Artistic Inquiries Thread - Ask Anything Related to Art!

RE: Art Questions Thread

Lucky Fire said:
I know this question is a bit similar to one recently answered, but how do I use transparent backgrounds on GIMP/Paintbrush for Macs?
This has some extra steps but should help answer your question:
http://www.iherr.com/?page_id=12
probably want to look at steps 3 and 6

X-5 said:
I'm not 100% sure if this is the right place to ask but can any one recommend a decent tablet which isn't too expensive? And what's the price range of tablets?

While I own a Wacom Bamboo Tablet (the old one which the controls were on top and bought from Japan), I read this article here and people say it's more cheaper and better than Wacom tablets.

You may give that a try if it is available in your area. *bricked*

Thanks for that.. But I couldn't find any on ebay.. I found a couple on Amazon but I found some others which are cheaper on Ebay.. =/ Thanks for the input though.. :)

Hey I was wondering, if it would be OK to open up a Minecraft Texture Pack/ Skinning gallery? It would feature different Texturepacks as well as different skins I have made.

When i was on hear about 2 years ago there was this thread where you could request banners and other art related stuff to be made for you. Is there a thread just like that?

http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-the-art-request-thread-read-before-using-this-thread
Right below this one.

Uh, these days I can't seem to draw anything properly. All the animal sketches I do either have their snouts too long or they are too croooked. Even my Zoids sketches aren't working that well for me either. Does anyone know how you clear this up? And if it's possible, can someone tell me what's happening to me?

Draw from references. It's really the only way to learn.

Drawing from references, as Teal suggested, is one of best options. I usually draw Pokemon by looking at a card's artwork. I tend to improve after each drawing. After you feel confident in yourself, try moving on and draw without a reference.

Drawing from life is what I (and my art teachers) consider the best way to improve on pretty much anything. Buildings and plants stay still so you can draw them from multiple angles as often as you want, whenever you want. Living things move around so unless it's a sleeping animal it may be hard to draw, but even just a couple of very quick rough sketches can help you improve on overall body shape (like how an animal sits, stands, or walks). Going from photos / images is fine, but I suggest drawing from life as much as possible since you can see so much more if it's actually in front of you versus an image that doesn't change.

As far as "what's happening" to you, it may just be a slump. I go through some pretty bad slumps from time to time, where I just can't get motivated to draw anything and when I do nothing turns out right. It happens to most (if not all) artists (and I guess pretty much any profession).

Hey guys, I have a quick question: is it allowed to post my own thread for my music I've composed? (Mostly classical/soundtrack inspired ones.)

Definitely, Sheodon! I'd love to hear your work. =)

Um, i have a question pertaining the system of the art shops. Is the shop owner allowed to send an updated version of their shop along with some new services to it?

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/261/7/5/designs_by_mizutori_kun-d5f1xsh.png idk where to ask this, so i'll ask here
which design looks best? the pokemon have nothing to do with the design, because he'll have them regardless. it's the same guy, but each design has him at a different age and with a different personality
DELTA he's age 14, loves contests and art, and he's open about not being straight (idk if i can say the word on here)
OMEGA he's age 17, pretty intimidating and is a complete jerk, but is a pretty scary water-type gym leader with a dark abyss cave for a gym
ALPHA he's age 15, very thorough and cunning and has a counter for all water-type disadvantages
No matter what, he's a water type trainer
Beta is invalid due to it being voted by 0 people out of 4 (i need one outfit to get 5 votes, and so far, Alpha and delta are tied with 2 each, and Omega with one)
anyway, please help because most people see it and act like i'm trying to force them and end up saying stuff like "they're all horrible so get this f*cking cr@p away right now" or "what the h3ll is wrong with you?! you draw like sh!t!"

I'd have to say Alpha.
And it would look even better if the colors were a little brighter, I feel like it would make them stand out from each other and make the lines more clear.

Delta 3
Alpha 4
Omega 1 (NOW INVALID)
i need one more vote for alpha, ir 2 more for delta. if neither one wins before tomorrow, i'm making it so it's delta, but has the alpha outfit when swimming

Dark-Giratina said:
Um, i have a question pertaining the system of the art shops. Is the shop owner allowed to send an updated version of their shop along with some new services to it?

Hi, I have a question. can anyone tell me what you or what your Friends like paintings of? I'm having a hard time figuring out what people like and my art is how I make a living so it's kind of important!
Oh and Dark-G, what art shops do you mean?

@Dark-Giratina: I guess it could be possible to update your shop; however, you'll just have to ask one of the mods first.

Back