Writing Athena Plays Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword - Final Chapter & Epilogue

Sorry, but you would have gotten creamed. Her Mag, Res, and HP were all leaps and bounds above yours, plus she's wielding strong tomes than you can. >_>
Not if TGK were there to cheer me on! (/^o^)/
Plus, everyone on our team has the secret art of... 4TH WALL BREAK!! xD

Chapter 28x: A swimmingly good time in the Water Temple

And so we began our hunt for the elusive Shrine of Seals, with 2 new party members at our side. Nino insisted on joining our cause to help right the wrongs caused by Keeper's control of the Black Fang, and Jaffar refused to leave her side. Green wasn't particularly happy about having the assassin tag along, but he was willing to deal with it. After all, he knew Jaffar wasn't a chosen character for the playthrough and would be hitting the bench as soon as possible anyway. BB used the Heaven Seal that we got from the Queen too, and she was finally able to promote. BB is now a Blade Lord!

While we traveled, we ended up spending the night in a small town on the way to the Shrine. While everyone else slept, Nino snuck out on her own... or so she thought, anyway.

<Nino> ... oh! Hi, Jaffar, I didn't see you there.
<Jaffar> And where do you think you're going?
<Nino> Ummm...
<Jaffar> After Sonia?
<Nino> ... ... ...
<Jaffar> I suppose with HQ taken out she'd be hanging out at the Water Temple.
<Nino> Yes, that's what I figured too. But, I... haven't told the others.
<Jaffar> ... ... ...
<Nino> I know it probably sounds stupid of me, but I want to see her... one last time. She's my mother after all, the only flesh and blood I have.
<Jaffar> You know she won't care at all, right? That your emotions are nothing to her?
<Nino> ... I know. ._.;
<Jaffar> ... ... ... *sigh* If you go, I'm going too. I won't let you see that woman on your own.​

As soon as they set off into the night, Green, NotJim, BB, and I all popped out of our own hiding places.

<Athena> Well, I guess now we know why she was sneaking off.
<NotJim> We can't just let them go on their own, something might happen.
<BB> You're right, that Sonia woman, she's... bad news, that's for sure.
<Green> ... ... ...
<NotJim> Something wrong, Green? o.o;
<Green> Jaffar’s a killer. He’s slaughtered our friends. I can’t forgive him. *sigh* NotJim, is all this necessary? Do we need his strength so much that we now must rescue him?
<NotJim> It's not like that, it's just... they've had such hard lives. It seems pretty clear to me that the Black Fang has been manipulated by Keeper just as much as anyone else. And it seems like some of them at least are realizing that and trying to atone for it.
<Green> And that's what you think Jaffar is doing?
<BB> I think so. Seeing him with Nino... it's so completely different from the man we knew before.
<Green> He has killed my friends. He is my enemy. No matter what happens, that will never change.
<NotJim> So you'd rather let them die?
<Green> That’s not what I said! I want him to stay alive. He must live…so that he can suffer for all he’s done! There! Satisfied? Now come on, let's go. Hopefully we'll at least get a good battle out of this stupid mess.
<NotJim> Green... :\​

Meanwhile, at the Water Temple... <Link> Hyyyahhh!

<Sonia> Hullo Limstella, what's up?
<Limstella> Green and NotJim are still alive. You have not yet completed Lord Keeper's task.
<Sonia> I know, I know. Don't get your panties in a bunch. The Four Fangs are all either dead or missing, so I guess it's up to me to take care of things.
<Brendan> Sonia, what's... who is that? o_o;
<Sonia> *sigh* Oh well, I suppose it's time to get rid of you anyway. I only got close to you to take control of the Black Fang for Lord Keeper, after all. No one that is left is loyal to you anymore.
<Brendan> You mean... you're betraying me?
<Sonia> I've been been betraying you from the very start, you fool. Your sons have suspected me from the beginning, but you never saw a thing. I don't give a single %^(& about you or anything but pleasing Lord Keeper.
<Brendan> You... you bitch! *charges*
<Sonia> And now it's time for one last betrayal.... *magic!*
<Brendan> Urk! *dies* x_x;
<Limstella>He has such nice quintessence. But it seems he managed to damage you after all. Would you like me to take over your task?
<Sonia> Hell no! Like I would ever let one of you dumb morphs do my job for me. Besides, this is nothing, just a scratch. Be gone!
<Limstella> *departs*
<Nino> Ohhey, Jaffar, I see mother over there!
<Jaffar> ... ... ...
<BlackFang> Nino! Get out of here! Sonia's gone mad and ...
<Sonia> *teleports over* You were saying?
<BlackFang> Ahhhhh!!! *runs out*
<Sonia> So, Nino. You've failed once again.
<Nino> Mother, I--
<Sonia> Just shut up! God you are so ridiculously annoying. If I'd known you would be this horrible I would have killed you along with your real parents.
<Nino> !!!!
<Sonia> Yes, that's right, your parents were a part of a powerful magical clan and I killed them right in front of you when you were a baby, and your kid brother, too. I only took you and adopted you as my own because Lord Keeper commanded it.
<Nino> You mean, I'm... I'm not your daughter?
<Sonia> Hell no! I would never give birth to a creature as pitiful as you. Keeper thought you might prove to be as powerful as your parents, but instead you're nothing, worse than trash.
<Jaffar> Just shut up, you inhuman monster.
<Sonia> Ohho! And so speaks Jaffar. Who are you to talk, calling me a monster? You who heartlessly slaughtered hundreds of innocents at Keeper's command?
<Jaffar> Nino has changed me. I am no longer Keeper’s killing engine. For Nino’s sake… Sonia, you must die. And I will kill you!
<Nino> Jaffar! :O
<Jaffar> Stay back and let me handle this, kay?
<Sonia> You think you can kill me? Truly? For even daring to make such an assumption, I'm afraid I will have to punish you most severely.
<???> Not if we can help it!
<Everyone> *rushes in like a boss*
<Nino> It's everyone. :O
<BB> Come on, Nino, we're your friends now. We stick together.
<Sonia> Welp, I guess I'll just have to kill all of you then.​

Suddenly, the ground started to shake violently and the ground filled with water, blocking the paths and separating the area out into small islands. With a loud cackle, Sonia teleported herself away.

<Green> *sigh* Water Temple, I should have known.
<Nino> I'm so sorry everyone, this is all my fault...
<NotJim> Nah, don't worry about it. Green was hoping for a fight anyway.​

We were left on a small island surrounded by water, with only one path leading north. Cypher and Robin took to the skies while the rest of us began the trek along the path. Eager to test out her new skills, BB led the charge, with Vom supporting not far behind, and took out the majority of the early enemies. Early Ballistae tried to her her, but she dodged them like a boss.

As we traveled, new paths began to appear, and some other paths disappeared. We eventually came to a split, and Green, PP, Eliwood, SM, Jabber, Nino, and Jaffar went south while the others continued east. Cypher and Robin finished sweeping up the southern units, so Robin began to head back to take Legault around to steal some items from the enemies while Cypher stayed south to deal with reinforcements.

As we got closer to the throne, Sonia started lashing out at us with her long-range magic, but by then the enemies numbers were beginning to dwindle and even a hard hit from her wasn't dangerous enough to be fatal. We converged together again towards the final southeastern path, slowly working our way forward through endless waves of reinforcements. Legault managed to snag some keys from an enemy thief to open a few chests, Luis held off the western wave of Cavaliers, and BB, NotJim, and Robin all stormed Sonia together, with BB causing the final blow.

<Nino> Thank you all so much for coming to save me... and for calling me your friend. I've never had any friends. Jaffar and I... we'll do our best to help you all.
<Green> *gives Jaffar the stink eye*
<Jaffar> ... ... ...
<NotJim> Well, let's get back to camp and rest up. We've got a long march ahead of us to the shrine in the morning!​

Back in the Water Temple...

<Limstella> *teleports in*
<Sonia> Oh, leave me alone, you puppet. I'm hurt, and badly...
<Limstella> ... Morphs like us have no quintessence to harvest. You no longer have any use to Lord Keeper.
<Sonia> Wait, you can't mean....?!
<Limstella> ... ... ...
<Sonia> No... it can't be... I'm.... I'm hum...a... *dies*
<Limstella> *teleports away*​

Current Team!

Lord Green
- Lv. 20 Lord
Lord NotJim - Lv. 9 Knight Lord
Luis - Lv. 9 Sage
Skyleaf - Lv. 10 Valkyrie
BB - Lv. 8 Blade Lord
TGK - Lv. 10 Paladin
Robin - Lv. 16 Falcoknight
Jabber - Lv. 10 Hero
PP - Lv. 10 Bishop
SM - Lv. 20 Dancer
Cypher - Lv. 14 Wyvern Lord
Vom - Lv. 9 Nomad Trooper

Player Notes

This chapter was something of a soap opera, and all for one little reason: you can't bring Merlinus, so no convoy is allowed. I remembered this ahead of time, and I knew I would be bringing Legault to steal items from some enemies, so I took everything out of his inventory. Unfortunately "everything" includes his lockpicks. Which means he had no way to open the 4 chests in the level. facepalm.jpg

Of course, I didn't realize this until I was ~80% done with the chapter. I debated restarting, but decided against it; I'd had some really good level ups and I really didn't want to play through the chapter all over again. However, I was saved at the last minute... by Thief reinforcements! 3 separate Thieves spawned late game and thanks to some creative use of Rescue and Canto, I was able to steal a 1 use Chest Key from each one of them. This let me open up 3 of the 4 chests in the level, missing only a Recover Staff, which was the least useful of the 4 items.

Now that BB has promoted, I mostly focused on giving her EXP, as you can tell from her nice level boost. Robin and Cypher also got a hell of a lot of kills in since they were able to fly around and were not restricted by the bridges; they took out the majority of the reinforcements during the game.

Otherwise, things were fairly simple. I had to jiggle around a lot to make sure that I didn't kill units with stealable items until I could get Legault in place to steal them; that worked out for 2 of the 3 items I wanted to steal, though I lost a Red Gem when Robin got a 7% crit and took out an enemy Hero she was supposed to leave alive.

This is now the end of the Nino/Jaffar/Sonia arc, so they'll be more or less quiet for the end of the game. I really love that Sonia learns she is a morph right before dying, especially given the contempt she gives to those "puppets" during her life.

Next chapter brings up back to the main plot at the Shrine of Seals. Green will finally be able to promote at the end of the next chapter, and he's our last one. Hurray! \o/ As usual, hope you all enjoy. :3

Chapter 29: Sprocket of Inevitability

Thanks to the map inside the book Queen Hellene gave us, it was relatively easy to find our way to the Shrine of Seals. We followed a hidden road approximately northeast and had no trouble along the way at all. Eventually we got close enough to the shrine that we could actually see it in the distance.

<Green> Welp, there it is. Huh. This ended up being easier than I thought.
<BB> I wouldn't say that so soon if I were you. *peers* I can see people up on the shrine, enemies probably.
<Green> Jeez, what are you, an elf?
<NotJim> No, I can see them now, too. One of them is heading this way.
<Fang> Hey, it's Green and NotJim!
<Green> Uh, can I help you?
<Fang> Oh, no, I just wanted to let you know that we're here under the orders of the Four Fang member Lloyd, the White Wolf. He wants revenge on you for killing his brother, see?
<PP> But Linus was still alive when we left...
<Fang> What, you expect us to believe you? We'd rather kill you! Wahahahahaha *rides off*
<Athena> Well, uh, that was interesting. I guess everyone better prepare for battle.​

We quickly grabbed our weapons and continued our journey towards the shrine, more or less heading off in a group together. Seeing SM with a particularly sad look on her face, NotJim rode up to check on her.

<NotJim> Hey, SM, is something the matter?
<SM> Oh... Lord Eliwood... please don't be concerned about me... I'm not worthy...
<NotJim> This is about that secret you're hiding from everyone, isn't it?
<SM> ... yes.
<NotJim> And you still can't tell me, right?
<SM> ... yes.
<NotJim> In that case, don't worry about it.
<SM> o.o?
<NotJim> Look, SM... I love you.
<SM> But I have deceived you!
<NotJim> *shrug* Doesn't matter to me. Whatever your secret is, I'll still feel the same. If you ever feel like you can tell me your secret, I'll be ready to listen and support you, but in the meantime... please don't cry or feel sad.
<SM> Lord NotJim... I...
<NotJim> You are the first woman I've ever felt this way about, and I would do anything to make you smile again.
<SM> Lord NotJim...​

Most of our fighters went directly north to handle the brunt of the enemies rushing towards us, but a smaller group headed west towards a selection of shops and a small village. Vom and BB led this charge, and when they were a decent way ahead of the others, BB found the opportunity to confront Vom about his past.

<BB> So, feel like telling me about why you left your tribe now?
<Vom> ... ... ...
<BB> Oh, come on, I'm not going to bite you. I'm just curious.
<Vom> The Kutolah priest saw a vision in the stars, and told everyone that I had to leave in order to prevent disaster, that it was my destiny to stop the spreading of a great dark fire or some such.
<BB> Wow, that's suck bullshit.
<Vom> I know, right? So there I am, 4 years old, kicked out of the tribe, no survival skills, nothing to my name but the clothes on my back. The other tribes laughed at me and threw rotting food at me. Never in my life have I felt so alone.
<BB> Oh, jeez man, I'm so sorry...
<Vom> *shrugs*
<BB> You know, every since I first met you, I felt like we had something in common. Aside from being from Sacae and all. I think maybe it was because we've both experienced profound loneliness in our lives.
<Vom> ... ... ...
<BB> ... ... ...
<Vom> You know, you really should start paying attention to the battle more.
<BB> I am paying attention. But I also plan on staying right by your side.
<Vom> BB...
<BB> When I'm with you, I feel safe.
<Vom> ... as you wish.​

With enemies pouring out at us from multiple forts around the temple, we were forced to split up to hold them back. Hector, Jabber, Cypher, and Skyleaf took care of the Wyverns to the southeast; BB, Vom, and Luis took care of the swordsmen to the west; and NotJim, TGK, and PP handled the armors to the northeast. Robin flew around providing cover and assistance as necessary.

Eventually we made it to the shrine itself and the boss, Lloyd, rushed out to meet us.

<NotJim> You know, we didn't really kil--
<Lloyd> I don't really give a %^#* what you say. I'm either going to end this now either way. It doesn't matter to me which of us ends up joining my brother!​

NotJim, TGK, PP, and Jabber all ganged up and managed to eventually take him down. We gathered together in the Shrine and were met there by... Athos?

<Athos> Yep, it's me. Thought I'd warp in and say hello.
<Green> Maaaan. If you could just warp here, why didn't you warp us all in the first place?
<Athos> And what would that achieve aside from wasting a lot of valuable exp?
<Green> I guess you're right...
<Athos> Now, let us go down below where Bramimond waits.
<NotJim> Bramimond of the Eight Legends? :O
<Athos> Yep! Him and me are the only ones left alive. I travel around doing whatever suits me and he stays here to take care of the seals that protect an assortment of legendary weapons around the continent. One of them should suffice for you to take out Keeper.
<Green> Sweeeeeet! :D
<Athos> Alright, let's go, chop chop!​

Before anyone could say anything, our entire group was instantly teleported into a dark underground cavern. The light was dim, but we could see decently well enough to make out the figure in the hooded robe before us.

<Green> So, uh, you must be Bramimond... sup?
<Bramimond> Oh, yeah, that's my name, right. I don't hear it very often.
<NotJim> So, uh, we heard you have a sweet legendary weapon we can use?
<Bramimond> Oh dear, you want me to remove one of the seals, don't you? So you can get that weapon...
<Athena> Is that a problem?
<Bramimond> Well, you see... yes, it's a problem. Sorry, no can do.
<Green> But the whole world is at stake!
<Bramimond> *shrugs* Not my problem.
<Athos> Awww, come on Bramimond, be a bro and help us out.
<Bramimond> Come on Athos, you know as much as I do what's at stake. We can't trust these weapons to humans.
<Athos> These are some pretty sweet humans though. They managed to find this shrine all by themselves and defeat a bunch of evil dudes to get here.
<Bramimond> That's true, I did have fun watching them, but...
<Green> Come on, man, give us a chance!
<Bramimond> *sigh* Fiiiiine, whatever. *magic* Poof, there, seals are gone, go destroy yourselves or whatever. Now get out of here before I change my mind and put them back.
<Athos> *wraps everyone outside*
<Robin> Yay, fresh air... ~_~;;
<Athos> Alright, the seals are gone. You guys better hurry up to reach the binding blade before Keeper figures out what happened.
<Keeper> *teleports in* Welp, you're already too late there.
<Everyone> :O!!
<Keeper> Yep, my power is all back to normal, so I'm here to retrieve the children. Celever, SM, come with me now.
<Celever> No way!
<Keeper> Oh, come on now, be good children and play along. Otherwise, you'll get to see the full extent of my powers used right here and now on your little friends.
<SM> ... If I come with you, will you leave my brother and the others alone?
<Keeper> Hmmm... yes, I think just one of you will do just fine. Alright, bargain granted.
<NotJim> No, SM, don't do it!
<Celever> Sister, noooo!! D:
<SM> Celever, I need you to take care of NotJim for me. Oh, and the others too, I guess. Here, take your powers back.
CG17.png

<SM> *walks over to Keeper*
<Keeper> Yessssss I shall open the gate again and I will gain unlimited power! >:3 *teleports away with SM*
<NotJim> Nooooooooo.... ;~;
<Green> Welp, I guess it's even more important that we get that legendary weapon now.
<Athos> Yep! You'll have to head west, but first.... catch!
<Green> Hey, that's a Heaven Seal! Wait, what, I--- *instantly promotes into Great Lord* Well, that was fast.
<Athos> Alright, now let's head onward to the legendary weapons of legend!​

Current Team!

Lord Green
- Lv. 1 Great Lord
Lord NotJim - Lv. 14 Knight Lord
Luis - Lv. 14 Sage
Skyleaf - Lv. 11 Valkyrie
BB - Lv. 13 Blade Lord
TGK - Lv. 14 Paladin
Robin - Lv. 17 Falcoknight
Jabber - Lv. 12 Hero
PP - Lv. 14 Bishop
Celever - Lv. 20 Dancer
Vom - Lv. 12 Nomad Trooper

Player Notes

Ohman was this a long level. And mostly my own fault, too, because I was waiting for Vaida to show up so I could recruit her... except I killed her a few chapters ago so she was never going to show up in the first place. >_< As such, I wasted a lot of time triggering all the various reinforcements and running around like a chicken with my head cut off. At least it got us a lot of exp, as you can see by the level jumps up above.

And there really are a lot of reinforcements and they're all pretty suicidal. Nothing too difficult or complicated, just lots of killing. I'm trying to train up BB on Bows, NotJim on Lances, Jabber on Axes, and Vom on Swords, to give a bit of variety. Cypher and Robin got so much exp last level that I tried not to use them much.

At long last, Green finally gets his promotion. He gets a bunch of stat boosts as well as access to swords. Most importantly, he can start gaining exp again, and so he'll be our main exp funnel over the next couple chapters until he catches up to everyone.

Plotwise, we finally get to see Keeper again. It's good to know he's doing well. As he's kidnapped SM, we swap back to having Celever as the playable unit, though he keeps all of SM's items and stats. NotJim is very depressed about it.

The next chapter is kind of cool. It's another Hector-mode exclusive, but unlike the others, it's not an extra level, but instead replaces a different chapter in Eliwood-mode. This chapter is specifically focused on Green and is fairly short but pretty cool.

As you can probably guess, we're getting close to the end now. Only 6 chapters left, so we're right on schedule to end with the end of February. I hope you're looking forward to it!

Chapter 30: Well, that's depressing

<Green> Alright, so, time to get a sweet legendary weapon. Tell us about it, Athos.
<Athos> Well, you see, the weapon I had in mind to get was the legendary axe, Armads, once wielded by the great Berzerker Durban during the time of the Scouring.
<Green> An axe, sweeet! I call dibs.
<Athos> The seal guarding the axe has been broken, so now we can go pick it up at its hidden location on the Western Isles. In fact, we just teleported there now while I was talking.
<Green> What are we waiting for then? Let's go get that axe!
<Athos> However, Green, if you hope to wield this axe, you must face a trial to prove your worthiness.
<Green> ... *sigh* What do you want me to do?
<Athos> The spirits of the soldiers who once fought at our side against the dragons now guard the legendary weapon even in death.
<Green> So, uh, it's just another battle then?
<Athos> Yes, but you will only be allowed to bring 2 companions with you.
<Green> Well, that's okay, I guess. I need a bunch of exp to catch up to everyone else anyway, so I'll do most of the fighting myself. I think I'll take Skyleaf along for healing...
<Skyleaf> Happy to help, milord. *curtsy*
<Green> ... and Robin for good luck.
<Robin> *blushes*
<Green> I can bring Athena too, right?
<Athos> Yeah, sure, she's just narrating anyway.
<Athena> Thanks. >.>
<Athos> Alright, let's go!​

Green, Robin, and Skyleaf carefully entered the area around the small shrine where Armads was kept. Sure enough, there were a host of enemies gathered around, guarding the treasure. Green told Robin and Skyleaf to stand back so he could defeat the enemies on his own and prove himself worthy of the axe. For the most part, they complied, with Robin providing support and Skyleaf healing when needed, and Green led the way, terrorizing enemies with axe and sword alike. The only enemy not killed by Green was a Thief who had made his way to the islands to pilfer treasure. Robin skewered him when he wasn't looking, and passed the treasure he stole onto Green.

Finally they worked their way to the shrine where the boss, Kaim, was waiting for them. With a mightly critical from his Wolf Beil, Green took him down in one-round, ending the battle rather quickly and handily.

<Green> Hey Athos! Get your ass over here, we killed everyone and made it to the throne!
<???> Let me fight...
<Green> Huh? o.o;​

A ghostly figure materialized out from behind the throne, a great beast of a man with unkempt hair and a large axe. His eyes stared dully into Green's face.

<Durban> My name is… Durban… I am power. Power without peer. I am the dragonhunter. I am the fleshbiter, the bonecrusher, the skullbreaker, the doombringer.
<Green> Oh, okay... uhh... nice to meet you, I guess?
<Durban> I require no seals. I have no need of this idleness called peace. Power unused is power wasted. Better to lie spent in the grave than to sit in wait. I care not who… I would fight someone…
<Green> That's nice, but, umm, I was told there was a sweet legendary axe here, and...
<Durban> You desire strength? Then prepare yourself. Once you have gained such power… Your life will not end in a comfortable bed. You will die on the battlefield. In the savage garden of war’s bloody delights.
<Green> Oh, well, that's alright then. I kinda figured that would happen anyway. So, can I have the axe please?
<Durban> … It is yours.
<Green> Woohoo! \o/​

Axe in hand, Green walked back out and met up with Robin and Skyleaf, then the three of them made their way back through the battlefield to the outside where the others were waiting.

<NotJim> Green! Green! Guess what!
<Green> What?
<NotJim> I got a legendary weapon too! :D
<Green> How did you get that? :O!
<NotJim> Oh, it was just lying behind a rock over there. *points* Athos says it's the legendary sword Durandal.
<Green> Oh, huh, nice.
<NotJim> Wait a second... why is it glowing? o_o;
<IceDragon> *ROAR!*
<Everyone? WTF?! o_o;
CG20.png

<NotJim> Hold on guys, I got this!
CG33.png

<IceDragon> x_x;
<Green> Awww... I wanted to try out my axe, too. :<
<NotJim> Sorry... my arm almost moved on its own. It's like the sword wants to kill dragons...
<Athos> Something's not quite right here...
<Athena> You think? >_>
<Keeper> *teleports in* Hey guys, what's up?
<BB> Oi, get out of here you punk. >:|
<Keeper> Sorry, no can do. SM ended up being useless, so I've come for a replacement. Celever, be a good boy and come over here.
<Celever> No! >:|
<Keeper> *teleports Celever over*
<Celever> ... ... ... >:|
<Keeper> *smack*
<Celever> x_x;
<Green> Hey, that's totally not cool!
<Keeper> *shrugs* He's just unconscious. I don't want to have to worry about him running off.
<NotJim> What have you done with SM?
<Keeper> Me? Oh, no no no. I haven't done anything to SM. You, on the other hand...
<NotJim> o_o?
<Keeper> Alright, look, I could draw this out for dramatic tension or whatever, but I don't really care, so I'll just be blunt. SM and Celever are dragons. There. That's why they're weird, that's the secret she was keeping from you, that's why they can open the gate, etc. In fact, that dragon there *points* is SM. You just killed her yourself.
<NotJim> Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....!!!!
<Keeper> If you don't believe, check it out yourself. She's using the last of her strength to transform back into a human.
<SM> Hey... NotJim....
<NotJim> SM... please.... don't die... :< Oh geez, this is bad....
<SM> Nah, it's ok. I'm... just glad that you're.... fine. Please... take care of.... everyone.... x_x;
CG22.png

<NotJim> Noooooo.... ;~;
CG21.png

<Keeper> Oh, come on, that's enough of that now. Just face the facts. I'm going to bring back the dragons and destroy everything.
<Athos> Hell no! *magic!*
<Keeper> Bwahahaha, you think your puny fire tome can do any damage to me? Not even legendary weapons can harm me now! However, out of respect for the work we used to do together those 500 years ago, I'll leave rather than kill you. For now. *teleports out*
<Green> Wait, did he really mean that? Is this stupid axe worthless now?
<Celever> ... ... ...
<BB> Ohhey, he left Celever here. >_>
<Celever> Ugh.... hey.... where's SM?
<Everyone> ... ... ...
<NotJim> Sorry... ._.;
CG23.png

<Celever> Well, that's a pretty awful way to end this chapter... :\​

Current Team!

Lord Green
- Lv. 7 Great Lord
Lord NotJim - Lv. 14 Knight Lord
Luis - Lv. 14 Sage
Skyleaf - Lv. 12 Valkyrie
BB - Lv. 13 Blade Lord
TGK - Lv. 14 Paladin
Robin - Lv. 17 Falcoknight
Jabber - Lv. 12 Hero
PP - Lv. 14 Bishop
Celever - Lv. 20 Dancer
Vom - Lv. 12 Nomad Trooper

Player Notes

From a gameplay perspective, this is a very simplistic chapter. Sure, you only get 3 units, but there aren't all too many enemies anyway. Like I described in the write-up, I fed every single one of them to Green to help boost him up anyway, except for a single thief which Robin killed. He's up to 7 now, not too bad.

NotJim killing the SM dragon does happen about as fast as I presented it here, but the part afterward with Keeper is agonizingly slow. He really does drag things out for dramatic tension, and it doesn't help that the game overrides your text speed options and shows you every single letter popping up in agonizing slowness. My version presented to you here is much faster, obviously.

I can imagine that the siblings being revealed as dragons to Japanese audiences wasn't that big of a deal. After all, they'd had multiple games by then that involved dragons and humans transforming. However, the first time I played this game it was a pretty WTF moment, since it was my first FE game and so manakete/dragon transformation was a new concept to me. Obviously I knew something was weird about them, but being a dragon didn't cross my mind. Now, though, I'm much more familiar with how big of a fan of transforming dragons the FE series is. :p

We're definitely getting close to the climax now. I hope you guys are having as much fun as I am. :)

Also, I'm beginning to think about what I should do next after this playthrough is done. What would you guys prefer to see?

1) More FE, probably FE6, for which this game (FE7) is technically a prequel. It would continue on the story featuring NotJim's son, our boy Roy, as the MC, and also features the children of some other characters. It's been ages since I've played it (8 years or so?), so it would be pretty close to a blind run since I don't remember much aside from some general story bits and some of the characters.

2) The other option I'm considering is a return to Pokémon. Probably a DS game, so we'd be looking at 4th or 5th gen. There's a few options here I could do, aside from playing a specific game, such as PMUs, monotype run, Nuzlocke, etc.

Let me know what you guys think. :)

What site are we on again?

I vote a Fire Emblem 8 Playthrough! \ (•◡•) /

Robin said:
Yay, fresh air... ~_~
I work full time and I can relate to this... Oh and the last chapter was a very entertaining read, I would like to give it at least two likes, but sadly I don't have such authority.

I would like to give it at least two likes, but sadly I don't have such authority.

I actually did manage to double-like something once thanks to a glitch. :U

If I continue on with FE, 6 will be next since it's been ages since I've played that one, but 8 will be next on the list.

That's honestly even better! sorry I got Sacred Stones and Binding Blade mixed up because FE6 is the sequel to Blazing Sword story wise. But making a playthrough of FE6 is the logical thing to do now. If you want to ofcourse.

And I remember you mentioning the glitch, that was kinda part of my joke :p

I vote Pokémon. :U

FE's honestly a bit hard for me to follow, but with your dialogue, I'm sure you could make anything good, so whichever you'd like to do is best, IMO. :D

Chapter 31: This is a message from Lord Keeper. "I await you on the Dread Isle."

Not really sure what to do and depressed about SM's untimely death, our group decides to head back to Ostia. Lord Icarus should give us a warm welcome, and it will be a good opportunity to rest, regroup, and figure out what the hell we're going to do.

<Green> Hey, bro! I'm home! ... Hello?
<Soldier> Oh, hey Lord Green. Sorry, Lord Icarus isn't here. He left for a conference in Etruria.
<Green> Oh, weird. Did you know about that, Oswin? Why would he be going to Etruria now?
<Oswin> Yeah, he sent me a letter about it. I dunno why he went, though.
<Green> Welp, I guess that's that. Anyway, let's start making some plans. Anything you feel like sharing with us would be useful, wizard dude. Like, say, about what Keeper was hinting at about you guys working together in the past and all.
<Athos> Alright, I guess we have enough time for a bit of storytelling...
CG24.png

<Athos> Once upon a time, Keeper used to be a cool dude. Like me, he was pretty smart, and really liked magic and shit, so we were bros. This was, oh, about 500 years or so ago. We were wandering around looking for cool magic stuff when we came across this sweet sekrit village in the middle of the Nabata Desert where dragons and humans lived together in harmony.
<Everyone> :O!
<Athos> Of course, I'm pretty familiar with dragons, having fought them in the Scouring and all, so I was pretty surprised to see them getting along with humans so well. Though, these dragons were a bit different than those I fought. Much more peaceful. They had hid in the desert in the first place because they didn't want to fight in the war. Keeper and I decided to help them, using our magic to create an oasis, helping to make their village into a proper safe haven. We even decided to move in there with them.
CG25.png

<Athos> The village was named Arcadia. It was a place of knowledge and peace. However... while living there, Keeper and I came to a disagreement. I wanted to spread the dragon's knowledge and kindness around the world to create an era of peace. But Keeper... he discovered a terrible power, taking the essence of living beings and creating power with it. He became obsessed and would listen to none of the reasoning that I or the village elders tried to discuss with him.
CG26.png

<Athos> He became worse and worse, abusing this power to no end, and he even started to take the quintessence of human beings. We could not tolerate it any further, and so we were forced to... end him. At least, we thought we had defeated him, but he somehow managed to live. He escaped to Bern and began more experiments with this power, using it to create his "Morphs", puppet beings with vast intelligence and a striking appearance. I'm sure you've seen some of them throughout your adventures.
<Soldier> Hey, uh, guys... I don't mean to interrupt story time, but we're under attack!
<Green> WTF!? How did those guys break into this castle, and so quickly?
<Soldier> *shrugs*
<Athos> It's gotta be Keeper.
<Athena> Well, I guess we better get to work protecting the throne then.​

We quickly grabbed our weapons and prepared for battle. TGK, Skyleaf, Robin, and Cypher hid in a hallway to come out and surprise everyone, while the rest of us started off in the throne room. As the enemies poured one, their boss, a Morph Sniper, seemed to have a message for us...

<Denning> This is a message from Lord Keeper. "I await you on the Dread Isle."
<Green> Well, I guess Athos was right then.
<Green> ... ... ...​

Then they rushed at us. BB and Vom took the leftmost path to protect the treasure and NotJim singlehandedly kept back the enemies and reinforcements that poured in from the north east. Cypher and Robin camped out in the corridor, taking out enemies from afar and helping protect some of the Ostian soldiers. TGK, Jabber, Skyleaf, and Luis were delayed by some well-timed status staves, but PP worked quickly to get them back in order while Green held the center of the battlefield. As Green took a defensive spot on one of the pillars towards the south, the boss rushed forward.

<Green> Will you just shut up already?
<Green> >_<​

Green and Luis worked together to shut him up, and with his death, the reinforcements slowed to a trickle. It was a simple matter to clear up the rest of them and head back to the throne room.

<Green> So, wizard dude, I'm guessing those guys were the morphs you were talking about, yes?
<Athos> Yep.
<Jabber> They looked very similar to others we've fought, too, Ephidel, Sonia...
<Athos> And this is a perfect segue into the continuation of my story, too! You see, when Keeper began using morphs to do his bidding... we knew he was lost. His next step was to try and harvest the essence of dragons. I knew his target would be Arcadia. I set a trap for him, but... it wasn't even sprung. Rather than going after the village, he somehow managed to call SM and Celever through the Dragon's Gate to him. And now he hopes to summon a great many more dragons, too.
<NotJim> So what can we do?
<Athos> The legendary weapons are still our best hope, but we don't have the time to gather up all of them. I'll have to get in touch with Bramimond.
<Green> You do that. In the meantime, the rest of us should head for the Dragon's Gate.
<Athos> Are you mad? Going after him on your own?
<Athena> No, I actually agree with Green on this one. Keeper wants us to come. He'll just keep sending more morphs until we do, and if those morphs are out here in Lycia, they'll do a lot of collateral damage. We need to bring the fight to him, stall until you can get Bramimond's help.
<Athos> Alright then. Do you mind if I take your legendary weapons with me for now?
<NotJim> Sure, that's fine. I didn't want to use it yet anyway.
<Green> Me neither. Need to save that weapon durability for the final boss, after all.
<Athos> Alright, well, good luck! *teleports out*
<Green> Hey, Oswin, can I talk to you for a moment?
<Oswin> Sure, milord.
<Green> Look, Icarus being gone like this... I don't like it. And it seems like everyone in the castle is avoiding me.
<Oswin> ... ... ...
<Green> What's going on?
<Oswin> ... ... ...
<Green> ... Icarus is dead, isn't he.
<Oswin> ... ... ... ._.;
<Green> Geez, can't we have one chapter without a depressing ending?​

Current Team!

Lord Green
- Lv. 11 Great Lord
Lord NotJim - Lv. 16 Knight Lord
Luis - Lv. 15 Sage
Skyleaf - Lv. 13 Valkyrie
BB - Lv. 13 Blade Lord
TGK - Lv. 15 Paladin
Robin - Lv. 18 Falcoknight
Jabber - Lv. 13 Hero
PP - Lv. 14 Bishop
Celever - Lv. 20 Dancer
Cypher - Lv. 17 Wyvern Lord
Vom - Lv. 14 Nomad Trooper

Player Notes

A relatively simple chapter to play through. Lots of reinforcements, but almost all of the enemies wield poison weapons that have a low mt and crappy hit, so they don't pose much of a threat. The biggest issues are the promoted enemies that come with much more powerful weapons, and also 2 enemy Druids that come with a Sleep staff and a Silence staff. Despite the low hit rates, they each managed to get off 2 hits a piece, silencing Skyleaf and Luis (prevents tome/staff use) and putting TGK and Jabber to sleep. Took a bit of finagling to get them woken up.

I wanted to focus EXP gains on Green, so he was the star of the show. Everyone else helped out as necessary. Celever wasn't actually allowed to be played in this chapter, so he sat out. People are all going pretty strong, though, starting to get a good amount of capped stats (especially Robin who has capped Str/Skl/Spd). Legault picked the few chests available.

Next chapter is another gaiden chapter, and not even out last one, funnily enough. I hope you all are looking forward to it!

I'm still looking to hear opinions on the next game I do a playthrough for, so feel free to speak up. :)

WHAAAAAA?!?!!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! ICARUS!!! COME BACK! PLOT TWIST AND YOU'RE ALIVE! PLEASE!!
*wails*

WHAAAAAA?!?!!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! ICARUS!!! COME BACK! PLOT TWIST AND YOU'RE ALIVE! PLEASE!!
*wails*

I actually totally accidentally spoiled this a few days ago when I implied that Green would end up being the leader of Ostia, which he would only do if something happened to Icarus anyway. I realized this after I had posted it, but I figured it was too late to change. Apparently you didn't notice. :p

I actually totally accidentally spoiled this a few days ago when I implied that Green would end up being the leader of Ostia, which he would only do if something happened to Icarus anyway. I realized this after I had posted it, but I figured it was too late to change. Apparently you didn't notice. :p
Q~Q Nooooo......

Back