Ask a Play! Pokémon Question

RE: Ask a simple Play! Pokemon question here!

It is supposed to be fixed before January.

Thanks dragon, also is anyone else having trouble accessing the prof exam, i keep being redirected back to the main page.

P.S. sorry if this is classed as reviving

I haven't heard anything from TPCI about it.

Does anybody have any suggestions for getting a league in my town without being the organizer myself?

Check to see if a store owner would be willling to be the organizer.

How can you organize Battle Roads and Prereleases and stuff?

You have to be a Premier Tournament Organizer. Log in to your trainer account on www.pokemon.com and click the My P!Pokemon tab. Click on Organizer information to expand the category and click on Apply to become a tournament organizer.

When do the Spring Battle Roads start? I have been checking and so far I can't find any locations near me.

The start in late May (around the 21st) adn end around the 12th of June.

I remember a few years ago, I participated in a League that had some sort of printed out paper on the tables with a place to put the players' IDs, our names, and a Win or Lose. Then he used that to fill out the scorecards. I am assuming this is print-out comes from the tournament software that is available to Professors(or they just made it themselves). I have tried making them myself, but with no luck.

Anyone have it that they can e-mail to me? My League is starting to grow to the point that a) parents are dropping their elementary age kids off for 3 hours, and b), the kids are becoming more easily distracted and aren't accomplishing their scorecards. I'm thinking that if I have something like this that will allow them to keep track of their own games, it'll keep them more organized and not running around the store.

I needs me a co-owner for the League, too. Its becoming a free babysitting service T_T

Professors don't have any special software available to them. You could create a spreadsheet to keep track of player's progress. As far as game marking though, it really should be you that does it. While most kids would be honest, there's always the couple that will mark off extra games.

How come we don't have a nationals sub-board?

Seems like with nationals 5 weeks away we should have one up.

Also idk if this was hte right place but it seemed like the best place to put it.

I'll talk with the other supermods about getting it / if its warranted.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but when do Cities and Battle Roads start?

Fall BR start around September/October timeframe and Cities start around December/January timeframe IIRC.

dmaster out.

Just curious about Worlds, though I'm just a collector: Don't Japanese players have an advantage since they release sets much faster? For example in this years' Worlds they already have Red Collection to play with, meaning cards like Victini, Pokemon Catcher, Hydreigon, etc. which isn't released internationally yet. Are there any rules restricting their use to level the playing field?

On that note, how does Worlds work around the language barrier? Do the staff hire translators? I.e. if for example some French player has French cards and can't speak English plays against an English player with English cards who can't speak French, how do they play then?

Lastly, are they able to mix cards of different languages in Worlds? Not just Japanese with English (I know they have different backs) but also with Italian, English, French, etc.

There is a list of sets you can include cards from. Sets that aren't released in the US are not allowed to be used.

They hire translators.

You can only play with cards from the country you live in.

Japanese players can only play with Japanese cards.
English players can only play with English cards.
Etc.

It's a part of that limitation when they said "no foreign cards can be used". I forget where the list is with Countries listing the cards you can use.

dmaster out.

I believe English cards can be used anywhere if memory serves correctly.

Back