just reached the opposite side when a single enemy reinforcement began to fly towards them over the river.

<Athena> Stay your bows, men.
<BB> What? Why? She's an easy target!
<Athena> Because she's not an enemy; that's my subordinate, Est!
<Est> Princess Athena! Prince Green! I'm so happy to finally catch up with you.
<Green> What took you so long, anyway? Your sisters have been de.... uh, with us for some time now.
<Est> I heard that Grust made off with one of Archanea's legendary regalia, the sword Mercurius, so I thought I would get it back for you.
<Green> Oooh, sweet, thanks!
<Athena> Est, look out for that arrow!
<Est> Ayyyie! So sorry, commander... I did my best... I would have liked to see my sisters... one last time... x_x;;
<Green> Well, uh, at least she died not knowing Palla and Catria are also dead. >_>​

Green and the League began their march towards the local fortress, but were distracted by the appearance of many enemy reinforcements to the west. While their attention was focused in that direction, one of the enemy cavaliers stationed near the fort was able to sneak up and Etzel.

<Etzel> Ursula... I'm coming soon, my love... x_x;​

Eventually all of the reinforcements were dead and only the boss was left, a lone Paladin sitting in front of the fortress gate, twiddling his thumbs.

<Green> Hey guys, form up, I have a plan.
<Everyone> Yes? :3
<Green> Palutena, you suck at being an archer.
<Palutena> Thanks for your words of confidence, prince. -_-;
<Green> No, see, I'm giving you an opportunity to practice. Take that Iron Bow of yours and get on that hill and shoot at the boss. He won't leave his post, so he won't be able to counter-attack you.
<Palutena> But, Green, you said it yourself: I suck at being an archer. I'm hardly going to put a dent in his armor!
<Green> Oh, yeah, I'm not expecting you to damage him, I just plan on improving your weapon rank. Keep shooting that Iron Bow of yours until it breaks. That should get you at least up to D rank.
<Palutena> Alright... but what are the rest of you guys going to do?
<Green> Hmmm... Tails?
<Tails> Yes, sir?
<Green> You went off to those shops earlier to grab supplies. Did you happen to see an Arena nearby?
<Tails> Actually, yes, I did.
<Green> Well, our funds are running a bit low. I want you, BB, and Athena to go up there and make us some money. PMJ, follow them and take a few Heal staves to get your staff rank up, too.​

With this plan in mind, everyone agreed and broke up. While Athena, BB, and Tails made a big pile of money for the army, Caeda kept plinking away at the boss until her arrows were spent, then Celever and Green came over to finish the job. Finally, the battle was over.

<Green> Alright, everyone, take five. Let's chill out in the fort overnight and then head out to the Fane in the morning.
<BV> We will want to prepare carefully for the journey to the Fane, my lord.
<Green> Oh? Is it guarded by dragons or something?
<BV> Not just any dragon, but a Divine Dragon Goddess, furious with righteous indignation and ready to blast fire at anyone who dares approach her treasures.
<TT> Yikes!
<Green> Pfft, I've fought several of these manaketes and they're not all that hard. Besides, we still have a dragon of our own to help teach us their secrets! We'll conquer the Fane and grab the thingamabobs for Gotoh, no sweat.​

Current Team:

Green: Lv. 21 Lord
TGK: Lv. 4 Sniper
Palutena: Lv. 20 Archer
Tails: Lv. 8 Horseman
Silver: Lv. 20 Myrmidon
Celever: Lv. 4 Sage
Cap'n BB: Lv. 9 Sniper
Vom: Lv. 7 Swordmaster
Athena: Lv. 8 Sniper
PMJ: Lv. 5 Sage

Waiting for the Pyre:

Decisions:

Reclassing!

TGK: Sniper (Bow A)
Swordmaster - Sword B (Gain Skl/Spd, Lose Str/Def)
Paladin - Cword C, Lance D (Gain Def/Res/Horse, Lose Skl/Spd)

Palutena: Archer (Bow D)

Tails: Horseman (Sword C, Bow B)

Celever: Sage (Tome C, Staff A)

Athena: Dracoknight (Lance D, Axe A)
Paladin - Sword E, Lance D (Gain Res/Horse, Lose Str/Def/Dragon)
Sniper - Bow C (Gain Skl/Spd, Lose Str/Def/Dragon)
Swordmaster - Sword C (Gain Skl/Spd, Lose Str/Def/Dragon)
Sage - Tome D, Staff C (Gain Mag/Res, Lose Str/Skl/Spd/Def/Dragon)
Bishop - Tome E, Staff D (Gain Mag/Res, Lose Str/Skl/Spd/Def/Dragon)

PMJ: Sage (Tome B, Staff D)

Forging!

Promoting!

Palutena and Silver have both hit Level 20! One of them must be promoted before the next chapter. The one that doesn't get promoted will get their Master Seal in the middle of next chapter anyway, so it's not really a big deal which one we pick, unless you specifically want to reclass one of them to a different promoted class (They both have access to Sniper, Swordmaster, Dracoknight, Paladin, Sage, and Bishop.)

Player Notes:

So, yeah, this chapter did end up taking pretty long, mostly because of the plan discussed in the second to last dialogue section there. I really did have Tails, Athena, and BB repeatedly fighting the Arena to get us gold while Palutena kept plinking away at the boss. She got about halfway through D rank. I could have pulled another Iron Bow from storage, but I was bored at this point.

Otherwise, it was a pretty straightforward chapter. Got some good experience and weapon ranks in, very easy to complete. Athena's back in Dracoknight form and it suits her well; since she's already got an A in Axes, I'm mostly working on getting her Lance rank up. Her HP is low (could use a Seraph Robe), but otherwise she's doing well.

Next chapter will see all of our units promoted and also the arrival of our very last party member, Scattered Mind! We've still got a max of 9 chapters to go, though (depending on if we decide to do 24x or not), so plenty of game time left.

Chapter 19: Princess Scattered Mind

<Green> So, huh, this is the Fane of Ramen, I guess? Pretty big building.
<BV> Well, the dragons are also pretty big, sire.
<Green> Fair enough, I guess I expected something a bit more... churchly.
<TT> Good luck inside, Prince Green.
<Green> Thanks, but I'm not too worried. Palutena? Silver? Come over here.
<Palutena> Yes, my prince. :3
<Silver> ...
<Green> So, you guys are the only unpromoted soldiers that we have left.
<Palutena> So long as I am by your side, I don't care if I'm promoted. <3
<Green> And, you, Silver? Do you not care either?
<Silver> ...
<Green> *sigh* Alright, fine, I'll flip a coin. And... heads, the Master Seal goes to Silver.
<Silver> ...
<Green> Palutena, stay by my side during the battle and as soon as we get another seal, it'll be yours.
<Palutena> Staying by yourself is enough of a treasure to me. <3
<Green> ... Right. Anyway, anything else?
<TGK> *raises hand* Can I be a Paladin again?
<Green> Yes, please do.
<TGK> Woohoo! \o/
<Green> Anything else? No? Alright, go get ready to storm this holy sanctuary full of treasure.​

As the Archanean League prepare for battle outside, the Fane's defenders were also making ready inside. The Dragon Princess Scattered Mind sat on her throne as her soldiers scurried about her. While she waited, a familiar figure warped in...

<IE> Ah, SM, Princess of the Divine Dragons.
<SM> ...
<IE> Can you hear me, sweetie pie?
<SM> ... yes.
<IE> Defilers are coming to your temple! They want nothing more than to loot and destroy everything you hold dear. Punish them! Purify them in your divine flames!
<SM> ... defilers... yes... they will be... punished.
<IE> Remember, sweet IE, that I am all you have left. The other Divine Dragons are dead, and Bantu has abandoned you. I am the only one who cares about you and will protect you from DNA.
<SM> ... yes... IE is my... friend... I will... punish the defilers...
<IE> Such a good girl. <3 *teleports away*​

Soon, Green and the League had busted open the front door and everyone poured into the temple. Palutena and Bantu were armed with keys and opened side chambers quickly, hoping to find the chests for Green to open that contained the Starsphere and the Lightsphere... as well as any other goodies that might prove useful, too. The others marched steadily forward, killing the defenders that came at them. Celever happened to kill a Thief with her magic and picked up the Lightsphere that he had been carrying.

<Celever> Prince Green! I got one!
<Green> Good work! We'll keep searching the chests for the others.​

As Green and Caeda continued looting, Bantu went ahead to catch up with the others as they entered the final room. There, on the throne, was the very person he'd been looking for for so long: the Divine Dragon Princess SM!

<Bantu> SM! Oh, frabjous day! I've found you at last! :D
<SM> ... stop, defiler... I shall... purify...
<Bantu> Oh, hmm, it looks like you're in some kind of trance... IE must have done it, that ^*($.
<SM> Purify... with flames...
<Bantu> Alright... let's see what I can do here... Peace, child, awaken! *flash*
<SM> *blink* Ban-Ban? Where am I? What's going on?
<Bantu> Awww, there's my precious girl. <3 Are you hurt at all?
<SM> No, just confused. And a bit scared. I feel like... I was having the worst nightmare.
<Bantu> It's okay, you're safe with me now. :3
<SM> :3​

Meanwhile, Green and Caeda kept searching. They found a Master Seal to let her promote into a Sniper, and then finally, in the very last chest, Marth recovered the Starsphere. He popped it in his pocket and ran for the throne room where he saw Bantu talking to the ferocious Dragon that he'd been warned about... she looked like a little girl.

<Green> Oh, wait, are you Princess SM, the one Bantu was looking for?
<SM> Yes! You must be Prince Green. Bantu told me about you! :3 Will you take me along with you?
<Green> Sure, if you want to come. I mean, there's going to be fighting and stuff...
<SM> Hurray! \o/
<Green> o_o;
<TT> *rushes in* Did you get the spheres?
<Green> Yep! They're both right here.
<TT> Oh, good, we can get over to Gotoh right away, then.
<Green> Not so fast!
<TT> o.o?
<Green> Before we leave for Macedon... we need to take care of Grust.
<TT> But...
<Green> We need to finish them off now, while we're here, otherwise they could just regroup and attack us from the rear. We've already got unfriendly Macedon ahead of us, and Dolhr too close for comfort, so I'm not going to leave my back unexposed to another enemy threat.
<TT> So, you mean to conquer the country, then?
<Green> Yep. It's about time we face General Camo anyway.
<TT> Are you sure we have to?
<Green> It's either that or risk the entire League, and that's not something I'm willing to do, so, yes, it's necessary.
<TT> In that case... I have a confession to make.
<Green> Oh?
<TT> Not now... I need time to... sort out my feeling. But some time soon, there is something I must tell you.
<Green> Girls and their feelings... *sigh*​

Current Team:

TGK: Lv. 5 Paladin
Palutena: Lv. 1 Sniper
Silver: Lv. 2 Swordmaster
Celever: Lv. 4 Sage
Cap'n BB: Lv. 9 Sniper
Athena: Lv. 9 Dracoknight
PMJ: Lv. 6 Sage
Princess SM: Lv. 1 Manakete

Waiting for the Pyre:

Decisions:

Reclassing!

Palutena: Sniper (Bow C)
Swordmaster - Sword C (Gain Spd/Skl, Lose Str/Def)
Paladin - Sword E, Lance A (Gain Def/Res/Horse, Lose Skl/Spd)

Silver: Swordmaster (Sword A)
Bishop - Staff D, Tome E (Gain Mag/Res, Lose Str/Skl/Spd/Def)
Paladin - Sword A, Lance D (Gain Str/Def/Horse, Lose Skl/Spd)

Cap'n BB: Sniper (Bow B)

Forging!

Player Notes:

Now that we have all of our characters, and everyone who can be promoted is, it's time for another Unit Recap!

Prince Green
Hvr1Dz7.png

Prince Green is doing okay. He didn't get a single point of experience this chapter because he was too busy popping chests, but them's the breaks. He'll probably start to be outclassed quickly now that the others are all promoted, but he's still got his Rapier for effective damage, which is nice, and the Falchion will be a nice power boost once we get it. In the meantime, he's a decently competent front-line fighter, something we don't have many of, and our only chest-opener, so he'll always be a valuable unit.

TGK
egqbLkT.png

TGK has flopped around between classes a lot lately, but now that he's promoted, he's improved his quality a lot, and really he does well as either a Sniper or a Paladin. Paladin is definitely the overall more useful class, though, given the extra movement and "rare" lance usage. He's currently tied for the highest Def stat, which makes him an excellent unit for EP and front guard. I'm currently working on building up his Lance rank. In other circumstances, I would complain about his low Str, but considering the rest of our team, he's actually one of the best units at dishing out melee damage.

Palutena
BWLujRw.png

Palutena's Spd, Skl, and Lck are all amazing, but her low Str and Bow rank (and pitiful 5 Mov) have kept her from doing, well, anything for the past couple chapters or so. She's finally promoted now, but by the time she got her Master Seal this chapter, there were no more enemies left, so I can't really see in practice how much her promotion helped her. In theory, it should help a lot. She's just a smidgen away from B Bows which would let her wield Silver, and the promoted Str boost should help her out as well. Unfortunately, Sniper will always be a detriment to Palutena since it stops her from wielding her unique (and awesome) weapon, the Wing Spear. A Dracoknight or Paladin class change would give her back her Lance access.

Tails
lZxzrea.png

Tails is performing very solidly. Horseman gives him a lot of movement and his Sword and Bow ranks are both doing very well. He's one of the best characters I have for killing things and often runs out to protect other units or deal with reinforcements. He and Keeper tend to work together, since they share movement and either can do melee or ranged damage effectively. I usually prefer to keep him in his native Hero class for promotion, but Horseman gives him extra movement and he's doing really well with Bows, so I'm pretty happy with how he's turning out.

Silver the Silent
CvtIUbt.png

Silver is probably the character who gets the least out of his promotion. He was already at A Swords, and doesn't gain anything new, so it's mostly just a few extra stat points. However, he was already one of the most consistent characters that we had, so he's still performing very well. Since he promoted so late, I gave him most of the kills this chapter to help boost up his exp. The Wo Dao gives him an almoost 50% crit rate thanks to his his Skl. I guess that if I were to swap him to a different class, it would be Paladin, since he would still be able to use his A Swords and gain a lot of extra movement and durability, but it's a pretty severe Skl/Spd reduction.

Celever
w0rQgXH.png

Now that she's promoted, Celever can really shine. She's got higher mov, a nice boost to her Mag (I also gave her the Spirit Dust we got this chapter to help boost that), and most importantly, she's gained her Staff use back for excellent healing, and warping, and other good stuff. Sage is really the optimal class for her since it boosts her Mag the most and she really doesn't need the extra Res she'd get from a Bishop swap. Next chapter, she gets a unique staff.

Keeper
gDEpDhq.png

Now that enemies are getting tougher, Keeper is finally actually starting to gain EXP on kills, which is nice. His level-ups have all been amazing, so I'm looking forward to him getting more. I'm trying to work on both his Sword and Bow rank, though of course that means progress is kind of slow on both. He's gotten up to D swords and aaaalmost B Bows. I think once he has C Swords he'll be fine, since that's where the cool swords are. Anyway, he mostly works with Tails since they compliment well. His stats are all lower, but he still holds his own.

BB
T5hyEyu.png

Sniper seems an odd choice for BB, but it's working out decently for him. He's worked his way all the way up to B Bows and he has the Str and Spd to OHKO almost all non-boss enemies. He's probably the most consistent unit that I have, and I still occasionally put him in the front lines; he may not be able to counterattack, but his Def is decent and he dodges like a boss. Dracoknight or Paladin would probably a better use of his stats, but really he can excel in basically any non-magic class thanks to his nice growths.

Vom
G7aamZ4.png

Look! He has some Str now! Not only did I give him an Energy Drop, but he get 2 (!!) Str level ups (10% chance for each). He's still middling at best for a melee class, though, and mostly used for chip damage. At least, with C Swords, I can give him the various effective swords for extra damage. Since he's been melee focused for a while now, he wouldn't really be effective as a Magic user anymore, but a Dracoknight or Paladin reclass would give him more usability, higher move and some much-needed Str/Def boosts, since he dodges like a sack of potatos.

Athena
Bi7CjVi.png

Athena's time as a Sniper gave her some much-needed Skl boost, but she's definitely more useful back on a dragon like she belongs. Her A Axe rank gives her nice offensive capabilities, and I'm also working on boosting her Lance rank to help cover up her weaknesses. I also gave her a Seraph Robe from last chapter to boost her low HP a bit and help flesh out her tankiness. Overall, she's not as useful as the non-prepromotes, but is doing decently well.

Promotion: N/A

PMJ
AU9lrEn.png

PMJ is definitely our strongest offensive magic user, with high Mag and almost an A rank in Tomes, too. She will be our Starlight wielder when the time comes. I'm currently working on boosting her Staff rank so she can at least get to C staves so she can Physic and Warp. Next to BB, she's our best user in terms of raw damage output, and is definitely in the class that makes her shine the most.

Princess SM
oW7Mhcd.png

As the boss recruited from the very last chapter we played, I haven't had a chance to use SM at all yet. That said, I've used her in previous playthroughs before, so I can tell you: don't let her low stats fool you; she's a powerhouse. She can wield both Firestones and Divinestones, and she gets a stat boost from either, a higher boost for the Divine, but they're both good. Being a basic tier class, she also levels up quickly and has high growths in everything except Mag, Def, and Res. Of those, she doesn't use Mag and gets good boosts to both Def and Res from her stone. I'll have to feed her some kills in the beginning, but she'll likely be the most powerful unit I have by endgame.

Anyway, this actual chapter is... stupidly easy. There are very few enemies and no reinforcements. There are actually a few more enemies behind closed doors, but I purposefully left those ones alone. Not because I didn't want to fight them, but because I'm really short on keys. >.< Green's Fire Emblem only lets him open chests, not doors (and we killed all off our two useable thieves), so the only way I can open doors is via keys purchased or dropped. I thought I had a bunch bought, but I must have used them all up because I barely had enough keys even just to open the doors that opened on chests, so I had to prioritize. This means we missed killing a Sniper that could have given us another Master Seal, but we don't need anymore Seals since everyone is promoted anyway.

I also apparently won't be able to buy any more door keys until the very last chapter, so I hope this doesn't screw me over at all. >_> I guess I can always Warp people into rooms if I need to, so long as the rooms aren't "hidden" under ceilings like these ones were.

Anyway, that's about it. :3 Please suggest some more reclasses over the weekend! :D Next chapter will be posted on Monday.

Also, for the record, I will be leaving for a short vacation on Tuesday. As such, after Monday's chapter there will not be another chapter until the following Monday.

Chapter 20: In which Princess TT says goodbye to love

<Green> Alright, so, we're conquering Grust. Where do we start?
<BB> We're well within Grustian territory. Why don't we just march to Castle Grust and either kill their king or force them to surrender?
<BV> Yeah, King Ludwik is pretty ill and infirm. He'd probably cave into us.
<Green> Alright, that sounds like a good plan then. Let's head out.
<Palutena> Prince Green?
<Green> Yes, Palutena?
<Palutena> Did you know that, now that I'm promoted, my Pegasus turned into a Dragon?
<Green> Wait, really? That's pretty damn cool.
<Palutena> I know, right? I thought I might ditch the bow and swap back to flying, if that's cool with you.
<Green> Sure, go for it. We can always use more Dragons.
<Palutena> Yay! <3​

And so Palutena ran off to grab her new dragon and the Archanean League began it's march towards the heart of Grust, which was unsurprisingly not very far away. They came to the castle from the east and could see a few remaining Grustian soldiers preparing to defend the castle against him. Princess TT was silent and withdrawn the whole journey.

<Green> So, TT, we're about to take over Grust. You ready to talk yet?
<TT> I suppose so... *sigh* You know how Dolhr and Grust invaded Archanea and killed my family, right?
<Green> Yeah. >_>
<TT> Well, they really wanted me dead, too. After all, I'm the last member of the holy family of Archanea. But.... But General Camoclone of the Sable Order stood up for me and my life. He was the one in charge of my capture, and he helped smuggle me to Aurelis.
<Green> Oh, huh. I guess that must be why Dolhr is so pissed at him.
<TT> I was pissed at him, too, at first, but... Camo was so gentle and compassionate towards me. I felt my feelings... changing towards him. *blush*
<Green> I guess it's pretty unfortunate that he's our enemy and we're going to kill him.
<TT> Well... do you really have to kill him?
<Green> Look, I get that you're grateful towards him for risking himself to save you and all... but he's still our enemy.
<TT> :<
<Green> Alright, fine, I'll try and talk to him first, okay? If he's really as honourable as you think he is, maybe he'll realize that he's fighting for an evil dragon that wants to destroy the world and will be willing to defect to us or something.
<TT> Yay! Thank you~ <3
<Green> Everyone, to your battle stations!​

And so Prince green and the League descended onto the castle. Palutena and Athena flew over some water to tackle the northern reinforcements and stock up on supplies at a local store while Green and the others followed the southern path. Green was eager to get SM some battle experience, so she stayed towards the front but carefully guarded. However, Bantu had no such protection and managed to stumble into a whole host of enemies while trying to watch his little dragon princess.

<Bantu> Urk, the end has finally come for me... stay strong, Princess SM, Prince Green will take care of you... x_x;​

Eventually Green got close enough where he could spot General Camo up ahead, so he halted the army to fulfill his promise to TT.

<Green> Hey, General Camo, 'sup?
<Camo> Not much. How are things going down there?
<Green> Oh, you know, just leading an army to conquer your country. I was expecting better defensive work from you, honestly.
<Camo> Yeah, well, you've killed a lot of my soldiers, so I only have so much to work with.
<Green> Listen, you're a smart guy. You have to know this battle is pointless. Just think a little, will you?
<Camo> What I think or know is irrelevant. I am a soldier. Last time I checked, Grust was still allied with Dolhr, and that means I have to follow my orders. I have duty to my homeland above all else.
<Green> Oh, come on, really?
<TT> Camo, please! Stop! :<
<Camo> Princess TT....
<Green> Oh, hey TT. Does this mean you're actually going to fight? o_o;
<TT> Camo, please listen to me... you gave me my life... I simply cannot bear to have you fighting against me. Please, lend us your strength!
<Camo> If my heart were my own, I would be happy to do as you request, but what kind of knight abandons his king and his kingdom just when they need them the most? You stand here as the aggressor poised to conquer my hameland and you expect me to just leave them and join you? I think not.
<TT> But--
<Camo> I have lived as a knight my whole life. Now let me die as one. Farewell, my princess. I shall never forget our days together. I pray that you will meet someone who will bring you joy in your life.
<TT> </3​

With a heavy heart, Green gave permission to attack General Camus. Palutena was nearby and she challenged the general with her Wing Spear, taking him down after a couple of rounds. She and Athena then quickly moved on to reunite with the others on their way to the castle. However, she happened to recognize the man guarding the gate and put on an extra burst of speed, hoping to talk to him.

<Palutena> General Lorenz! It's me, Princess Palutena of Talys!
<Lorenz> Awww, look at how cute your are. Man, I haven't seen you since you were still in your thumb-sucking days!
<Palutena> Yes, I would love to reminisce about the time you spent as a friend of my father, but I'm afraid we have more pressing concerns. I know from my father that you strongly opposed the partnership between Dolhr and Grust... so why did you let it go through and why are you still fighting us? Surely you know what Dolhr is planning to do...
<Lorenz> Yeah, I know alright. I did everything I could to convince the King, but, well, here we are. I'm a soldier, little lady, and I can't betray my country.
<Palutena> Yes, but what makes a country? Is your king all of Grust? Or is it the little people, all of the citizens of Grust that will be killed or enslaved by the dragons if you stand by and let Dolhr have their way?
<Lorenz> Yeah, well, but--
<Palutena> Look, my father has a saying: "A kingless country is a country still; but a king without subjects rules naught but hills." Will you disobey your king to avoid slaughtering his people, the people that make Grust Grust?
<Lorenz> Bwahahahahaha, I haven't heard logic like that since the last time I debated philosophy with your father. Fine, I yield. To save Grust, I will turn again my king. I'm yours.
<Green> (Damn she's good.. I should have had her talk to Camo >_<)​

With Lorenz recruited to their side, it was a simple matter to sweep the few remaining soldiers and then the castle was theirs.

<Green> Look, TT... I'm really sorry about Camo. He just didn't give me a chance, you know?
<TT> *sigh* No, Prince Green, I am the one who is sorry.
<Green> o_o?
<TT> I shouldn't have held onto such false hopes, nor tried to convince you of them either. After all... I should have known things would end this way from the beginning. Ever since I gave you the Emblem...
<Green> o_o?
<TT> Have you heard the story of Artemis's curse?
<Green> Nope.
<TT> The last time the Fire Emblem was given to Archanea's chosen hero, it was Princess Artemis giving it to Anri, your ancestor. The two of them were deeply in love, but driven apart by the war with DNA and their love was never allowed to be. She cursed the Fire Emblem, saying that it was the death of love as well as the death of war. And now that I have given the Fire Emblem to you... I am also cursed.
<Green> TT...
<TT> I am sorry, Prince Green. Please leave me alone to compose myself.
<Green> Sure, uh, let me know if you need anything. *flees*
<TT> Oh, Camo.... ;~;​

[/spoiler]

Current Team:

TGK: Lv. 5 Paladin
Palutena: Lv. 5 Dracoknight
Silver: Lv. 3 Swordmaster
Celever: Lv. 5 Sage
Cap'n BB: Lv. 10 Sniper
Athena: Lv. 9 Dracoknight
PMJ: Lv. 6 Sage
Princess SM: Lv. 4 Manakete

Waiting for the Pyre:
Lorenz: Lv. 5 General

Decisions:

Reclassing!

Palutena: Dracoknight (Lance A, Axe E)
Paladin - Sword E, Lance A (Gain Res/Horse, Lose Str/Def/Dragon)
Swordmaster - Sword C (Gain Spd/Skl, Lose Str/Def/Dragon)
Sage - Tome D, Staff E (Gain Mag/Res, Lose Str/Skl/Spd/Def/Dragon)

Silver: Swordmaster (Sword A)
Bishop - Staff D, Tome E (Gain Mag/Res, Lose Str/Skl/Spd/Def)
Paladin - Sword A, Lance D (Gain Str/Def/Horse, Lose Skl/Spd)

Cap'n BB: Sniper (Bow B)

Forging!

Player Notes:

RIP General Camo, the beginning of one of FE's most emotional archetypes.

With few reinforcements and very low enemy density, this was definitely an easy chapter. Once the initial flood of Paladins was handled, I focused mostly on feeding EXP to Palutena, SM, and Silver. SM thankfully gets a tonne of EXP per kill since she's level one of a base class. Palutena took care of most of the northern enemies since there was a bridge I didn't want to waste my last key on.

Now that Palutena is a Draco, she basically outclasses Athena in every way except Str. Her Spd/Skl/Lck stats are almost double that of Athena's, and she has a higher Def too, plus access to her Wing Spear for easy effective killing. Not to say that Athena is bad... just that Palutena is better, much like how Tails outclasses Keeper. This game is just not very kind to prepromotes.

Reminder that I'm leaving for vacation tomorrow and there will be no chapter until next Monday. That gives you guys plenty of time to think of good reclasses to suggest! :D And also for the stragglers to catch up. :p Have fun! <3

Back