'Ash-Greninja-EX Box' in April!

It is still just a Greninja, but since its name is different on the card. You could run 4 of these and 4 of the other Greninja-EX promo in a deck at the same time.
That's a good point. I could see someone making a fun snipe deck, but I'm not sure how good it might be...

Card isn't very good, I personally dislike the way that frog looks, I don't like that they added an ancient origins pack, 100% not gonna get this.

it's following the standard formula for boxes/tins that pokemon releases, 2 packs of newest set at time of release and 1 each of the previous sets in this case 2 breakpoint, 1 breakthrough and 1 ancient origins.

as for the card... yeah not very good promo, second attack could be ok combined with keldeo ex/zoroark

bruhh watch the anime

I'm watching the key episodes in the latest series. I watch is straight when it comes like Folks in the east can't wait for the next episode with Zapdos in it. Sometimes there are no subs (so maybe I haven't understood something). I thought maybe Ash's Greninja would be another way to get a mega pokemon. That would've made me liked mega pokemon if it were like this.

I just don't like the way it goes currently to have/get a mega pokemon by finding a stone first and then activating it during battle. Stones should've stayed as they were meant for normal evolution of some pokemon. Anyway that's my opinion.

It is still just a Greninja, but since its name is different on the card. You could run 4 of these and 4 of the other Greninja-EX promo in a deck at the same time.

I meant in the anime with Ash's Greninja being slightly more powerful than regular Greninja. I thought they might have revealed that this was another way to getting a mega pokemon, the stronger bond instead of using stone and activation. They could still do this ofcourse. This card here shows Ash's Greninja as basic, so it rules out the possibility (maybe) that in the anime it could turn out to be a mega pokemon. Sorry if this comment is a bit confusing.

On the one hand, terrible 2nd attack and terrible that the first attack relies on coin flips.

On the other hand, first attack hits bench, a rare thing in Standard. but 2 energies to power it up and no DCE boost? This card won't be useful for anything that other cards do better. *sigh* I wish it was useful because I kinda think the concept is cool.

I hate this, I hate everything about it. You know what I don't like I don't like we have a special mechanic based on one character.
Why does it turn into this??? Are you telling me Pikachu, Charizard, Sceptile, all these Pokemon do not love Ash as much as Greninja?

I also absolutely despise the name "Ash-Greninja".

-anime rant explosion-

I hate this, I hate everything about it. You know what I don't like I don't like we have a special mechanic based on one character.
Why does it turn into this??? Are you telling me Pikachu, Charizard, Sceptile, all these Pokemon do not love Ash as much as Greninja?

I also absolutely despise the name "Ash-Greninja".

-anime rant explosion-

110% agreed.

Ash's Pikachu, which has been with him since the ******** beginning time, is just a regular Pikachu.
Ash's GRENINJA on the other hand, a) met him/evolved into greninja with him in KALOS! b) is not as cute as Pikachu xD.

Idk, could be some weird thing exclusive to Kalos tho.... No foreign Pokemon activate the special mechanic..

I really, really hate this kind of "fusion", it does not fit with Pokémon, so I'll act like it never existed.

Pokemon, ever heard of a good EX in a box? (Except for Tyrantrum). Thats why I don't buy them, because it is no good EX and no Figurine.

I'll never stop to hate this kind of "fusion" or "transformation"... Pokémon is not this, I'm sorry.

I'll never stop to hate this kind of "fusion" or "transformation"... Pokémon is not this, I'm sorry.

You're not the only one, I find Ash-Greninja to be so offensive to Pokemon. Mainly since I absolutely hate Ash as a character post Johto. I also find it ridiculous Greninja and Ash have a "stronger bond" than any of the Pokemon Ash has gone through life and death with.

EDIT: The packs alone are not worth the incentive to buy. If it had Flashfire, or Roaring Skies, we might have something.

Last edited:
Back